Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Infinity always sound a little high pitched to me… so cutting out the mid bass range would definitely hurt them. Only my opinion though.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Infinity always sound a little high pitched to me… so cutting out the mid bass range would definitely hurt them. Only my opinion though.
I must say, I just installed the 600hz Bass Blockers from Crutchfield on the Infinity Ref this morning and they sound INCREDIBLE. Evened out the sound and plenty of bass. Only got to the dash - but, what a difference.

OP
OP
Portapot

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I must say, I just installed the 600hz Bass Blockers from Crutchfield on the Infinity Ref this morning and they sound INCREDIBLE. Evened out the sound and plenty of bass. Only got to the dash - but, what a difference.
Yeah mine did too until I Installed the infinity kappa 6.5”s then I lost a lot of bass and they sounded to pitchy. But hey it’s just one man’s opinion. I think the fact the factory is not a coaxial it drives more bass than the coax kappa…. But I’m not an expert . The bass blockers on the 4” speakers helped a lot. Matter of preference on how much you want to block. I wonder if I should block some of the higher frequencies to the kappas if that’s even possible?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Portapot - interesting. Don’t plan on touching the 6.5” at this point. I’m happy with where it’s at. I’m not willing to lose cargo space for a sub. So, dialing in settings with the current setup.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Portapot - interesting. Don’t plan on touching the 6.5” at this point. I’m happy with where it’s at. I’m not willing to lose cargo space for a sub. So, dialing in settings with the current setup.
Cargo area is certainly a premium in these... How about under the seat? The Kicker 46HS10 is really small for what it is.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cargo area is certainly a premium in these... How about under the seat? The Kicker 46HS10 is really small for what it is.
I’m just going to ignore this idea/post.

WARPIG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 17 F350, 05 Jeep LJ, 06 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ordered Kicker 2 way 3.5 inch. I'm splicing. Im not waiting around for 5 different connectors, 4 of which wont work.
besides I ordered a Bad Lands, and I'm driving a Big Bend. Once my BL comes in, I'll know what works.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have seen that photographer before!
en_bigfoot_free.jpg

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Haha. I was just referring to finally being happy with the outcome...then being tempted to spend more $$$. I really am happy with the current setup. Of course, it can get better. But, I have a few more mods that are priority before spending more on sound system. Bookmarked for sure!

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pin is 1mm wide and .62mm thick. I'm sure there are some premade terminated wires available but that would add a little $ and require some soldering or butt connections. Still need to put some heat shrink on but it's ready to go.

Ford Bronco 4” Speaker Harness Pics en_bigfoot_free
Sweet! I'll take four.

Ford Bronco 4” Speaker Harness Pics money-money-money-make-it-rain

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah mine did too until I Installed the infinity kappa 6.5”s then I lost a lot of bass and they sounded to pitchy. But hey it’s just one man’s opinion. I think the fact the factory is not a coaxial it drives more bass than the coax kappa…. But I’m not an expert . The bass blockers on the 4” speakers helped a lot. Matter of preference on how much you want to block. I wonder if I should block some of the higher frequencies to the kappas if that’s even possible?
I'm still waiting on my BD to bust out of the corral, but I've picked up a full set of Rockford Fosgate Primes (seem to be a great bang-to-buck ratio with those from what I've seen) which all have built-in crossovers, so I'm curious how much (if any) benefit that will have regarding the need for bass blockers. They'll still be getting the full frequency range, but hopefully it will be much better optimized and keep any distortion to a minimum.

Just need to figure out what to do about connecting those pesky 4-inchers… I greatly prefer a plug-n-play adapter if at all possible. (Or by simply bribing @flip to do the DIY method properly.)

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still waiting on my BD to bust out of the corral, but I've picked up a full set of Rockford Fosgate Primes (seem to be a great bang-to-buck ratio with those from what I've seen) which all have built-in crossovers, so I'm curious how much (if any) benefit that will have regarding the need for bass blockers. They'll still be getting the full frequency range, but hopefully it will be much better optimized and keep any distortion to a minimum.

Just need to figure out what to do about connecting those pesky 4-inchers… I greatly prefer a plug-n-play adapter if at all possible. (Or by simply bribing @flip to do the DIY method properly.)
I am hoping to just use positaps behind the factory plug, hopefully there is enough space there. What's the gauge of the wiring? I like the idea of having a pigtail though, so I may yet order the molex connectors, I just don't want to own another crimper that I'll use once.

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am hoping to just use positaps behind the factory plug, hopefully there is enough space there. What's the gauge of the wiring? I like the idea of having a pigtail though, so I may yet order the molex connectors, I just don't want to own another crimper that I'll use once.
Not sure on the gauge, but I was looking into exactly this just this afternoon, as a matter of fact. I'm leaning towards going this route myself. Seems to be the least intrusive/destructive method until a ready-made harness adapter is available. Just tap the bass blockers in behind the factory harness, then once a proper adapter is available, change out the connections. Voila!
Sponsored