Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched from 37x13.50x17 cooper discoverer to 38x13.50 milestars. saved some weight and added some comfort because they are a c load. Yea milestars are debatable but I got an amazing price on them. Planning a trip in Oct to test them out. About to add jks kit this weekend
Can you give me more info on your build lift things like that I am thinking about trying a 40in in that tire and just wondering if I can make it fit or just do the 38in

I went back and read your build 2in spacers still what you have. Any info would be nice. Like how close is the tire to rubbing in what spots. What wheels do you have now and what offset. From what I have read those measure out about 37in and the 40s measure out about 39in so I will need a full 1in more clearance. I really think 38s is all thats going to fit besides the 39s
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you give me more info on your build lift things like that I am thinking about trying a 40in in that tire and just wondering if I can make it fit or just do the 38in

I went back and read your build 2in spacers still what you have. Any info would be nice. Like how close is the tire to rubbing in what spots. What wheels do you have now and what offset. From what I have read those measure out about 37in and the 40s measure out about 39in so I will need a full 1in more clearance. I really think 38s is all thats going to fit besides the 39s
I have 4wp coilovers and uca. It's a close fit and been thinking about the 1.5 body lift but it's $$. 40s would not fit unless you changed fenders out or some trimming

20220604_143317.jpg

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(((Couldn't get the 39s so I'm going Milestar Patagonia M/T Mud-Terrain Tire - 38s they are 1/2 the price weigh less and C rated))) People say they only get 25k-30k miles out of them.

These tire will be used 90% of the time on the trail I wanted to run the 39s but I would have to pay twice the money and just can't see it being worth that. If I see the room I may upgrade later to 40s but from what I have read they just don't ride near as nice so it looks like 38s are the sweet spot.

The goal is still the same fit them with as little of lift and money as I can.
Zone 2in $200 and tire together is less than $2000 (Tire are coming from Walmart) only bought 4 $401 each
JKS max kit $220
Spacers ? (Not sure yet what is needed)

On the tires this is a good thread to check out goes back 4 years and has a ton of updates.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/anyone-running-the-milestar-patagonia-m-t-tire.18347/

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ran the Milestars, 35s on my Jeep JL for 3 years before the bronco, I did some trials out here in AZ with them. I didn't have any complaints. I found they rode suprisingly smooth on road, though a little loud at highway speeds.

I found out after I ran them a while that you are supposed run them on the center on road, with at least 34 lbs in them. Then air down as usual off road. Dont chalk test them.

P.S. I ran across pics of a sasquatch on 38s ( Nitto Ridge Grapplers) on the DV8 web, slider page, when I was looking for sliders. Not sure what they did to get them to fit, looks like its got a small spacer at most.

I put 37s on my Basesquatch a few weeks ago, no lift, I have a Zone level that I will put on, but I like the LCG.

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jks kit looks good. A pain to cut the crash bars off but cleans everything up and makes clearance. I used cordless milwaukee mini reciprocating saw and about 4 blades. Other pic is clearance in the rear. I haven't fully tested tire stuff but looks like it might hit.

20220719_185546.jpg

20220719_185928.jpg

20220719_185922.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Milestars tend to run more true to size, your going to be stuffing some big rubber. what offset or wheel spacers are you going to try first?
stock 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably Monday I will start this project. The start will be just put the one I mounted on my spare wheel on and seeing room I have just to give me a start and idea plus show others. We all know it will rub on the front and back crash bar. We also know the front will bottom out based off me terrace row jumping I did with the 37 and the front rubbed but not the rear. That’s why later I plan to put the 1.5in lift up front and only 1 in the rear. In the rear at a minimum I should have some rubbing on the bottom center plastics being they were so close on the 37s. I would like to fix all the spots before I lift that way I know it will have that much more room when lifted. Still looking for a second set of Sasquatch wheels for these tires also.

Sponsored

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't wait to see the results! Your build has helped push me over the edge. I've only got 200 miles on mine, but I have a Zone 2" lift sitting in the garage and got Discount Tire to price match a smoking deal on 37x12.50 Geolandar MT 003s. I'll be using stock sasquatch wheels with 0.75" spacers to hopefully avoid the need for the JKS clearance kit.

Any plans to reinforce the tailgate for your spare?

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't wait to see the results! Your build has helped push me over the edge. I've only got 200 miles on mine, but I have a Zone 2" lift sitting in the garage and got Discount Tire to price match a smoking deal on 37x12.50 Geolandar MT 003s. I'll be using stock sasquatch wheels with 0.75" spacers to hopefully avoid the need for the JKS clearance kit.

Any plans to reinforce the tailgate for your spare?
Stock Sasquatch wheels? If so you will need 1/4in spacers and a few other small thing. I guessing you are talking about my old build but just to be safe this is it. Those 37s are bigger than mine so that 1/4in spacer will make a big difference. Post pics on my old build if you don't mine with a few details I'm sure it will help the next person.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...asquatch-badlands-no-lift-build-thread.26479/

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stock Sasquatch wheels? If so you will need 1/4in spacers and a few other small thing. I guessing you are talking about my old build but just to be safe this is it. Those 37s are bigger than mine so that 1/4in spacer will make a big difference. Post pics on my old build if you don't mine with a few details I'm sure it will help the next person.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...asquatch-badlands-no-lift-build-thread.26479/
Yeah, sasquatch wheels. Going to try the 0.75" spacers and then move down to 0.25" if need be. My build is kind of a mix between your initial and future build as I also have the zone 2" lift but with the slightly larger 37s. I'll definitely post up the results!

What method are you planning for removing the front struts when installing the lift?

I'm debating between following the zone instructions or dropping the swaybar assembly and lower control arm.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been suggesting the lower control arm method just to avoid possible issues with CV axle stripped threads. Was pretty easy to put the a arm back in with a rolling jack.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgv
OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, sasquatch wheels. Going to try the 0.75" spacers and then move down to 0.25" if need be. My build is kind of a mix between your initial and future build as I also have the zone 2" lift but with the slightly larger 37s. I'll definitely post up the results!

What method are you planning for removing the front struts when installing the lift?

I'm debating between following the zone instructions or dropping the swaybar assembly and lower control arm.
I really have no idea at this point.
Sponsored