Sponsored

4 Door “Concept” Cactus Gray Close Up Shots (Cars.com)

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since Ford says on their website right now that a body color painted modular hardtop is an option, that means there will be Oxford White-painted hardtops being produced, they will have a part number and a price, and anybody can buy one. Right?
Sponsored

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It really sucks that this combination of colors.options will not be available as a production version.
Ford is listening...maybe late availability. Remember the CG and the 2-door Orange with door cutouts were the proposed auto show vehicles -- but with the online reveal and so many pictures they are generating a ton of buzz. Ford will evaluate how to offer and make money off of the them! Remember folks -- it's about profits and the end of the day! It's good to have a HIT coming -- now Ford has to figure out how to capitalize on the vehicle, options, aftermarket, etc.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since Ford says on their website right now that a body color painted modular hardtop is an option, that means there will be Oxford White-painted hardtops being produced, they will have a part number and a price, and anybody can buy one. Right?
You're asking me? You were the one who said you could.

If you find where it says you can choose any colour roof when you order you'll make a lot of people here happy.

Until then...we'll just have to wait for the B&P and order sheets.

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The question specifically was asked at a ride along event sponsored by Ford with ford reps there and one of our own Bronco6g members asked the question and it was answered yes there will be a white top option..
BUT with likely "late availability" from what I heard from the "rep"

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're asking me? You were the one who said you could.

If you find where it says you can choose any colour roof when you order you'll make a lot of people here happy.

Until then...we'll just have to wait for the B&P and order sheets.
No Im not asking you, Im telling you. You can buy a top separately. I can buy an Oxford White Bronco hardtop without even buying a Bronco. You follow me?

EDIT: I guess this debate is complicated by the fact that the 2 door comes standard with a hardtop and the 4 door comes standard with a soft top. Im coming from the 4 door perspective.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No Im not asking you, Im telling you. You can buy a top separately. I can buy an Oxford White Bronco hardtop without even buying a Bronco. You follow me?

Yes. I follow that.

You can also order Oxford White doors but I can't spec a new Area 51 Bronco with white doors and a Rapid Red roof.

If white isn't an option you can for sure order whatever colour roof is optioned and buy antoher roof that's white. But nowhere has it said that you can order whatever colour roof you please.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2. We can buy any color Bronco we want, and also buy an Oxford White hardtop. Can we not?
No, we cannot.
3. The Ford rep said a painted white top would be available.
Correct, which is new news. Previously, you could get either MIC gray, black-painted modular, or body-color modular (ie: a top the exact same color as the body). Aside from this one instance, which may or may not be correct information, we still have no confirmation from Ford that we will get optional white tops. And all Ford and Ford employee social media are specifically ignoring any questions about white tops.
4. Why is what the Ford rep said "news"?
Because before, there was no indication that you could get an optional white top with your order.
With your order from the factory? From the reveal up to this moment, no.

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"With my order?" Semantics.

If im buying a 4 door Area 51, it comes with a soft top. I can buy an Oxford White hardtop at the same time. Just buy it separately. Whats the difference?

What the rep said may have been news to you , but its not news to me considering I already knew that Oxford White painted hardtops are being produced.

What interests me is a molded in white color hardtop, like the one on the Cactus Gray 4 door.

It is not known whether those are being manufactured for sale or not.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"With my order?" Semantics.

If im buying a 4 door Area 51, it comes with a soft top. I can buy an Oxford White hardtop at the same time. Just buy it separately. Whats the difference?
What makes you think you'll be able to do that?

In any case, people would like to order a white top with their [other] color vehicle. Unless something changes, we cannot do this.

It is not known whether those are being manufactured for sale or not.
Unless something changes, they will not.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What makes you think you'll be able to do that?

Unless something changes, they will not.
Dude. Seriously? Now you are being obtuse.

I think I will be able to do that because I think that's the reason they are making them, so they can sell them to people.

After I order my 4 door Area 51 Bronco, I can walk down the hall to the parts counter and say I want to buy an Oxford White 4 door hardtop.

Now I have an Area 51 with an Oxford White Painted hardtop.

And has the Build and Price page come up showing no MIC white tops? Or do you work for Ford design team and have knowledge that the current decision is that no MIC white top will be offered, so it would require "something changing" for that to happen?

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. I follow that.

You can also order Oxford White doors but I can't spec a new Area 51 Bronco with white doors and a Rapid Red roof.

If white isn't an option you can for sure order whatever colour roof is optioned and buy antoher roof that's white. But nowhere has it said that you can order whatever colour roof you please.

Well yeah but the doors are attached to the vehicle and its all sprayed at the same time. The top is manufactured and painted independently of the car.

On your second point, ok, Ill rephrase. On the 2 door, it looks as if the body color matched painted roof is now not even an option. They are all either MIC carbonized gray, or shadow black painted. I think Im correct on that.

Did the OP ask about the 2 door version or the 4 door? Did the Ford rep think he was asking about the 2 door or the 4 door?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well yeah but the doors are attached to the vehicle and its all sprayed at the same time. The top is manufactured and painted independently of the car.

On your second point, ok, Ill rephrase. On the 2 door, it looks as if the body color matched painted roof is now not even an option. They are all either MIC carbonized gray, or shadow black painted. I think Im correct on that.

Did the OP ask about the 2 door version or the 4 door? Did the Ford rep think he was asking about the 2 door or the 4 door?
I never disagreed that you can't order a white roof independently. You can order whatever you want from the parts counter.

Your original comment was "I can buy any color Bronco I want, select the dual top option, and select an Oxford White hard top" which I really doubt you can do but you said was fact. You have not proven this "fact."

I feel like I'm going in circles here. It will all come out in the B&P what is actually fact. We can leave it at that.
Sponsored