Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
beeeeeeefy!!!!

im curious about the height of the 39 ko2 vs a 38" nitto, how hard will it be to make enough clreance for the tire to turn a few degrees at fulll compression?

the 37 k02 are much closer to a 36" tire so I do see the need to upgrade to help fill out the massive wheel wells. Thanks for the ride quality feedback with the collars, there is a lot of misinformation out there about them making the ride uncomfortable...

excited to hear more about your fox live value shocks for the rear, I would think the gen2/3 raptor shocks may bolt up to the front?

did the extra weight have any negative effect on off the line accerlarion?
Sponsored

OP
OP

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor 1972 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I assume the spare weighs 110lbs +, any issues with the swing gate shock thus far?
No not yet, I didn't do a official weight comparison but it didn't feel too much heavier than the stock one did.

OP
OP

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It wasn't built for sema it was borrowed by a company for sema. This thing will be used.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@TheBraptor Did you measure the overall height? Is your garage the standard 80”? Thinking of going with Foutz 2/1 kit and 39’s but afraid it won’t fit I’m my garage.
I have not but it does fit in my garage and I think after looking at it, it will fit with the roof rack on as well.

OP
OP

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
beeeeeeefy!!!!

im curious about the height of the 39 ko2 vs a 38" nitto, how hard will it be to make enough clreance for the tire to turn a few degrees at fulll compression?

the 37 k02 are much closer to a 36" tire so I do see the need to upgrade to help fill out the massive wheel wells. Thanks for the ride quality feedback with the collars, there is a lot of misinformation out there about them making the ride uncomfortable...

excited to hear more about your fox live value shocks for the rear, I would think the gen2/3 raptor shocks may bolt up to the front?

did the extra weight have any negative effect on off the line accerlarion?

I did not notice much of a power difference. You can see a lunch here.

https://www.instagram.com/ogwillyp7/reels/

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
On the wheels. Did you have any/all of this drama with the inserts and fasteners noted in this review? It was surprising and depressing...

Reactions: jon
OP
OP

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
On the wheels. Did you have any/all of this drama with the inserts and fasteners noted in this review? It was surprising and depressing...

I did not have those issues. I only had issues with bead and had to use a lot more soapy water to get the bead to move flat and ring to seat. Which is normal sometimes. This is my third set of desert grenades.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I did not have those issues. I only had issues with bead and had to use a lot more soapy water to get the bead to move flat and ring to seat. Which is normal sometimes. This is my third set of desert grenades.
Thanks, can you please clarify:

1. You removed he steel/stainless inserts in the wheel before power coating? They were/were not loctited in? They came out easy? Did you loctite on reinstalling them?
2. You had no issues with a differing bolt circle on the rim and lock ring leading to sockets not fitting the counterbores for the ring bolts?

OP
OP

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks, can you please clarify:

1. You removed he steel/stainless inserts in the wheel before power coating? They were/were not loctited in? They came out easy? Did you loctite on reinstalling them?
2. You had no issues with a differing bolt circle on the rim and lock ring leading to sockets not fitting the counterbores for the ring bolts?
1. I did not remove them before powder coating. I checked them while installing and they were all seated and none sticking above the wheel.

2. I have never had issues with a socket not fitting. I am assuming that if he in the video had issues with socket not fitting he was using an impact socket or they sprayed the powder too thick. I have mounted a lot of KMC deadlock wheels and have never had this issue.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@TheBraptor Do you feel only using the 1.5 in the front would work to level the vehicle? or would I end up with a carolina squat...

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@TheBraptor I think I’m going to go with the 1.5 both front and rear which according to your other posts would leave me with 1/4 inch of rake which is good for me.

1. Seems like the BFG 39 would fit with 1.5” all around yes?

2. I have RTR 17x9 +18 do you suspect and clearance issues? How close are you to the UCA, sway bar etc.

Thanks for all of your help btw
Sponsored

Last edited: