First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve read a lot of posts about the lift needed to accommodate 37s without rub. It seems like there’s a lot of mixed information. Does anyone have input on this set up:

- Badlands with Sasquatch
- Maxlider lift (Adds 3” to front & 2” to back of Sasquatch package
- Wheels 17x9 -12MM Offset

The manufacturer says: “Although 37" x 12.50" will work at ride height, the tires will still contact the front body mount and possibly rear inner fender through wheel travel and steering lock to lock. If running this size tire and using the full suspension travel, these areas must be addressed.”

However, I’ve read some reviews that say there’s no rub at all with the 37s. So, it’s tough to know what’s right. If anyone has any input, that would be great! Thank you!
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By all accounts I have seen a 2.5" to 3" on the stock suspension w/ a zero offset wheel is the sweet spot for 37s not rubbing at full lock, full stuff. If you plan to run a coil-over lift w/ extended travel w/o bump stops there's still potential for rubbing the inner fender at full stuff. Tons of threads out there.

Yetibronco21

Big Bend
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Will be installing my 37s on 18x9 with +18 offset tires are 13.5 as well sitting on 2 inch spacers. Also have the max tire clearence kit. Currently on 35s with Fuel Block 18x9 -12 offset. I also have the DV8 stubby bumper for extra clearence

Ford Bronco 37s and Lift needed for No rub 64AED1F3-98CD-4916-B842-A1F4E4663F36

2F87BE27-1FD1-47A4-8250-F29BB6214A8C.jpeg

C9767DB7-F648-4B41-A61D-B7BA62D5B17B.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Oris1977

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will be installing my 37s on 18x9 with +18 offset tires are 13.5 as well sitting on 2 inch spacers. Also have the max tire clearence kit. Currently on 35s with Fuel Block 18x9 -19 offset.

Ford Bronco 37s and Lift needed for No rub C9767DB7-F648-4B41-A61D-B7BA62D5B17B
that set up you have in that picture looks great! I love the blue and those wheels. Yeah let me know how it turns out with the 37 when you put them on there. Thank you

Sponsored
OP
OP

Oris1977

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
II'll through my 2 cents in on the wheels. A -12mm off set is going to give you a pretty aggressive backspacing somewhere close to 4.5. Unless your plan on going bigger/wider than 37x12.50 ( or want a lot of poke) I would stay try and keep backspacing to a max of 5.

Going that aggressive on the backspacing is just going to cause thing to wear out faster. If installing an aftermarket lift the lift manufacture will usually give you guidance/recommendation on wheel backspacing. Most aren't going to go below 5 inches.

But at the end of the day it's a personal choice. To each his or her own
Thank you for your response. I always appreciate input as I'm definitely open to better ideas and understanding the implications of all of the options.

My understanding (and I could be way wrong here) is that the Sasquatch package provides a +30MM offset. So, if I went with aftermarket wheels with a -12MM offset, wouldn't that make my total offset 42MM or 1.65"? Please let me know if I did something wrong here. I don't want to have more poke than that.

The lift instructions recommended "no more" than a 37x12.5r17 wheel with a -12MM offset, so I should be okay there. My main concern is just whether or not the 37s will rub. I won't be extreme off-roading often, but I like the look of the 37s. Maybe I am just splicing hairs too much here and need to just stick with some nice 35s.

I definitely agree that too much poke can cause problems. If my calculations are correct, I'm hoping 1.65" will not be too much of an issue on the wear and tear. I'll just be driving the Bronco on the weekend, so I would be surprised if I put more than 5,000 miles a year on it. So, hopefully, the extra wear and tear of the aftermarket set up will somewhat be compensated for due to the low mileage projections.

Let me know what you think. Thanks again.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have the RPG collar lift with 2.25" front and 1.25" rear lift and 17x8.5 wheels 0 offset, and 37s and no rub whatsoever. I'm sure with full flex the rear will touch the fender lining but haven't been in a full flex situation yet.

Ford Bronco 37s and Lift needed for No rub B0204A82-382C-46FC-B3CD-A0FC721268B3

Carson

Base
First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am curious about this as well. Would the squatch wheels rub with the same lift as OP referenced?

Yetibronco21

Big Bend
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Might be wrong but I remember reading on other posts that because of the offset being somewhere in the 30’s and the 37s you will rub on the crash bar or possibly other components.

