Sponsored

4.7 With Non Squatch BL? (Worth It, if i want 35's?)

ELJeffe77

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jefflenney.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All,

Fairly new to offroading - I'm likely getting a NON Squatched 4-Door Badlands, so I can get my own wheels and (better) 35" tires later.

Would I NEED to re-gear or get a bigger axle for 35s? Just curious if it's worth choosing the 4.7 out the door.

Sponsored

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you plan on putting 35" tires on in the future I would go ahead and get the 4.7 gears as it is a free option. I inititally was just going to get a Squatch Package for the 4.7 gears on a Badlands and now that I can get the gears without the Squatch Package I think I am going to go that route to save $2500 to put towards the wheels and tires I want.

OP
OP
ELJeffe77

ELJeffe77

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jefflenney.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you plan on putting 35" tires on in the future I would go ahead and get the 4.7 gears as it is a free option. I inititally was just going to get a Squatch Package for the 4.7 gears on a Badlands and now that I can get the gears without the Squatch Package I think I am going to go that route to save $2500 to put towards the wheels and tires I want.
So that’s gears not an axle. Sorry. Newbie lol. So that’ll help it drive quicker on 35s right? Thanks again

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So that’s gears not an axle. Sorry. Newbie lol. So that’ll help it drive quicker on 35s right? Thanks again
Same axle just different gears in the front and rear differential to make up for the larger diameter 35" tires. Gives the 35" tires the almost exactly the same final gear ratio as the 33" tires with the standard gears.

OP
OP
ELJeffe77

ELJeffe77

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jefflenney.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same axle just different gears in the front and rear differential to make up for the larger diameter 35" tires. Gives the 35" tires the almost exactly the same final gear ratio as the 33" tires with the standard gears.
Awesome, thanks! I def plan on getting wheels (Black Rhino Good, or are those too played out and everywhere?) and 35 RT's (since they seem to be quieter, and a good mix between ATs and MTs.

Sponsored

cuzimitalian

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so if I'm understanding you right, the 33's will be max tire size on stock gears? Sorry, gear ratio is not my forte.

OP
OP
ELJeffe77

ELJeffe77

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jefflenney.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so if I'm understanding you right, the 33's will be max tire size on stock gears? Sorry, gear ratio is not my forte.
Not mine either (OP here! lol), but from what I gather, you CAN put 35's on, you may just see a performance drop bc of the weight from the 35's vs the 33's

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking the same thing. Get BL non-SAS with V6 and 4.7 rear, get 35" rims/tires of my choice and then sell stock rims and tires to recoup. Plus BL has a better interior than the WT. With the savings on SAS, I can upgrade to the Lux package.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You would get just over 5% more mechanical advantage over the standard gearing for the Automatic V6 (at the cost of just over 5% higher RPM for a given speed). It will help, however someone would be hard pressed to tell the difference in the seat as far as performance. Not going to be a night and day difference. If it is a no cost option, I would go ahead and do it.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two big things with the badlands is it has the 4.7 front and rear. The other thing is the front axle is upgraded to the m210 that is a stronger axle. The m210 is what gets added as part of the sas on other lower trims and much more gooder for the larger 35's.

Sponsored

hoted

First Name
Hoted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
dang is it only free on the badlands? Adding it on the obx forces the squatch package

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome, thanks! I def plan on getting wheels (Black Rhino Good, or are those too played out and everywhere?) and 35 RT's (since they seem to be quieter, and a good mix between ATs and MTs.
The thing to remember about aftermarket wheels is that what you see on a forum isn’t the real world. You may have the same wheels as a lot of forum members but when you head to Target with your wife the chances of you running into somebody with the same wheels and tires is pretty low. So get what you like and who cares what’s ”played out” on message boards.

OP
OP
ELJeffe77

ELJeffe77

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jefflenney.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The thing to remember about aftermarket wheels is that what you see on a forum isn’t the real world. You may have the same wheels as a lot of forum members but when you head to Target with your wife the chances of you running into somebody with the same wheels and tires is pretty low. So get what you like and who cares what’s ”played out” on message boards.
lol cool. And no mall crawler for me, no sir! Weekend warrior :)
Sponsored