Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's a great looking setup you've got going on, I think I might've actually seen your Bronco on the road before too.

If I had a roof rack like yours I'd go with a similar mounting spot to that. Maybe even the 8 gallon tank just for that extra capacity. Do you have any issues with the waterport sitting in the sun all day? That was my biggest concern with their tanks
I've been all over Cali and Nevada, so there's a good chance it was me if you're in the SW somewhere.

I originally bought the 8 gallon Weekender but my 2 door roof line was too short for the tank, so after months of tampering, I ended up swapping for the 4 gallon. The kind folks at Klymit were nice enough to help me out and I ended up with a ton of credit, which I ended up spending on folding tables, a touchless shower nozzle, etc etc.

The Waterport is built extremely tough, and the only thing the sun does to it is heat the water up a little. In the colder months, I drop an immersion heater in there and heat the water up a little, close it up and use my tire inflator to pressurize it. This thing will outlast me, they way it's built.

If you do start shopping for a roof rack, I highly recommend this @TrailRax roof rack. It is solid and so versatile. I even got some slats(not from Trailrax) to store 2 folding tables under the roof top tent.
Ford Bronco 4.5 Gallon Water Tank Review (Hitch/Roof Rack Mounted) 1711669936664-6z

1711670016168-uw.png
Sponsored

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; 2019 Ducati Panigale 959; 2012 Focus;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been all over Cali and Nevada, so there's a good chance it was me if you're in the SW somewhere.

I originally bought the 8 gallon Weekender but my 2 door roof line was too short for the tank, so after months of tampering, I ended up swapping for the 4 gallon. The kind folks at Klymit were nice enough to help me out and I ended up with a ton of credit, which I ended up spending on folding tables, a touchless shower nozzle, etc etc.

The Waterport is built extremely tough, and the only thing the sun does to it is heat the water up a little. In the colder months, I drop an immersion heater in there and heat the water up a little, close it up and use my tire inflator to pressurize it. This thing will outlast me, they way it's built.

If you do start shopping for a roof rack, I highly recommend this @TrailRax roof rack. It is solid and so versatile. I even got some slats(not from Trailrax) to store 2 folding tables under the roof top tent.
Ford Bronco 4.5 Gallon Water Tank Review (Hitch/Roof Rack Mounted) 1711670016168-uw

Ford Bronco 4.5 Gallon Water Tank Review (Hitch/Roof Rack Mounted) 1711670016168-uw
Which immersion heater are you using?

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Which immersion heater are you using?
https://a.co/d/i9cw23h

I'm using this one for several reasons:
*It is 1000W so my Bluetti 180AC can handle it
*It fits through the top of the Waterport
*I put silicon rings on the heating element toward the handle to limit how far it can go in, just in case
*I don't need boiling hot water, just hot enough for quick showers and getting grease off pots and pans

The first 2 were the most important, being able to power it, and being able to fit inside the Waterport opening.

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; 2019 Ducati Panigale 959; 2012 Focus;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://a.co/d/i9cw23h

I'm using this one for several reasons:
*It is 1000W so my Bluetti 180AC can handle it
*It fits through the top of the Waterport
*I put silicon rings on the heating element toward the handle to limit how far it can go in, just in case
*I don't need boiling hot water, just hot enough for quick showers and getting grease off pots and pans

The first 2 were the most important, being able to power it, and being able to fit inside the Waterport opening.
Thanks! My power station is only 600W, I'll need to find one.
Sponsored