If you get wheel spacers you can work around it though. Again don’t quite in it but I have read A- lot in regards to the offset/lift required for the 37s

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve read a lot of posts about the lift needed to accommodate 37s without rub. It seems like there’s a lot of mixed information. Does anyone have input on this set up:

- Badlands with Sasquatch
- Maxlider lift (Adds 3” to front & 2” to back of Sasquatch package
- Wheels 17x9 -12MM Offset
If you are looking for zero rub offroad with only minor trim, you should probably be near 17x8.5+12 or 17x9+6. This is also what Zone recommends (5-5.5" backspace). 17x9-12 (4.5") is outside of the recommended range, so I don't know why Maxlider says that is OK (maybe street use only).

JKS makes a kit to fix the clearance issues if you are willing to modify the frame. They claim it works for 37x12.50 and 4.5-5.5" backspace wheels, so it might be a solution to use your 17x9-12 wheels offroad. You might be able to gain enough clearance by installing only the fender clearance brackets from the JKS kit:
Ford Bronco 37s and Lift needed for No rub 1650396569409

For what it is worth, this is what I observed when trying various wheel offsets (spring & bump stop removed):

17x8.5+10 Sasquatch w/20mm wheel spacer (zero rub issues with KM3)
Ford Bronco 37s and Lift needed for No rub IMG_0898.JPG
Ford Bronco 37s and Lift needed for No rub IMG_0904.JPG

17x8.5+30 (tire contacts frame)
Ford Bronco 37s and Lift needed for No rub IMG_0894.JPG

17x8.5+0 (fender clearance issues at rear of front tire). I was shocked at how terrible the clearance is for this wheel size that is commonly recommended. This is the photo with the liner removed so you can see the internal plastic parts that are in the way. The JKS kit eliminates those parts to improve clearance.
Ford Bronco 37s and Lift needed for No rub IMG_0910.JPG

Sponsored

Carson

Base
First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
So it looks like the 20mm spacer was able to get you what you needed with stock squatch wheels? How much lift do you currently have?

OP
OP

Oris1977

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are looking for zero rub offroad with only minor trim, you should probably be near 17x8.5+12 or 17x9+6. This is also what Zone recommends (5-5.5" backspace). 17x9-12 (4.5") is outside of the recommended range, so I don't know why Maxlider says that is OK (maybe street use only).
thank you for all of the good info.

The Zone Off-road and the Maxlider lift are the same except for the Maxlider lift comes with the upgraded BDS upper control arm. I was reading the installation manuals for both and they are identical. I called my lift installer, who has installed both, and he confirmed that they are the same but the Maxlider lift just substitutes the upper control arm to a nicer, BDS arm.

It’s confusing because the Maxlider lift is advertised as a 4” lift (in the fine print it says 4” total when added to an existing Sasquatch lift). So, really the Maxlider is a 3” lift if you have Sasquatch. The Zone Off-road is, in my opinion, advertised more clearly as a 3” lift that can be added to the existing Sasquatch lift. I found all of this out because the sales rep (she wasn’t being sketchy as she was just under informed) sold me the Maxlider because it was a 4” lift that should give me plenty of clearance for the 37s. That’s when I read the install manual and fine print to see it’s really a 3” lift. I’m still going with the Maxlider either way due to the BDS control arm.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it looks like the 20mm spacer was able to get you what you needed with stock squatch wheels? How much lift do you currently have?
I ended up using 0.75" BORA wheel spacers, and currently have the Icon 3" installed with BDS UCA. Not counting the tires and with winch installed, the front is ~2" over nominal sasquatch height and level. Including tires, it is 3" over stock. The actual lift amount isn't critical, but the strut spacers keep the tires well clear of the fender metal.
Ford Bronco 37s and Lift needed for No rub IMG_1012.JPG

It’s confusing because the Maxlider lift is advertised as a 4” lift (in the fine print it says 4” total when added to an existing Sasquatch lift). So, really the Maxlider is a 3” lift if you have Sasquatch.
3" is more than enough. The Zone 2"/1" kit should also work fine, since the strut spacers are the only thing that really matters for offroad clearance. I used the BDS arm with the Icon 3" kit (actually 2.5").
Sponsored