Sponsored

4 Door “Concept” Cactus Gray Close Up Shots (Cars.com)

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I never disagreed that you can't order a white roof independently. You can order whatever you want from the parts counter.

Your original comment was "I can buy any color Bronco I want, select the dual top option, and select an Oxford White hard top" which I really doubt you can do but you said was fact. You have not proven this "fact."

I feel like I'm going in circles here. It will all come out in the B&P what is actually fact. We can leave it at that.
True, I stated that as fact, when its not been explicitly stated. But considering those tops are being made, I don't know why anyone should assume that you CANT do that. But, it doesn't matter if you can or cant because you could always just order one from Parts.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And has the Build and Price page come up showing no MIC white tops? Or do you work for Ford design team and have knowledge that the current decision is that no MIC white top will be offered, so it would require "something changing" for that to happen?
Why is your information different from:

1) Everything Ford representatives have said?
2) Everything on the Ford website?
3) Everything in the Ford press releases?
4) Everything in Ford-sanctioned video pieces about the Bronco?
5) Everything in Ford-sanctioned written articles about the Bronco?

IF they show up in the B&P I would be extremely happy.

True, I stated that as fact, when its not been explicitly stated. But considering those tops are being made, I don't know why anyone should assume that you CANT do that.
Once again, because it isn't mentioned as an option anywhere. Just like you won't be able to get a disco or vinyl seats on a Wildtrak. It's just not an option. Could you do it aftermarket? Of course. But that's not the argument you were making.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hell, I don't even want a white top anymore! Because even if they offer white flares, I think its still gonna clash with the black bumpers!

I do want the white interior this.

Ford just give us the damn B&P so we know!

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell, I don't even want a white top anymore! Because even if they offer white flares, I think its still gonna clash with the black bumpers!

I do want the white interior this.

Ford just give us the damn B&P so we know!
I wouldn't go for white flares either. Just the top and (hopefully) grille.

The white interior is awesome, but it won't be an option.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The white interior is awesome, but it won't be an option.
Again, you are saying something that you don't KNOW, FOR SURE, 100% to be true. Why do you keep doing that?

If you are saying that because the disclaimer on the CG with white top saying "vehicle is a preproduction with aftermarket accessories not available for sale", then that doesn't rule it out.

BECAUSE, that vehicle has black Method wheels that are aftermarket and so that COULD be all they are trying to "disclaim".

If you have some other inside information, or a quote or a tweet from someone at Ford that said that white interior will not be available, please let us know.

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Once again, because it isn't mentioned as an option anywhere. Just like you won't be able to get a disco or vinyl seats on a Wildtrak. It's just not an option. Could you do it aftermarket? Of course. But that's not the argument you were making.

Optional
  • Dual Tops - Modular Hard Top Body Color-Painted + Black Soft Top (4-Door Only)

Were you not aware that Body Color-painted tops were said by Ford to be available? On every trim above Base.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-big-bend/

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, you are saying something that you don't KNOW, FOR SURE, 100% to be true. Why do you keep doing that?
Because Ford reps say it's won't be available.
  • Dual Tops - Modular Hard Top Body Color-Painted + Black Soft Top (4-Door Only)
Were you not aware that Body Color-painted tops were said by Ford to be available?
Yes, tops that are the same color as the body of the vehicle you order. Which is, again, different than a white top available for all colors.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, tops that are the same color as the body of the vehicle you order. Which is, again, different than a white top available for all colors.
If you are happy with an Oxford White painted hard top, and you are aware that you can BUY one from Parts, why do you care if its an "option" or not?

EDIT: Ahhh, forget it, we are both familiar with the facts, there is obviously just some miscommunication going on about something.

Last edited:

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 4 Door “Concept” Cactus Gray Close Up Shots (Cars.com) 2ACF9768-0142-467B-8424-D3C01B6E8C23
Ford Bronco 4 Door “Concept” Cactus Gray Close Up Shots (Cars.com) B377BF99-AB0D-4BCE-AE5F-A3F7E57E3ADD
Who needs white tops ,when you can have this ?

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As far as a "white top" is concerned, and a Ford rep saying that a white top will be an option, unfortunately what he said isn't anything new.

A painted white top has been an option from the beginning, ON OXFORD WHITE VEHICLES.

What most people who want a white hard top are actually looking for is not a painted white top, but a "molded-in-white" top, that can be had on any color Bronco.

Nuance, people, nuance.
I doubt that’s what he meant.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The white hard top on the Cactus Gray in question is a molded in white color top. Thats what I would want.

Ford Bronco 4 Door “Concept” Cactus Gray Close Up Shots (Cars.com) B377BF99-AB0D-4BCE-AE5F-A3F7E57E3ADD

Body-color-matched tops painted in white have been an option from the beginning considering Oxford White is an option.

But in my opinion a glossy, painted white top on a Bronco of a different color would look weird and mismatched. Like a truck with a camper top that was painted to match a truck of a different color.
I'll take either. That concept top seems to be glossy rather than textured, though. So it looks like a painted top.

But prior to last week, we thought that the white top would only be available on white Broncos.

It'll look like a Bronco.

I'm definitely in the group of wanting the white top and having it be molded in color. However, if the only option is either carbon gray or a $2,000 option of painted Oxford white: I'll use SEM vinyl dye to change the carbon gray to white. Would do a few test pieces first, however, i've had success with SEM products in the past and they make it specifically for that purpose as many 60's+ cars had MIC plastics in blue, burgundy, etc that need to be converted to a more desirable color.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah well my opinion of what I think, is better than your opinion of what you think.

Sound familiar? Let’s put this to bed. This thread is getting trashed. :poop:

Last edited:

jcdrico

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And you will be surprised how different cactus gray will look with a dark color top. Take a look at the Wrangler in Chief Blue. With a black top the color is awesome. With a white top it looks baby blue.
I looked at the chief blue and yes there black painted tops and even the plastic tops look better then the broncos. i hope those change when into production right now the plastic tops look cheap and a faded black.
Sponsored