Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@goatman

While I agree with your question, keep in mind that for the masses and new-to-off-roading members, they won’t know the difference between lifting a vehicle for looks vs. performance which I too had to learn the hard way by taking my then IFS lifted truck on the Rubicon and shattering both CV’s (driver and passenger) after being dropped out and bound up.

This is essentially a coil spacer/A-arm kit utilizing the majority of the factory components without any attention given to long term durability or performance which is why I’m not a fan of any IFS lift kit since millions are spent in R&D by the OEM to achieve optimum working angles throughout the entire range of suspension cycling. However, as you probably know this is also the difference between a $1300 bolt on kit and a $50k full-on custom long arm IFS suspension (below).

In time I would expect that there will be other companies coming to market with a decent compromise that will address the real complexities of IFS and balancing that with durability and performance similar to what the Raptor guys have available to them currently, but the Bronco is a new platform so it won’t happen over night.

1632152029076.jpeg
Good post.
I too have had issue with CV breakage due to binding ( mod'd 5th Gen 4Runner -33s)..I've learned since then just because a coil over can reach a certain ride height doesn't mean the CV angles can take it. I know better now. Also, after seeing the Fun Haver CV angles, worm clamp shift and grease leaking from the boot I am questioning what it will really take to get the Bronco on 37s with the ability to push it off road. I am fully prepared for less than normal CV boot billow and ball joint wear, but I've seen CV rigs drive less than 2000 miles and the boots get torn up due to extreme angles because they are out of the safe zone...which is normally less than 3 inches. The majority of the boot wear is driving on the highway. Drop bracket lift need not apply.
I understand mid/long arm kits as well as portal hubs and RCV axles might be the solve, but that is a lot more involved.
The 4WP kit with 37s is off my radar too. 4WP rep advised would be fine for fire roads, but wouldn't go into any further detail. Rep told me to stick to 35s for real off road work.
Sponsored

Last edited:

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@goatman

While I agree with your question, keep in mind that for the masses and new-to-off-roading members, they won’t know the difference between lifting a vehicle for looks vs. performance which I too had to learn the hard way by taking my then IFS lifted truck on the Rubicon and shattering both CV’s (driver and passenger) after being dropped out and bound up.

This is essentially a coil spacer/A-arm kit utilizing the majority of the factory components without any attention given to long term durability or performance which is why I’m not a fan of any IFS lift kit since millions are spent in R&D by the OEM to achieve optimum working angles throughout the entire range of suspension cycling. However, as you probably know this is also the difference between a $1300 bolt on kit and a $50k full-on custom long arm IFS suspension (below).

In time I would expect that there will be other companies coming to market with a decent compromise that will address the real complexities of IFS and balancing that with durability and performance similar to what the Raptor guys have available to them currently, but the Bronco is a new platform so it won’t happen over night.

1632152029076.jpeg
Understand. I'm not asking the forum, I'm asking the vendor. They either have tested and know, or they haven't. If they have, it's new info to add to our mental data base. BTW, I'm a tech inspector for Ultra4. 😊

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good post.
I too have had issue with CV breakage due to binding ( mod'd 5th Gen 4Runner -33s)..I've learned since then just because a coil over can reach a certain ride height doesn't mean the CV angles can take it. I know better now. Also, after seeing the Fun Haver CV angles, worm clamp shift and grease leaking from the boot I am questioning what it will really take to get the Bronco on 37s with the ability to push it off road. I am fully prepared for less than normal CV boot billow and ball joint wear, but I've seen CV rigs drive less than 2000 miles and the boots get torn up due to extreme angles because they are out of the safe zone...which is normally less than 3 inches. The majority of the boot wear is driving on the highway. Drop bracket lift need not apply.
I understand mid/long arm kits as well as portal hubs and RCV axles might be the solve, but that is a lot more involved.
The 4WP kit with 37s is off my radar too. 4WP rep advised would be fine for fire roads, but wouldn't go into any further detail. Rep told me to stick to 35s for real off road work.
Yep, there is a lot to be said about the Stock Sasquatch set up. It might not be the coolest looking ride height or fit another inch of tire, but it works pretty good on the trail and has had a great deal of R&D behind it. All while maintaining the factory & extended warranty ;)

Have at it Beta testers, there will a few of us waiting and watching this all get sorted :cool:

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 different kits available:
  • 4-Door Sasquatch
  • 2-Door Sasquatch
  • 4-Door non-SAS
  • 2-Door non-SAS

This lift kit adds about 2.8-2.9" to the Sasquatch package height (Sasquatch comes with 1.1" of lift from the factory) and almost 4” to non-SAS Broncos.
And for Badlands suspension...???
(Badlands being far closer to SAS than non-SAS)

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Right. So what do the axles look like at full droop? (not like there's much with IFS, but still)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maxlider Brothers Customs

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Understand. I'm not asking the forum, I'm asking the vendor. They either have tested and know, or they haven't. If they have, it's new info to add to our mental data base. BTW, I'm a tech inspector for Ultra4. 😊
On your original question about the CV being maxed-out….

No it is not maxed-out between full compression and full droop. Actually, the droop amount is the same as the 2” kit that Zone sells.

With that said, this is a $1,299 (including shipping) kit and it has NOT been battle-tested in extreme conditions over an extended period of time to determine the limitations of the product. That should happen more in the future.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this a lift/level kit?

