Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Any updates on the updated shocks/springs you mentioned you were doing?
Sponsored

jeffac

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi,
Thanks for the cool pics showing your work. Really nice! I know you mentioned that you didn’t notice much in the gearing but I didn’t see whether it robs much horsepower. I love the bit of power this thing has and don’t want to lose much.
Also, do you think the 39” tires would work with the stock wheel offset and an RPG 1-1/2” front, 2.25 rear collar set?
Your rig looks awesome with what you’ve done. I’m just mainly trying to get some more clearance through rocks and snow. Thanks!

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hi,
Thanks for the cool pics showing your work. Really nice! I know you mentioned that you didn’t notice much in the gearing but I didn’t see whether it robs much horsepower. I love the bit of power this thing has and don’t want to lose much.
Also, do you think the 39” tires would work with the stock wheel offset and an RPG 1-1/2” front, 2.25 rear collar set?
Your rig looks awesome with what you’ve done. I’m just mainly trying to get some more clearance through rocks and snow. Thanks!
Im running 39s and dont notice a loss in power. In fact, because I went with significantly lighter wheels than stock, moving to the 39s had minimal overall tire/wheel weight change. With 1.5 front and 2.25 collars, im running a +18 offset and have no issues. I realize this still sits out a little more than the stock wheel, but its a closer comparison than a 0 offset.

063106B5-DA28-4E7E-BB59-84C0732FB9A6.jpeg

jeffac

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The, thank you! Your rig looks really cool with 39’s BTW.

Turbo yzel

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can you elaborate on the ride quality?
“Ride like crap” as in more stiff?
small bump compliance?
only on road? off road?

I’m planning on doing the 3” kit with 40’s
Steering components and upgraded diff

will it possibly damage the shock or throw like check engine light for the suspension system

I don’t mind the ride quality coming from a lowered racecar, and I drive a dump truck all day for work

I just wanted max ground clearance for tougher rates trails, and to get out of any trouble spots

Sponsored

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can you elaborate on the ride quality?
“Ride like crap” as in more stiff?
small bump compliance?
only on road? off road?

I’m planning on doing the 3” kit with 40’s
Steering components and upgraded diff

will it possibly damage the shock or throw like check engine light for the suspension system

I don’t mind the ride quality coming from a lowered racecar, and I drive a dump truck all day for work

I just wanted max ground clearance for tougher rates trails, and to get out of any trouble spots
You’ll be okay with the 3” collar although you don’t need a 3” collar to fit a 39” bfg. you will notice a little bit of a stiffer ride, with the 3” collar. The difference between the 2.25” collar and 3” collar is 3/8” in collar height. Just have someone reset the ride height on your braptor after you install your collars otherwise your shocks believe they have travel that they don’t. The recalibration can be done with forescan

just noticed you mentioned 40s, for sure use the 3” collar

Last edited:

Turbo yzel

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the info about forscan.
I don’t have one but we have a huge snap on scanner that can do a crap ton of stuff
Thanks for the heads up

I know a lot of these questions are repetitive
But coming from race car forums,
The more stuff you can find in the search bar for info
The better
Sponsored