ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

who remembers the jacked up toyota pickups from 80s. the trend was to put these little trucks on huge tires, and they were great in the mud because the pretty much floated through mud. but when it came to climbing over rocks and obstacles, they were terrible. the engine torque and gear ratios could not go low enough to spin the wheels efficiently. i fear too many are putting themselves in similar circumstances here... just thinking out loud....

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
who remembers the jacked up toyota pickups from 80s. the trend was to put these little trucks on huge tires, and they were great in the mud because the pretty much floated through mud. but when it came to climbing over rocks and obstacles, they were terrible. the engine torque and gear ratios could not go low enough to spin the wheels efficiently. i fear too many are putting themselves in similar circumstances here... just thinking out loud....
There's not enough of a difference between 35s and 37s to make the gearing insufficient. You will feel the difference but as long as you're not trying to race the car next to you at the light, it'll be fine.

And once the taller gears are available, it will be easily correctable anyway.

Sponsored

Sal FX4

Wildtrak
First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There's not enough of a difference between 35s and 37s to make the gearing insufficient. You will feel the difference but as long as you're not trying to race the car next to you at the light, it'll be fine.

And once the taller gears are available, it will be easily correctable anyway.
Agreed, and to add to this point, it already has 4.70s

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mall crawler with no lift…rub city.
Exactly! get it off road and cross diagonally through a small ditch and rip off your fenders, On the other hand,...if aftermarket providers create high clearance fenders,...then you may be on to something. Keeping the center of gravity low and having taller tires is the way to go!!
The perfect Jeep would have been if Jeep moved forward with their lower 40 concept Jeep, I'd own one of those right now!!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That looks ridiculous.

az_dirt

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bad Sas AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At first look I thought "those look amazing.. Hell yeah!" Then I realized I was looking at the stock tires...which look so nice!!! Interesting that 37s can fit. Not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze for my BL-SAS when it comes.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

as a side question, has anyone heard complaints about the 2 pc lug nuts Ford is using on the Ranger and the Bronco? Are you guys changing the lugs nuts when installing the custom wheels? if yes what are you getting?

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get it. Looks cool. But for this vehicle I feel like 35s are the sweet spot aesthetically

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nice. Can anybody make out what brand tires those are? Also notice that they didn't swap out the spare.
Specs:
  • Toyo Open Country MT 37" Tires
  • Spare tire bracket from 4wp
Sponsored