This is a leveling kit using spacers to compress you shock into giving you the height. With a real suspension lift kit, you change the the spring or the coil over and/or shock, the spring is longer and harder to push up on the assembly/body parts to give you the height. ( like OMEs ( Old Man EMU ) ) In general a suspension lift is preferable to a leveling/spacer lift , since changing the suspension components to fit together is better than to use components that are not designed to have that kind of stress put on them.

But somehow i think you know all of this , lol

OP
OP

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a leveling kit using spacers to compress you shock into giving you the height. With a real suspension lift kit, you change the the spring or the coil over and/or shock, the spring is longer and harder to push up on the assembly/body parts to give you the height. ( like OMEs ( Old Man EMU ) ) In general a suspension lift is preferable to a leveling/spacer lift , since changing the suspension components to fit together is better than to use components that are not designed to have that kind of stress put on them.

But somehow i think you know all of this , lol
….and the Stage-2 kit is coming!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a leveling kit using spacers to compress you shock into giving you the height.
The coilover spring is only compressed when it isn't installed on the vehicle (fully extended). This is mostly irrelevant. When installed, the spring is exactly the same length since the spring rate hasn't changed. This is called preload and is set to a fixed position in the stage1 BDS kit. In the fancy king/fox coilovers the preload is adjustable and spring length is probably optimized for 2" lift or so.

This stage1 kit is for early adopters (or budget-minded). It modifies the sasquatch coilovers to approximate the fox/king coilover travel and bump stop specs for no-rub 37" application (with non-adjustable ride height). When the 37-capable coilovers are available, the modified sasquatch coilover can be removed and replaced.

Sponsored

AM1217

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 115 Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since we're all still learning about what can be done to our Broncos, it would be good to know what testing you did to assure that the stock CV axles are ok with 4" of lift. Do you have any info on the limits? Thanks.
It looks to me no testing, Like 4 wheel parts put hours into there testing beating it up till they came out with what they have now.
Just a picture that doesn't show their arm and the comment looks good to me. Webb site not showing before or after. All 4 door pics all 37 tires. you would think at least some pics with tire off to see it front and rear. If you just want a lift and not a lot of performance off-road this kit looks like a decent deal. I would like to see a lot of YouTube videos with them testing it.
As of now 4 wheel parts has the only proven suspension out so far that I have seen. Other companies are in the works for different kits.
Loren Healy racing is making and fully testing his product. He also has been testing the ford ranger suspension with 37 tires before the bronco was released. Here is his Webb site.

https://www.fun-haver.com/pages/fun-haver-bronco

I'm waiting for his suspension to be finalized. You can off-Road with 37 with his product. You can see Loren testing his Bronco here.

This is just my opinion. It is all about how you plan to use your Bronco. I would rather have 35 inch tires and more travel for desert driving.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 Ford Bronco Lift Kit provides 4” of total lift to your Bronco - LIMITED SUPPLY

$1,299 and FREE SHIPPING!!! (Inside the Continental U.S.)

CLICK TO BUY LIFT KIT
FYI, there is a mismatch between the kit photos and the kit descriptions. Perhaps the SAS and non-SAS versions are swapped (e.g. 4 vs 2 nylon spacers, 4 vs 2 preload collars)?

Also, congrats on the auction and sellout of 4dr kits.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On your original question about the CV being maxed-out….

No it is not maxed-out between full compression and full droop. Actually, the droop amount is the same as the 2” kit that Zone sells.

With that said, this is a $1,299 (including shipping) kit and it has NOT been battle-tested in extreme conditions over an extended period of time to determine the limitations of the product. That should happen more in the future.
And who will pay for CV damage due to no testing? It won’t be Ford. That leaves two possible answers, Maxlider Bros or the Bronco owner. Answer please.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And who will pay for CV damage due to no testing? It won’t be Ford. That leaves two possible answers, Maxlider Bros or the Bronco owner. Answer please.
Are you considering buying it?

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2021 Ford Bronco Lift Kit provides 4” of total lift to your Bronco - LIMITED SUPPLY

$1,299 and FREE SHIPPING!!! (Inside the Continental U.S.)

CLICK TO BUY LIFT KIT

STAGE-1 KIT - Premium performance 4” Maxlider Bros suspension lift kit made by @BDS Suspension .

4 different kits available:
  • 4-Door Sasquatch
  • 2-Door Sasquatch
  • 4-Door non-SAS
  • 2-Door non-SAS

This lift kit adds about 2.8-2.9" to the Sasquatch package height (Sasquatch comes with 1.1" of lift from the factory) and almost 4” to non-SAS Broncos.

Kit includes:
  • 2 - BDS Suspension upper control arms (left & right)
  • 2 - front upper strut spacers
  • 2 - rear upper strut spacers
  • 2 - 3/8" rear upper strut spacer
  • 2 - front preload spacers
  • 2 - front bump stop extensions
  • 1 - hardware package (includes bolts, washers, & nuts)
Notes:

This kit will allow you to use up to 37x12.5" tires on a 9" wide wheel with up to -12 offset.

Stage-1 kit is fully compatible with our upcoming Stage-2 kit featuring Fox Coilover shocks on all four corners. Click HERE to be added to our mailing list to get notified when we add new parts for the 2021 Ford Bronco!

Ships within 2-3 business days

Ford Bronco 4” MaxliderBros Stage-1 Lift Kit AVAILABLE! FourHorses 2 FE-2

Updated with photos of 4" lift kit installed:

From threads:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/37x12-5x17’s-on-our-4”-lift-kit-with-12-offset.21528/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tribute-to-the-2019-sema-top-12-bronco.20478/

Is there anyway to just buy some of the rims you use on some of your vehicles ?
Sponsored