Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In my opinion the outstanding number of orders doesn't really mean anything at this point. We know Ford has extra production capacity... and they could EASILY build 37,000 orders (or even 78,000 orders) this year. Matt effectively confirmed as much during the live stream. The issue is they don't have the components to built the specific configurations people are ordering.
@ 12,000 build rate per month, Ford can build the 37k or 78k orders, but not all of them as presently ordered. Hence, the 'request' to omit Sas/Mic/Lux.
Matt didn't directly answer whether dealers with with a high order/allocation ratio, (Granger, etc) would receive enough to fill their orders. He kinda just said 'talk to your dealer'.
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the summary. Were the new Bronco emblems cool, and did they say when available?
They look like the 80's style, in gloss black. About $150/pair. They come in a real nice box!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the summary. Were the new Bronco emblems cool, and did they say when available?
They’re available now for preorder on the Bronco Nation Gear Store (it’s not through Ford Accessories).

It’s basically like the Bronco scripts everyone buys, but instead of the 1st generation script badge, they’re stylized like the old 2nd gen through 5th gen Bronco badges with the blocky letters. (As @Fly by Nite mentioned.)

I would post a link but anytime I post a link to the BN store it gets deleted by the admin for “advertising third party sites”. So… you’ll have to go to the Bronco Nation website and track it down yourself.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took notes.....

They spent the first 15 minutes talking about the new Bronco emblems we can buy from Ford Accessories!!! ..... At first I thought they were giving them to us for free, oh well.
They mentioned the new 'Ford Performance App', which I haven't heard of before.

Other than that, there wasn't much new info.
The $2500 bonus can not be used when changing trims, unless you are changing from Wildtrack.
As far as using the $2500 bonus on something other than your original order, I was confused.... Matt said it was good thru 2023 on a new order or an in-stock vehicle. But he also said it was good for a 2024 order, which conflicts with the 'thru 2023' comment.
I missed whether the $2500 bonus could be combined with the price protection towards a vehicle other than your original order. I think he said 'no', since pp is tied to your original order.
If you do cancel your order to get the $2500 certificate, it will take 'a little while' to be issued(hours, days, weeks???).
No confirmation on any dates such as 3/27 order banks opening, or what may be scheduled in the coming weeks. He cannot comment on any future offerings such as a refresh in '24.

When order banks reopen on (??), there will still be build constraints, which will tbd.
Shipping time are still long, but improving.
The mod bumper/plastic skid plate issue is being addressed, it was an error.
That's all I got....
hmm, I thought Matt said the $2500 credit for cancellation, could NOT be used on a MY24 Bronco. It must be a MY23 Bronco.

Also for the $2500 credit to apply, I think the Bronco must be off a lot, not an ordered MY23 Bronco?

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco 37k outstanding unscheduled Bronco orders as of Jan 25, 2023 1674708463264

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hmm, I thought Matt said the $2500 credit for cancellation, could NOT be used on a MY24 Bronco. It must be a MY23 Bronco.

Also for the $2500 credit to apply, I think the Bronco must be off a lot, not an ordered MY23 Bronco?
He stumbled a bit on that part, but I think he was trying to say the $2500 certificate can be used on any 2023MY in-stock Bronco, even if you buy that Bronco early in the 2024 calendar year.

The question was effectively trying to understand when the expiration date of the $2500 certificate was, folks were concerned that it expired at the end of this calendar year. But seems like it may stay valid in 2024, you just can only use it on a 2023MY vehicle.

But hard to tell for sure, as I said he stumbled a bit on that part.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
He stumbled a bit on that part, but I think he was trying to say the $2500 certificate can be used on any 2023MY in-stock Bronco, even if you buy that Bronco early in the 2024 calendar year.

The question was effectively trying to understand when the expiration date of the $2500 certificate was, folks were concerned that it expired at the end of this calendar year. But seems like it may stay valid in 2024, you just can only use it on a 2023MY vehicle.

But hard to tell for sure, as I said he stumbled a bit on that part.
Yep I think that's a good summary, that's my impression as well based on what was said on the call.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here the new badges
Ford Bronco 37k outstanding unscheduled Bronco orders as of Jan 25, 2023 MicrosoftTeams-image_56_1024x1024

Ford Bronco 37k outstanding unscheduled Bronco orders as of Jan 25, 2023 MicrosoftTeams-image_56_1024x1024
Ford should send a set of those to every reservation holder that opted out of a Wildtrak. "Gee, sorry we couldn't build the truck you waited 3 years for, but if you slap these on the side of your OBX and make vroom vroom sounds it will be almost the same!". 😜

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At about 119:00 is where Matt, the new EPJ tells outstanding reservation holders to pound sand 😏

Sponsored

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On 1/17/23 Tim reported there were 78,000 orders remaining
On 1/24 he said 37,000.
Were 41,000 scheduled last week?

In tonight's webcast Matt Winter, the Bronco brand manager, did not comment on those figures.
Maybe the difference is reservation holder order conversions versus the total number of orders?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah Matt danced around the question.

To be fair to Matt, he CAN'T answer the question because there are liability issues in play due to Ford being a public company. That type of information has to be cleared by corporate communications first due to potential SEC concerns.

In my opinion the outstanding number of orders doesn't really mean anything at this point. We know Ford has extra production capacity... and they could EASILY build 37,000 orders (or even 78,000 orders) this year. Matt effectively confirmed as much during the live stream. The issue is they don't have the components to built the specific configurations people are ordering.
But my concern is, if I dropped all constraints why not guarantee I get built as a MY23 if there’s so much room left?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But my concern is, if I dropped all constraints why not guarantee I get built as a MY23 if there’s so much room left?
You cannot guarantee anything in the automobile business because you don’t know what’s going to happen and not everything is in your direct control (the past few years have clearly demonstrated this). If you guarantee something that opens you up to legal action if you can’t deliver.

Even the Terms and Conditions on the reservation system—that I’m sure almost no one read—specifically said, “Participation in the (reservation) Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery.”

That’s why I always have to chuckle when someone makes a post claiming they are going to file a lawsuit, because they clearly did not read the paperwork.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On top of what RagnarKon said above - Remember that the dealerships are Ford's customers, not us.

When the question was brought up, "Well, if you can't build all of the remaining order holders with their selections, then why are you going to open the order banks back up?"

Matt Winters (Bronco Brand Manager) basically said, "We have to keep the market fair for those dealerships that worked through their reservations and would like new Bronco orders for their customers ."

It sucks - I know, as I'm still waiting and dropped all the constraints with the recent news. That's all we can do, though.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On top of what RagnarKon said above - Remember that the dealerships are Ford's customers, not us.

When the question was brought up, "Well, if you can't build all of the remaining order holders with their selections, then why are you going to open the order banks back up?"

Matt Winters (Bronco Brand Manager) basically said, "We have to keep the market fair for those dealerships that worked through their reservations and would like new Bronco orders for their customers ."

It sucks - I know, as I'm still waiting and dropped all the constraints with the recent news. That's all we can do, though.
Yeah that’s pretty frustrating. Ford is blatantly saying dealers matter more than customers. If I could stomach a Fiat product I would just buy one. Maybe I’ll look into a 4xE.
Sponsored