Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bust. Wife already said no. Wildtrak might be her daily driver and “35s” are big enough.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting 37’s and 17” methods on my bronco for sure. I went back and forth for awhile but after seeing another jeep the other day with 37’s I was in love!??​

Sponsored

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anybody have an estimate on what it would cost in parts alone (no labor) to put 40s or 37s on a Bronco? What else would you need/want to upgrade to not have other parts fail?

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anybody have an estimate on what it would cost in parts alone (no labor) to put 40s or 37s on a Bronco? What else would you need/want to upgrade to not have other parts fail?
It’s hard to know exactly but likely at a minimum you’ll want strong front axle shafts, and probably need beefier steering components.

That little tube thing on the passenger side of the diff, for equal length axle shafts, is probably going to be a failure point too. Ideally someone will make some sort of truss type thing that replaces that and beefs up the diff housing and mounts.

If you don’t plan to really wheel hard, 40’s should be just fine. A true mall crawler or light trail duty won’t destroy it, but you’re gonna wear through every conceivable stock joint much more quickly.

edit to add: check out what SVC off-road does for the Raptor. Obviously that’s a kit made to jump, but if you’re serious about getting into nasty stuff on big tires, that’s probably similar to what you’re going to want to do. IFS gets pricey.
Ford Bronco 37s or bust. Who’s in? 0CD5AF90-2BF2-4036-A4D3-7364066BACAB

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aw, hell no. Ever tried to change flat on a vehicle with 37" tires by yourself? I'm too old for that shit, lol.
I totally get that. I got a flat with 35's one week after breaking my hand and that was the hardest tire I have ever changed in my entire life. Took me at least an hour. :ROFLMAO:

I built my Jeep with the plan to go to 37's at some point, but never got around to doing the rest of the mods necessary to keep it from falling apart. It was just too expensive for how often I would appreciate having them (other than appearance).

35's are probably where I will stay with the Bronco as well, unless I am permanently remote. I only go into the office once a week because of covid, so decrease in gas mileage isn't a huge deal to me.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i didnt think of this but will a 37" tire fit on the back of the tire carrier? thats something to consider when looking to get bigger tires.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i didnt think of this but will a 37" tire fit on the back of the tire carrier? thats something to consider when looking to get bigger tires.
I saw this discussed somewhere as well. If the 35 will fit, you only need an extra inch (obviously). Someone else suggested just keeping a 35 on the spare as well. I want to find a way to fit 37s on my badlands 2d with as few mods as possible. Thinking skip the sasquatch, probably need a very small body lift aka spacers. Again, all you need is an extra inch.

I'm assuming the first point that would rub is the fender under full articulation and that may not be the case. Could be something else that hits first at full turn for instance. Probably just have to wait and see. But I am very interested and dont care at all about mpg etc. It just looks bad ass.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The real question is do I get sasquatch package or do 37s aftermarket?
For me it makes sense to go ahead and get the Sasquatch first, then upgrade the lift later in order to run 37s. That way you get the front and rear lockers and the 4.7 final drive ratio. Then you shouldn't have to worry about re-gearing to put those 37s on. That also means you won't have to spend all your money up front. Wait for the 35s to wear down enough to need replacing, then upgrade the lift and tires all at the same time.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

80% daily driver, 20% off-roader. I think the Sasquatch package with 35's will be the magic ticket for me, as I don't want to give up road ride quality. I do have to admit though the 37's will look awesome.
ford-bronco-raptor-rendered-with-cutout-doors-and-carbon-fiber-fender-flares_3.jpg

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me it makes sense to go ahead and get the Sasquatch first, then upgrade the lift later in order to run 37s. That way you get the front and rear lockers and the 4.7 final drive ratio. Then you shouldn't have to worry about re-gearing to put those 37s on. That also means you won't have to spend all your money up front. Wait for the 35s to wear down enough to need replacing, then upgrade the lift and tires all at the same time.
yeah thats a good idea. the badlands already has the front and rear lockers so i dont need the squatch for those. I was just wondering if a 37" tire would fit on the back of the bronco if i decide to do 37's. I am most likely just going to skip the squatch and use the money i would spend on it to get the 37's and rims i want.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw this discussed somewhere as well. If the 35 will fit, you only need an extra inch (obviously). Someone else suggested just keeping a 35 on the spare as well. I want to find a way to fit 37s on my badlands 2d with as few mods as possible. Thinking skip the sasquatch, probably need a very small body lift aka spacers. Again, all you need is an extra inch.

I'm assuming the first point that would rub is the fender under full articulation and that may not be the case. Could be something else that hits first at full turn for instance. Probably just have to wait and see. But I am very interested and dont care at all about mpg etc. It just looks bad ass.
i agree i with you. i would be skipping the sasquatch and just going straight to 37's and getting a 2" lift put on to help them fit. you can use the money you would spend on the squatch package and put that towards a nice pair of 37's and wheels with a lift

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well for a good IFS suspension lift, such as through BDS, you are looking at at least $2k just for the lift. Then you are looking at $1.3k-$2k for the tires and probably pretty close to that for good offroad wheels. You are looking at around $6k. The good news is that if you go with a reputable suspension lift brand like BDS, Icon, Superlift, ect. the lifts get your suspension components to almost factory geometry. Then you won't be putting undue stress on the components that are still stock. Many of the good suspension lift brands also have a lifetime warranty where if repairs needed are deemed to be caused by the suspension lift, the repairs will be covered.
Sponsored