Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that it matters but the Bronco Sport 2.0EB is rated at 23mpg combined (21mpg city/26mpg hwy)
ah! That makes more sense. Coffee hasn’t kicked in yet

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From a Badlands on 33's

Ford guy said it was running 75 mph on hwy - they drove 4 hours to get there.

4E891D65-16BB-46C6-8A16-F897C942F2BE.jpeg

[/QUOTE

Not knowing terrain type, driving style, traffic type, avg speed, time idling, or driving style makes these reading meaningless. I had a 2017 F150, 3.5l with the Max Tow package. Running empty on a western Interstate, I could get 22.3 mpg at its best. This I know. I expect my new BL, 2door, 2.7l to be something like that in that situation. Around town, it will be worse because if the gearing. If you are buying a Bronco and worrying about gas mileage, you should cancel you order. I do wish the 2door had a bigger gas tank to get more miles between fill ups.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn. That is all the sport gets?!? Crazy
Depends how you drive it. If you get on frequently then yes, it's not very eco. If you drive it to explore and don't feel the need to drive it like a sports car, you'll be surprised. My BS Badlands is just below 27 mpg after 4200 mostly dirt miles. A few 30 mpg tanks even. Getting better since break-in. I'm sure the Bronco will be the same. Drive it like a Raptor and you'll be looking for gas frequently. Drive it mostly for exploring and I bet you'll be able to pull at least low 20s on 33s, maybe even 35s.

Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With this crappy MPG I'd much rather have the reduced complexity, increased longevity and vastly-superior exhaust rumble of a good old-fashioned V8. :mad:
Yeah I want to disagree with you, but I really can't.

I love technology and small displacement engines with big power, but other than maybe a 1-2 MPG difference in favor of the smaller engine, the only thing I can think of is emissions and global platforms/economics.

The 2.3 with turbo even weighs about the same as a V8.

Other thing is that it's just cheaper to design or reuse a smaller engine and slap a turbo on it.

Yeah the turbos are technically more complex, but they are and have been more and more reliable over the years. As long as you keep up with your oil changes and do your maintenance you won't have any issues.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah the turbos are technically more complex, but they are and have been more and more reliable over the years. As long as you keep up with your oil changes and do your maintenance you won't have any issues.
Chances are you'll be replacing one or both turbos ($$$) long before you'd have to do any repair work to an equivalently-maintained V8. :(

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not necessarily. The trip time continues even when the vehicle is off. (At least that is how it works on my Focus.) It could be a highway trip of 346 miles followed by a number of hours parked so it could be 100% highway miles.
The trip time does not continue when the engine is off. Not on my 17 F150 my 2020 F350 or any of the previous Ford trucks (11, 13, 15, 16) that I have had

Denba1

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A tiny 2.7L engine that is not fuel efficient .... how FORD like

just why exactly are these small engines in the market place? why not just do a normally aspirated V6 if consumption is the same ?
Because then they couldn't call it "EcoBoost" and pretend it's efficient.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife has the 2.7 in her Crew Cab F-150. Been getting 20.6 in it. No way the Bronco weighs more than her ginormous truck.

Ford's gearing is kind of whack though. I can actually get better mileage in Sport Mode, since it stays in a lower gear, the turbo kicks on less.

Apugh67

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F350, 2017 Lincoln MKZ, 2018 Escape
Your Bronco Model