Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' F150, 07' Audi A8, Model T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fantastic write up and progress reports! Much appreciated!

Planning on going a similar route however I was thinking of a body lift instead of suspension lift. Seems the spacing and clearencing front and rear crash bars is main rub concern. I will do the JKS front bar delete and grinding on rr bar mont as you have. Can you see any problems going that route? (my rig is BL SAS)

Also question on wheels. I was planning on finding a fresh set of factory SAS wheels to use but Discount Tire says the 13.5 won't fit the factory wheels. See any issues with the factory wheels (w/spacer) or would aftermarket 9.5in wide (w/correct offset) be a better fit for that tire?

Again, many thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Planning on going a similar route however I was thinking of a body lift instead of suspension lift. Seems the spacing and clearencing front and rear crash bars is main rub concern. I will do the JKS front bar delete and grinding on rr bar mont as you have. Can you see any problems going that route? (my rig is BL SAS)

Also question on wheels. I was planning on finding a fresh set of factory SAS wheels to use but Discount Tire says the 13.5 won't fit the factory wheels. See any issues with the factory wheels (w/spacer) or would aftermarket 9.5in wide (w/correct offset) be a better fit for that tire?

Again, many thanks!
At full lock you may rub the frame a little more than I did. I pointed out that I rubbed the frame on the front tire on the back side. Besides that I think you will have more clearance then me but thats just a guess. When I say clearance I'm talking tire you will have less frame clearance from the ground.

Not sure what tire you are looking at but the Patagonia calls for a 8.5-11in and stock Sasquatch wheels are 8.5in wide.

https://milestartires.com/light-tru...Gof0QFC-AE61D7Wm_2pNl-mrFIBjG9wgaArWcEALw_wcB

Aftermarket wheels is just if you want that look over stock.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know I have been all about fitting the 38s but this is also my build thread so Wall Mound door holder.

I added these about 2 months ago but wasn't happy with the lengths of the pins I reached out to the guy sent him pics and showed him they would be way better if they were 3/16s longer. He agreed and sent me new pins said he would send out new pins to the old buyers and going forward they would be longer.

First off they work great. Second that was great customer service. Plus he wasn't the guy to just blow me off he looked agreed and made them better. Yes they are stupid high but in my case I will have a set of doors on them year round being my tube doors will go on them in the winter.

((((The doors are long and take up a huge area so I would double check that your wall is big enough))))

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1191910230/wall-mount-for-ford-bronco-doors-2021-to

13E8A708-917A-4792-9FC3-77CBDD406C13.jpeg
71FFB264-EA51-402E-91B9-CBF9888C71E7.jpeg
BC89D363-D36B-470C-BC1D-CABD71B90DE4.jpeg
Looks great. Is the price for all 4 doors or do you have to buy 2?

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door you have to buy 2. Like I said its stupid high I just really hated the room the doors were taking up and being I had tube doors and they were going to be taking up that same amount of room and this doesn't feel like it takes up any room. For me it was worth the money.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, many thanks!
Wheel response only.
I got a lot of varying feedback on recommended wheel widths. Some say it's not a big deal. And some say if you are gonna drive at highway speed, you should definitely stay within the recommendation.

Between spacers being a weak link and too narrow wheels having some risk, I think the list is adding to go with wider wheels with the right offset.

I went with 9.5" wide wheels for my 13.5 tires. Then I was able to get the exact offset I wanted, which in my case was +12. But this is just another can of worms. All the different wheel patterns and finishes. I got so fed up, I just got the closest spoke pattern I could live with and had them powder coated.

In the end, I'm happy. I don't have any rub nor any extra poke. They look good. And I beat the shit out of them on occasion without concern.

Sponsored

BroncoZ13

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't wait to see the results! Your build has helped push me over the edge. I've only got 200 miles on mine, but I have a Zone 2" lift sitting in the garage and got Discount Tire to price match a smoking deal on 37x12.50 Geolandar MT 003s. I'll be using stock sasquatch wheels with 0.75" spacers to hopefully avoid the need for the JKS clearance kit.

Any plans to reinforce the tailgate for your spare?
Hey CGV, did you install your level and 37” Yokos? This is the exact set up I want to do to my Badlands SAS and love those tires. Had 35” G003 on my F150 and a fantastic tire, especially for the price. Thanks in advance and would love to see some pics!

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey CGV, did you install your level and 37” Yokos? This is the exact set up I want to do to my Badlands SAS and love those tires. Had 35” G003 on my F150 and a fantastic tire, especially for the price. Thanks in advance and would love to see some pics!
I've got the 37s on. Lift waiting in the garage until my 0.75" wheel spacers and broncbuster bushing gets here (hopefully by this weekend!). Also installing JKS/Zone tie rod braces. I'll post a build thread at that point.

Like the OP, I'll only be installing the top spacers and not the perch spacer as I don't really feel it's necessary. While the fenders will be more level, I think the frame will have some reverse rake with that extra spacer. I personally like the forward rake look and that's what I'm used to having owned 4 different Xterras.

