Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you read the order guide for available gearing on the Badlands, there is a foot note specifying the 4.70 is only available with Sasquatch. Build & Price is not accurate. Also 4.70 gearing is stated to be available on every model because it is, but you have to get the Sasquatch Package in order to have it.

If you aren’t going past the Mid Package, the Black Diamond Sasquatch is a better choice. You don’t need the sway bar disconnect because you can do it manually and you don’t need the standard driveline equipment from the Badlands because you still get it all with the Sasquatch.

OP
OP
RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you read the order guide for available gearing on the Badlands, there is a foot note specifying the 4.70 is only available with Sasquatch. Build & Price is not accurate. Also 4.70 gearing is stated to be available on every model because it is, but you have to get the Sasquatch Package in order to have it.

If you aren’t going past the Mid Package, the Black Diamond Sasquatch is a better choice. You don’t need the sway bar disconnect because you can do it manually and you don’t need the standard driveline equipment from the Badlands because you still get it all with the Sasquatch.
Well if that’s the case, then my decision is 100% BD. I’m not going past Mid Package. I also didn’t realize you could do it manually either...?

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well if that’s the case, then my decision is 100% BD. I’m not going past Mid Package. I also didn’t realize you could do it manually either...?
Yup! You just need a couple wrenches and to climb under the Bronco every time to disconnect, but it’s not big deal. I swapped the sway bar links on my Jeep when I lifted it so I just pull a couple pins now and I’m done. Eventually disconnect kits that eliminate the need for wrenches will be available.

OP
OP
RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup! You just need a couple wrenches and to climb under the Bronco every time to disconnect, but it’s not big deal. I swapped the sway bar links on my Jeep when I lifted it so I just pull a couple pins now and I’m done. Eventually disconnect kits that eliminate the need for wrenches will be available.
And the for amount of time I will be going off-roading and needing to disconnect is slim. I wish I had better trails near NC. I’m jealous of all you Utah, Colorado peeps...

Sponsored
OP
OP
RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer just informed me that if it’s available in the build and price, then it’s good to go. So it now looks like 4.7 on stock 33s with a 2.7 Auto is fine. I still don’t truly believe him, but I can roll the dice and see what happens.

I did ask him if he thought it would be with an additional cost. He hasn’t responded. I wouldn’t be surprised if it did.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer just informed me that if it’s available in the build and price, then it’s good to go. So it now looks like 4.7 on stock 33s with a 2.7 Auto is fine. I still don’t truly believe him, but I can roll the dice and see what happens.

I did ask him if he thought it would be with an additional cost. He hasn’t responded. I wouldn’t be surprised if it did.
Did your dealer try and order it? Mine did and it's not available with the 2.3 or 2.7 auto unless it SQ. I don't know on the manual, as I was not interested in it. It also specifies in the order guide it is only available with SQ. I reviewed it and have a copy from Ford. I am all for it if it's available, just need to know how to order it!

OP
OP
RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did your dealer try and order it? Mine did and it's not available with the 2.3 or 2.7 auto unless it SQ. I don't know on the manual, as I was not interested in it. It also specifies in the order guide it is only available with SQ. I reviewed it and have a copy from Ford. I am all for it if it's available, just need to know how to order it!
I am trying to figure it out with the dealer through email. I’m in the same position as you. If it’s available in all about it too

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It IS in the order guide it’s one of the last pages buddy
But did you read the fine print on that page? Available only with Sasquatch package when going 2.7 auto.

OP
OP
RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But did you read the fine print on that page? Available only with Sasquatch package when going 2.7 auto.
Apparently I didn’t and he didn’t either ???‍♂
Can you take a screenshot and post it ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Officially confirmed what many of you already knew:

No you cannot get the 4.7 on the Badlands with the 2.7A without also getting the SAS. Looks like I’m getting what I initially wanted in the Black Diamond ????

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know all the ins and outs but this is on the accessories list under Ford Performance Parts
Ford Bronco 4.7 Locking Rear Axle Option 1611185334269

OP
OP
RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know all the ins and outs but this is on the accessories list under Ford Performance Parts
Ford Bronco 4.7 Locking Rear Axle Option 1611185334269
You’re right it is, but I’m not sure how that fits in with ordering ??‍♂

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re right it is, but I’m not sure how that fits in with ordering ??‍♂
I might mention during ordering I'm interested in upgrading after delivery and see what kinda prices they can get me

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like we need another Poll or Position ..... just saying.......
Sponsored