Sponsored

Deleted member 9326

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap what the mileage is?
Of course that might be because I drive an '05 2500 Suburban 4x4 with full tow, 4.10 gears and an 8.1L that makes a slurping sound as it goes down the road!
No interest in free money and greater range between filling-up?
Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No interest in free money and greater range between filling-up?
While MPG is important to me, I'm far more concerned with miles per tank. I plan on doing longer trips through the desert and I'd prefer not to have to rely on dump cans just to keep up with other vehicles. I was expecting "about" 20MPG so I'm not really moved either way.

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From a Badlands on 33's

Ford guy said it was running 75 mph on hwy - they drove 4 hours to get there.

4E891D65-16BB-46C6-8A16-F897C942F2BE.jpeg
Is this supposed to be good? Doesn't seem good. But I always seem to have the least fuel efficient vehicle in town.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A tiny 2.7L engine that is not fuel efficient .... how FORD like

just why exactly are these small engines in the market place? why not just do a normally aspirated V6 if consumption is the same ?

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh not horrible. When you’re driving a brick over 55 miles an hour it’s going to drink a lot. I won’t be surprised if a non Sasquatch Bronco 2.7 gets 20 miles per gallon highway and that will be great.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap what the mileage is?
Of course that might be because I drive an '05 2500 Suburban 4x4 with full tow, 4.10 gears and an 8.1L that makes a slurping sound as it goes down the road!
I care less about MPG and more about miles per tank. Stopping to refuel is a waste of time.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I care less about MPG and more about miles per tank. Stopping to refuel is a waste of time.
This doesn’t really make sense to me. They are still one in the same or at least effect each other. MPG is a key factor in this. I mean sure get a giant fuel tank but that will make it heavier and thus use more fuel so....

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This doesn’t really make sense to me. They are still one in the same or at least effect each other. MPG is a key factor in this. I mean sure get a giant fuel tank but that will make it heavier and thus use more fuel so....
The mpg is a means, or variable, to help achieve the miles per tank. Of course I desire mpg to be improved because that helps achieve my goal as well, but that is not the sole metric I care about.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What I have read is that it will run on 87 but if you put super (only 91 here in Kalifornia) the engine will respond to a degree. I'm very interested in a factory tune but only if it is 30 + HP not 5-10 then its nothing. I will put 91 in it anyway. 20 cents a gallon X 16 gallons= $3.20 more a tankful who cares I just spend 45k on what I hope will be my dream SUV
The wife’s Mazda CX-9 gets 227hp on regular, BUT 250hp if you use the good stuff. 310 torques with either. If the Ford gets a bump like this then she gets top tier fuel all day, every day.

Hopefully Cobb comes out with a tune so we can chase down the hemi rubies.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
/cries in Sasquatch.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Based on trip time that's averaging ~30mph. I'd imagine a lot of highway use mixed with a lot of idling.
I agree. I don't think we can put much stock in numbers we see on these Bronco's. With my 2.3L Ranger much of the mpg's depends on the amount of go peddle one uses from a dead stop. Also, a lot does depend on the set up of the Bronco also. Much like the mpg numbers we get from the gubment, we'll have to wait and see what we get on our Bronco's after we get them home.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
A tiny 2.7L engine that is not fuel efficient .... how FORD like

just why exactly are these small engines in the market place? why not just do a normally aspirated V6 if consumption is the same ?
HUH?

1. Have you ever actually driven a Jeep Wrangler?
19MPH would be very efficient v a Jeep.

Remember that the four door is a very heavy vehicle that is just on the limit of its weight class. I expect my 2-Door with the 4 cylinder and 30s will do 3-4MPH better. Which would be awesome and would be way more efficient engines than Jeep.

2. Also did you check the HP and Torque on these things? Hint: They are very good. It is not 1976 anymore. Size of engines are getting smaller, but power output and efficiency is getting better. Ford now sells a 3-cylinder for the Bronco Sport and AWD Escape. It works great.

3. And how about checking the sales of Ford F-150s and Rangers with smaller engines? HInt: the sales numbers are excellent. Doors knows what it is doing.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2017 F-150 3.5 on 32" KO2's that weighs about 4700 lbs getting 19mpg.

I'm getting a 2 dr 2.7 Badlands on 33" KO2's that weighs about the same. I suspect I'll get around 19 mpg on the Bronco too.
Sponsored

Reactions: abe