37 Yokos are fine on stock wheels on the street except they rub on full lock.

FYI, Tirebuyer has the Yokos listed for only $356/tire. I got my preferred tire shop to price match.

Ford Bronco 38x13.5r17 Patagonia M/T Sasquatch Badlands 2in Lift/Build Thread Round 2 PXL_20220816_183422313

Sorry for the hijack OP.

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got the 37s on. Lift waiting in the garage until my 0.75" wheel spacers and broncbuster bushing gets here (hopefully by this weekend!). Also installing JKS/Zone tie rod braces. I'll post a build thread at that point.

Like the OP, I'll only be installing the top spacers and not the perch spacer as I don't really feel it's necessary. While the fenders will be more level, I think the frame will have some reverse rake with that extra spacer. I personally like the forward rake look and that's what I'm used to having owned 4 different Xterras.

FYI, Tirebuyer has the Yokos listed for only $356/tire. I got my preferred tire shop to price match.

Ford Bronco 38x13.5r17 Patagonia M/T Sasquatch Badlands 2in Lift/Build Thread Round 2 PXL_20220816_183422313

Sorry for the hijack OP.
Love the Yoko, They were my second choice. I went Mickey Thompson Baja A/T.

Ford Bronco 38x13.5r17 Patagonia M/T Sasquatch Badlands 2in Lift/Build Thread Round 2 680E5A03-3B26-4616-B3D1-310EF3F5C3BD

BroncoZ13

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PXL_20220816_183422313.jpg

Sorry for the hijack OP.
Thanks CGV, that looks awesome and those 37” Yokos look massive!! I think that will be my set up with a 1-1.25” front level kit.

running 17x8.5 KMC wheels with a +18 offset, so think I should be good. The 35x12.5 Nittos have now have a ton of room.

sorry OP, but appreciate all the info as this has helped me with some decisions on rig. Thanks again!

Ford Bronco 38x13.5r17 Patagonia M/T Sasquatch Badlands 2in Lift/Build Thread Round 2 0AD9E1A9-70FC-4A1A-9964-DC765C6A2C25

Ford Bronco 38x13.5r17 Patagonia M/T Sasquatch Badlands 2in Lift/Build Thread Round 2 933207ED-BD3D-4C04-A28A-B37617C2081A

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought a new trailer to tow the Bronco to Moab next summer. Little test fitting. The dang thing barely fits. Added me a tool box after test fitting.
Ford Bronco 38x13.5r17 Patagonia M/T Sasquatch Badlands 2in Lift/Build Thread Round 2 BA749325-D611-484D-9FEA-7685442C2684

Ford Bronco 38x13.5r17 Patagonia M/T Sasquatch Badlands 2in Lift/Build Thread Round 2 239130F0-6E8F-415F-BF1F-4A76031F353A

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope to start back working on my build in the next few weeks. Got my new tag in yesterday.
Ford Bronco 38x13.5r17 Patagonia M/T Sasquatch Badlands 2in Lift/Build Thread Round 2 49AB461E-C845-4B21-9A44-483F71CBBEBE
Ford Bronco 38x13.5r17 Patagonia M/T Sasquatch Badlands 2in Lift/Build Thread Round 2 30894999-9BA7-451C-B0EE-108B42F5AE11

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, Plans moving forward and what I have and what is still on the way.

Belly Skid with UHMW (Have had this on order for like 4 months they say I'm weeks out now)
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/...725-2021/products/bronco-aluminum-belly-skids

I will be Cerakoting these 2 items
Rear Diff Skid (Have this)
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/products/bronco-pinion-and-diff-skid

Rear shock skid plates (My brace is already bent this is a must in my opinion being the first trip out I bent the brace that holds the shock)
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/products/bronco-rear-shock-skids

RC Hidden winch with 12k winch. Yes 2.7 motor
https://www.roughcountry.com/hidden...nd=2021-ford-bronco-4wd-784415&sid=MyrlO2QWFs

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, Plans moving forward and what I have and what is still on the way.

Belly Skid with UHMW (Have had this on order for like 4 months they say I'm weeks out now)
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/...725-2021/products/bronco-aluminum-belly-skids

I will be Cerakoting these 2 items
Rear Diff Skid (Have this)
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/products/bronco-pinion-and-diff-skid

Rear shock skid plates (My brace is already bent this is a must in my opinion being the first trip out I bent the brace that holds the shock)
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/products/bronco-rear-shock-skids

RC Hidden winch with 12k winch. Yes 2.7 motor
https://www.roughcountry.com/hidden...nd=2021-ford-bronco-4wd-784415&sid=MyrlO2QWFs
nice skids. I've been looking at those, too. can't wait to hear about them

i'm in the middle of installing the RC high mount and comeup 9.5 slim winch.
Sponsored