Sponsored

$4,838 ADM unreasonable on a Wildtrack Hardtop?

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I can tell you not all dealerships are being over the top with greed. I just got my wildtrak 4 door from Stephens Auto Center out of Danville and paid 1250 below invoice. Now I was a day one reservation holder like many other folks, but they do what they say they’re going to do and stick too it. I will say it that 5k over msrp isn’t horrible compared to a lot of the dealers but if you look around take a minute to research through the forums and do some leg work, I believe you can still get a better deal. It’s all about how much time and effort you want to put into that search. I’ll even save you some time, don’t look at any dealer in Florida lol. Jk Mullinax isn’t bad but I have seen some crazy admin adjustments at other upwards of 40k. Don’t believe me check out Labelle Ford, greedmongers is all I can say. Happy hunting…
Sponsored

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
5k extra on a 59k truck doesn’t seem so bad while so many dealers are tacking 20k onto 30k base models. I would rather pay 5k over and get something right now than place an order and wait to pay msrp, especially for the wildtrak which seems to include many of the constraints that are holding up builds. And it’s not just Broncos, the whole new and used car market is terrible right now. I’ve been hearing about Kia dealers charging 10k over on Tellurides and Mercedes dealers are tacking 30k onto those boxy looking G-class things.
This is spot on... My cousin had to search for a long time to find a Kia dealership who would ORDER a Telluride for him with an ADM of just $3k. Most dealers were at $5K+ (this was 6 months ago)... Now those dealers are pushing $5k-$10k on the Telluride. He spoke with dealers in multiple states as he tried to shop the best deal... $3k ADM was the best he could find

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

to the OP. NOTHING anyone writes on this forum regarding how much YOU pay for a vehicle you want matters. Including what I am about to write.

If you want a Bronco you have several options.

1. order one and pray it gets built then shipped and you can buy it. Time frame unknown.

2. find one you like and negotiate your best deal and then either buy it or not.

I waited 18 months before I got my 2 dr. I paid MSRP. I'm happy as can be.

I waited for a 4 dr. mannequin to become available at my dealership, negotiated and bought it. I paid a small ADM and Now my wife is happy as can be.

I ordered another Base Squatch/manual for the daughter. Arrival time frame unknown. She realizes it's a crap shoot.

At the end of the day it is your money. Life is short, Broncos are hard to find and buy reasonably. a 5K ADM on a wild track is a smoking deal ......in America.......today. But only you can decide which is the most important. Finally owning one, or looking at your bank account and feeling good about saving some money. If you don't buy it......it will be gone very soon. Good luck.

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is spot on... My cousin had to search for a long time to find a Kia dealership who would ORDER a Telluride for him with an ADM of just $3k. Most dealers were at $5K+ (this was 6 months ago)... Now those dealers are pushing $5k-$10k on the Telluride. He spoke with dealers in multiple states as he tried to shop the best deal... $3k ADM was the best he could find
I was shopping for a Telluride or Pallisade a month ago. ADM of 5-10K was the norm. Ended up buying something different with no ADM but "installed accessories" were mandatory. They asked just under 2K for these but cut it in half and upped my trade by $500 so it was not bad. Plus the value of my old truck was insane to begin with. Not a great time to be a buyer I guess.

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2009 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Reward poor dealer behavior but you have a Bronco.

I wouldn't pay it. I don't do business with dealers that ADM. That's just my personal rule.

Sponsored

wmw38

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reward poor dealer behavior but you have a Bronco.

I wouldn't pay it. I don't do business with dealers that ADM. That's just my personal rule.
Crain Ford in Arkansas adding over $16K in ADMs - they dont care.

scottfwalter

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hate paying over sticker. Heck, I hate even paying sticker. My dealer has a Wold track 4 door hardtop coming in I can get fro $4,838 over sticker. I am really mixed on it. Heck, the way inflation is going I should buy it and finance the whole amount…

Comments?

D.
A dealer here in the DFW is asking $25k over so thats a steal.

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If the Wildtrack is what you've had your eye on, then I'd do it.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With this chip shortage and blockade in Canada I don’t see how Ford is going to keep dealers from charging ADM, how else are they suppose to make money when they have no inventory? Dealers have no idea when they will get more inventory. Local Ford dealer hasn’t had more then 8 new cars at a time in over a year on their lot(currently has 6).

I will say I won’t pay ADM but with the circumstances we are in and you wanting a bronco I say go for it...just to clarify.
I thinks you bring up a good point that no one is considering. It's not just dirt/ice mountain for Broncos, but all the car companies have fields of vehicles waiting for microchips. Possible that the ADM is really just a "Stayin Alive" move? Crappy movie, but...

Sponsored

Area51Ma

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac srx4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep in mind ...ADM is negotiable.... offer them something under thier asking number... can't hurt ...

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You're just making the problem worse by paying ADM.
Sponsored