Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Bradley,

Great story, experimenting and benefitting all of us…Thanks for your hard work. I know the SAS wheel offset if 30 but I’m wondering your thoughts of this combo:

Non-SAS wheels (55 offset), 37s, full coilover lift like OME-BP51 or similar. You think there’s a fighting chance to make this wheel work and what size spacer? To get 0 offset it would take 2” spacer but that just feels wrong. With lift, maybe smaller spacer would work? Your thoughts?

Pic is just example of wheel I’m talkin about

Thanks

A1EAC435-0DB6-428E-9836-BC40F20FBA09.jpeg

Ok, first off I'm a big fan of those wheels.

1.25 spacer
may or may not need 1in lift depending on use all this is saying you are going to use a KM3 tire.

See my next post
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1.25 spacer
may or may not need 1in lift depending on use all this is saying you are going to use a KM3 tire.

See my next post
My tire is Nitto Ridge Grappler (36.77”)
1.25” spacer gets me to 23mm offset from the 55 on those wheels
Of course I will remove crashbars but hope not to use JKS kit

My use is Overlanding which includes weight of aftermarket bumpers, winch, rack, RTT, gear in side, skids, etc etc…Could be upwards of 1150lb. My plan is to use OME-BP51 coilovers and adjust accordingly. But the 1.25 spacer is all I can do to move wheel outward. My original plan was a 0 offset wheel, but I really do like these wheels as well. I’d have to find/buy a set

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1.25 spacer

See my next post
I used a 1.5 inch spacer to fit ko2 37" on my 2 door badlands non squatech. With the base badlands wheels. It did not rub but I put a zone 1221 spacer kit on anyway more for looks.

In hindsight, 1.5 inch was a little too much and I wish I'd done 1.25 inch spacers as you suggest. Just a hair too much poke for me but I wanted to be sure I cleared the upper control arms etc.

Oh and I pulled the crash bars of course.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used a 1.5 inch spacer to fit ko2 37" on my 2 door badlands non squatech. With the base badlands wheels. It did not rub but I put a zone 1221 spacer kit on anyway more for looks.

In hindsight, 1.5 inch was a little too much and I wish I'd done 1.25 inch spacers as you suggest. Just a hair too much poke for me but I wanted to be sure I cleared the upper control arms etc.

Oh and I pulled the crash bars of course.
I guess the thing to remember is your wheel and my potential wheel are 25mm different (1”) so that is the main issue I think

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My tire is Nitto Ridge Grappler (36.77”)
1.25” spacer gets me to 23mm offset from the 55 on those wheels
Of course I will remove crashbars but hope not to use JKS kit

My use is Overlanding which includes weight of aftermarket bumpers, winch, rack, RTT, gear in side, skids, etc etc…Could be upwards of 1150lb. My plan is to use OME-BP51 coilovers and adjust accordingly. But the 1.25 spacer is all I can do to move wheel outward. My original plan was a 0 offset wheel, but I really do like these wheels as well. I’d have to find/buy a set
You also have a different size wheel. I'm about to catch a flight so can't double check it but on the new thread I started I shared a link that helps figure it out with different wheels and all.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess the thing to remember is your wheel and my potential wheel are 25mm different (1”) so that is the main issue I think
Yes your wheel is 1in different and I added a 1/4 spacer to this build. I added1in spacer to my 38s build and only when off-roading daily driving no spacer but that's a completely different build.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the optional badlands wheel and the standard badlands wheel (mine) were the same size and both +55? If I'm quoting bad information please correct me.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the optional badlands wheel and the standard badlands wheel (mine) were the same size and both +55? If I'm quoting bad information please correct me.
SAS wheel is 17X8.5 (+30mm offset)
Badland wheels (both) are 17 x 8 (+55mm offset)
Sponsored

Last edited: