JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Admiring @BroncoUnicorn nice work prompted a question about a 3rd row seat add. I thought it would be a useful thread for future searches.

(2) Ford cargo security drawer installed in a 2-door Bronco with rear seat delete | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Made me think of strictly the dimensions involved so I took the 4D rear cargo and and EB rear seat to see if it was possible. Well, yes, with only about 6-7 inches for foot/leg room it would be tight, but possible - all safety implications and considerations aside. The cool thing about an EB rear seat is that it is deck mounted so the application would be similar.

Ford Bronco 3rd Row Seating 4D 2021 Cargo DIm
Ford Bronco 3rd Row Seating EB Rear Seat DIM

Disclaimer: The poster does not endorse or advocate this modification. :)
Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’d love for this to replace the 2 seats in the back of my 2Dr when it arrives!

HypebeastDad

Base
First Name
Tarikh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Town and country
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m trying to figure this out for a 4door base bronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't call it a popular mod, but several have added a 3rd row seat on the Wrangler JK and JL. I believe you can even buy an aftermarket kit.

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m so interested in this. I have 4 kids!
I added a third row seat in my FJ, so this would be great.

Anyone have pictures of the undercarriage from the back. That was the biggest challenge, making sure not to drill through anything important 😅

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I just measured my wife's 2016 explorer third row, the seats are 39.5"-ish installed width. With some custom seat brackets. They would fit beautifully. Plus if you are handy enough, you could even maintain the folding capabilities. I'm only 5'10"ish but, I fit in the third row comfortably. So even if the leg room was less than stellar, I'm sure some sub 5' kids would be perfectly fine. Keep in mind though, DOT approval is not existing. But, from when I asked a DOT officer about this very subject years ago. A bolted down seat, roll over protection, and 3pt seat belts anchored to structural points of the body, Is sufficient. Keep in mind, this would be at your own risk. The design of the body may have that area calculated as a crumple zone. But being a BOF design, I wouldn't worry too much. Besides, odds are, getting rear ended would likely be a car driving under the rear bumper. Or if it is a larger vehicle, it's a steel frame and the load would be on that first during an accident.
So maybe, a beefy bumper, sandwiched 12-14ga plates for the seat bolts and belt anchor points.

Just in case....
**I am a technician with engineering and fabrication experience. Only offering advice or consulting ideas. I cannot be held responsible for any injuries caused by modifications or lack of due diligence by the owner/operator of the vehicle to provide occupant safety. **

I could list all the information needed to calculate the safety factor. But it's a long list, and pretty doubtful anybody has it available, along with simulation software to test it lol.
Sponsored