Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look man, all I know is I built up my JK Sahara into exactly what I wanted... and now it wont stop for sh*t. I have to plan my stops a couple intersections in advance.

;)
It must be a "Jeep thing" I wouldn't understand, lol

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When people are deciding between factory 33s or smaller vs the factory 35s, a common response that if you pick the smaller size, as soon as someone pulls up next to you with the 35s, you'll wish you had 35s as well. The 37s add a whole new level of dilemma. As soon as someone pulls up next to you with the 37s, you'll wish you had 37s so:
  • Do you start with 33s and upgrade to 37s so you can save the squatch cost?
  • Do you start with 35s and upgrade to 37s?
  • Do you upgrade to 37s right away or wait until your factory tires need replacing?
  • If you upgrade right away, how much will you be able to recoup from selling your takeoffs?
  • Will 37s fit on a factory rig? If not, will a leveling kit suffice or do you need a lift kit?
  • Will the guys in fannel do a walkaround of a rig with 37s?
  • I'm sure there are more questions that need to be asked.
My head is spinning. :)

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When people are deciding between factory 33s or smaller vs the factory 35s, a common response that if you pick the smaller size, as soon as someone pulls up next to you with the 35s, you'll wish you had 35s as well. The 37s add a whole new level of dilemma. As soon as someone pulls up next to you with the 37s, you'll wish you had 37s so:
  • Do you upgrade to 37s right away or wait until your factory tires need replacing?
  • If you upgrade right away, how much will you be able to recoup from selling your takeoffs?
  • Will 37s fit on a factory rig? If not, will a leveling kit suffice or do you need a lift kit?
  • Will the guys in fannel do a walkaround of a rig with 37s?
My head is spinning. :)
Mine too...my thoughts:
    • It would be undergeared, so you would want to re-gear. 4.7 might be acceptable and eliminate that need.
    • Probably a decent idea, as you can then keep the wheels and might be able to get away without re-gearing.
    • I'm going to wait and let the aftermarket sort out the best way to get there (lift wise)
    • Maybe $1k
    • No. Will need a lift.
  • Will the guys in flannel do a walk-around of a rig with 37s?
    • He's too upset about the response to their legal challenge yesterday, that he can't get out of bed right now.
    • How much $? Do we need a diff drop long term for that lift? What other issues with fit?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
4.7's will be plenty for that size tire with the way that 10 speed is geared. 4.69:1 first. An FJ has a 3.5:1 first. So basically a 4.7 axle bronco has the same overall starting ratio as an FJ with 5:88s. The 10 speed also has a TRIPLE overdrive which is nice. 7th is 1:1 and 8th, 9th, and 10th are all overdrive.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
as far as brakes are concerned the things are engineered for a 35, a mild bump to a 37 shouldnt be much of an issue. Jk's largest oem tire was a 32, so the jump to 37 is much larger.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

4.7's will be plenty for that size tire with the way that 10 speed is geared. 4.69:1 first. An FJ has a 3.5:1 first. So basically a 4.7 axle bronco has the same overall starting ratio as an FJ with 5:88s. The 10 speed also has a TRIPLE overdrive which is nice. 7th is 1:1 and 8th, 9th, and 10th are all overdrive.
What your thoughts on the M210 front axles with 37's?
Any clue what the "upgraded half shafts" are in the Ford performance listing? Any insight into the beef?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I the only one wildly disappointed that this appears to be the one Saavy was working on? Was hoping for a legit build not a 4wheel parts showcase vehicle.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oh-king-of-the-hammers-build-pics-video.9988/
Something to actually run the 4600 class. Saavy built the Gladiator for jeep to run it last year so the general consensus was they weee building a bronco to run it this year since one was spotted at their shop. Tons of pics of a nice JL build but this is the same bronco that was spotted there. A bolt on lift bronco cruising around hammertown like a forehead grill wrangler at Jeep beech doesn’t interest me. I want moar race truck.

Add me to that list. I expected something like the pics below ..... Hopefully we will see it in action during the Hammers coverage over the next 10 days.

Ford Bronco 37’s and Fox Suspension on Bronco Outer Banks @ King of Hammers (KOH) 1611875306214

20201127_232756.jpg
Sponsored