steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if U do a 1” front leveling kit, a 1.5” body lift (Broncbuster), and get the JKS big tire kit you should be able to accomplish 37s without having to take your suspension outside of acceptable factory angles
I went back through old posts and saw you have a 1.5 body lift. Is it the broncbuster one? Yours looks really good
Sponsored

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zone 2"/1" (Front/Back) lift/level on Non Sas Badlands with Stock BL Bead-lock capable Wheels at +55 offset along with 1 1/2" Bora spacers bringing it to a +17 offset. Found a killer deal on a set of new takeoff 35's. Just the right amount of poke and clears everything. (Crash Bars removed of course). Doetsch Off-Road (who did the lift for me said I would want a minimum 3" lift, new UCA's, tailgate reinforcement etc..) to put 37's on it.

Ford Bronco 37s on stock Badlands dilemma IMG_4748.JPG

Ford Bronco 37s on stock Badlands dilemma IMG_4749.JPG

Ford Bronco 37s on stock Badlands dilemma IMG_4750.JPG

Ford Bronco 37s on stock Badlands dilemma IMG_4751.JPG

OP
OP
steverollin

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shit. Forgot about the spare and the tailgate. Reasons against are starting to add up.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any specific one that you'd recommend? TIA

And by the way I don't disagree that 37s are not the smart choice. Same thing people told me on the JT forums when I went this way. I am happy but know I'm not necessarily in the majority there. If I didn't have them already I'd just get the C load 35s and be done. And may end up there before all is said and done
Well don't let us sway what you like. I was just saying what I liked but if you like 37s and if they're free that's all the more better.

cobro92

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Also don't forget about the small gas mileage hit when you add bigger tires!

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shit. Forgot about the spare and the tailgate. Reasons against are starting to add up.
I wouldn't worry much about the tailgate. Those hinges are plenty beefy. I have had a 37" spare on there for a year now without reinforcement and without issue.

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watched the below the other day and it shows 37s on non sasquatch able to turn lock to lock. You'd still need to get a little lift clear when flexed, but you could get home with little or no rubbing (after removing front crash bars). Then get a collar/perch lift for $250, like RPG for the lift and you have 37's.

Skip to 20:20

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Prob want to watch that video a little more to watch for the offset setting as well just to compare your rims to the ones they put on as that will effect rub too.

Mocopo

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4dr Badsquatch. 22 JLUR-XR.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd go for the Zone Offroad spacer lift with UCAs. $600 total. Then get a tierod brace like the JKS one for $50. Way cheaper than buying 5 new tires. And yes, I know some people mentioned the tailgate, but we have plenty of examples of people who never touched it and are hanging 37s off it no problem.

The wheels are the long pole IMO. You might need spacers, so another few hundred bucks for decent ones, and its possible they wont want to mount the 37s on the stock wheel, which is 17x8. So you might need new wheels...

Sponsored
OP
OP
steverollin

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd go for the Zone Offroad spacer lift with UCAs. $600 total. Then get a tierod brace like the JKS one for $50. Way cheaper than buying 5 new tires. And yes, I know some people mentioned the tailgate, but we have plenty of examples of people who never touched it and are hanging 37s off it no problem.

The wheels are the long pole IMO. You might need spacers, so another few hundred bucks for decent ones, and its possible they wont want to mount the 37s on the stock wheel, which is 17x8. So you might need new wheels...
Really appreciate all the input. I have four 1.25 inch bora spacers sitting at home already. Was going to run those either way. Very good point on rim width. Discount tire used to be really funny about that but I think my geolanders are good for 8-11. Discount at least seems to have loosed up on this and / or the tire manufacturers are expanding their acceptable ratings.

I had a moment today where I was thinking of being sensible and sticking with 35s. But just made a drink and it’s tasting like I need the 37s lol

tinfoilhat

Base
First Name
Katarina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi, I see you guys talking about changing wheels and wheel offset. So I just want to confirm something that's bugging me.
How do you figure out if it's fine? Do you just do the math or use calculators like this https://wheelssize.com/wheel-offset/? Just want to make sure I am not missing anything if I use a calculator

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really appreciate all the input. I have four 1.25 inch bora spacers sitting at home already. Was going to run those either way. Very good point on rim width. Discount tire used to be really funny about that but I think my geolanders are good for 8-11. Discount at least seems to have loosed up on this and / or the tire manufacturers are expanding their acceptable ratings.

I had a moment today where I was thinking of being sensible and sticking with 35s. But just made a drink and it’s tasting like I need the 37s lol
this comment is so funny! i have been back and forth as well, i have stock badlands, bought some SAS wheels and tires someone took off, and have a SVC 2in perch collar lift, reading all these posts to see if i can get 37 on when these 35 wear out, also the SAS rims are a +30 (or 35?) offset not down near zero so i have that consideration too or possible small wheel spacer. Good luck!!

OP
OP
steverollin

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this comment is so funny! i have been back and forth as well, i have stock badlands, bought some SAS wheels and tires someone took off, and have a SVC 2in perch collar lift, reading all these posts to see if i can get 37 on when these 35 wear out, also the SAS rims are a +30 (or 35?) offset not down near zero so i have that consideration too or possible small wheel spacer. Good luck!!
Yeah dude there are lots of reasons to be sensible and not do it but what fun is that. I thought my 37s looked huge when i got them but now they are normal and feel like 35s look small. Kind of like when you get that massive new TV and instantly wish you went bigger. I haven't posted back up here but there are a number of threads with people putting 37s on stock badlands with some minimal combination of wheel spacers, puck/preload spacers, small body lifts etc. I'm going to give it a go and just experiment a little. Leading plan now is the Bora 1.25 spacers (already have them), zone 2/1 spacer kit (1221 I think?), remove crash bars, and see how it does. I've made much stupider decisions in my life. Blend date is 11/2 so we will find out soon enough!!

It's funny because I was talking last week to my jeep mechanic who has done stuff for me and does a ton of crazy jeep builds. He said Man just trash the bilsteins and get full coilovers, they are terrible, have you ridden them yet? So everyone has an opinion.

OP
OP
steverollin

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys I wanted to come back and give y’all an update on my build. I took delivery the day before thanksgiving. So happy with my bronco so far. After a long drive home I stopped by my tire shop and had them remove the crash bars and mount the 37x12.5 ko2s and my bora 1.25 inch spacers. Here is the picture after that. No rub at full lock but it was tight. 1/4 to 1/2 inch or so. But looks cool as shit which is of course what matters.

Ford Bronco 37s on stock Badlands dilemma 90F50840-3716-4A45-80BF-D5A5231C97E8

Today I got the zone 2 inch puck lift installed. The zone 1221 kit. I think it looks just right. Got late so I snapped a quick picture in the parking lot but just to give you an idea. I’ll try to flex it in the coming weeks and see where I rub. Hope this helps some of y’all. Ride difference was negligible for me. I would compare it to how your car drives better after it has been washed.

Ford Bronco 37s on stock Badlands dilemma AB77EE68-6A54-4664-A93C-DFA7A7E8DD1D
Sponsored