Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK, modern 4CYL vs modern 8CYL... 4CYL has about half as many parts to fail. Sign me up for the 4 cylinder. It'll make gobs of low end torque for what it is. Plenty enough. The 2.7 is plenty for those who want more.

For those who want an 8 cyl, than swap one in. Swap in a Coyote, or an LS, or what have you. I bet someone is already doing it. Do it yourself if you're so inclined, or pay someone to do it. There will be companies that will do it for you for $30k in a years time. Cruise to cars and coffee and show off what you paid someone else to do for you. Feel like A MAN next to your V8 Bronco with latte in hand. But I bet most people really just don't understand that the engine options are sufficient (or more) than most everybody. I bet most people would be happy with just a V8 badge on the side of their Bronco, and their ego would be sufficiently inflated.

Automotive enthusiasts are such tire kickers anymore, amiright? its depressing.
Sponsored

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, half as much rotating assembly, if an 8 cyl has two turbochargers, than half as many charge tubes, vacuum lines etc... half as many injectors.... half as many coils and plugs... Yeah still one crank, but 4 cams vs 2 cams... This is like, pretty basic.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why would it be unfair to compare an na 8 to a turbo 4?

It's obvious that a turbo v8 would outperform a turbo 4....

Larger engines make more power, wow what a revelation.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy cow man. Nobody is saying more displacement isn't capable of making more power.

If you're stuck on the number of cylinders, just think about power alone. All the posts you're criticizing are simply trying to say that old trucks did just fine with less power than the new bronco's 2.3L. Thus the 2.3 ahould be just fine. Thats it.

And yes a 4 cylinder has approximately half as many rotating parts and bearings as an 8 cylinder.

Sponsored

Comadivine11

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Chevy Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't get how veiled patriotism-signaling has worked itself into this conversation...

Must be a Tennessee thing.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am just going to go ahead and swap in a 3sgte and watch the world burn.
Sponsored