First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have determined I will be getting only the soft top on my Red Base 4 Door. After getting to see a MIc and Modular top in person I will then go to my local Ford parts counter and order a top of my choosing, most likely Black or White modular.

Does this sound like a workable plan?
Thank you Ford for not offering (at this point anyway) a modular top option for base.
Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have determined I will be getting only the soft top on my Red Base 4 Door. After getting to see a MIc and Modular top in person I will then go to my local Ford parts counter and order a top of my choosing, most likely Black or White modular.

Does this sound like a workable plan?
Thank you Ford for not offering (at this point anyway) a modular top option for base.
One thing to keep in mind is at least for soft-top (from factory) Wranglers is if you want to later install a hard top it requires additional wiring (for the rear window defroster), a new control stick (for the rear wiper control), and tubing to run wiper fluid to back window. So if you are handy that is just ~$300 in parts (if I remember right), but $$$ for the dealer to install for you. Also the cost of the hard top will likely be excessive if not at time of Bronco order since you don't get the 'credit' of the value of the soft top to bring down the cost of the hard top.

Otherwise, good luck dude?

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate the look of the soft top. A hard top will be one of the first things I get.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One thing to keep in mind is at least for soft-top (from factory) Wranglers is if you want to later install a hard top it requires additional wiring (for the rear window defroster), a new control stick (for the rear wiper control), and tubing to run wiper fluid to back window. So if you are handy that is just ~$300 in parts (if I remember right), but $$$ for the dealer to install for you. Also the cost of the hard top will likely be excessive if not at time of Bronco order since you don't get the 'credit' of the value of the soft top to bring down the cost of the hard top.

So buy the MIC and then get a modular? Wonder how much a Modular would $1900? Would be nice to know by December. As it is up market buyers may have the same issue. Hating the mic and wanting modular.

Ford may want to officially clue us in..crazy that.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So buy the MIC and then get a modular? Wonder how much a Modular would $1900? Would be nice to know by December. As it is up market buyers may have the same issue. Hating the mic and wanting modular.

Ford may want to officially clue us in..crazy that.
The basic black JLU hardtop is ~$3k from a dealer. The modular seems fancier so you would assume Ford will price it accordingly. Plus I doubt you are going to have my buyers wanting the standard hardtop so it will sit in your garage... In the end I don't see how this works out - better to just buy upfront what you want.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I think it's been established that Bronco will come with this if you decide to add a hard top. :unsure:

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The basic black JLU hardtop is ~$3k from a dealer. The modular seems fancier so you would assume Ford will price it accordingly. Plus I doubt you are going to have my buyers wanting the standard hardtop so it will sit in your garage... In the end I don't see how this works out - better to just buy upfront what you want.
I guess we have to wait until BnP to be sure but I hope Ford will also give the service desk pricing on a modular top before ordering time. If it can be had for under $3500 I will just hold off on getting a MIC. I like the concept of juicing a Base Build over going Big Bend just for a better top.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone will make a nice fastback, just like Bestop makes a nice soft top. I think you can order the hardtop prep, or Ford is just doing it as everything top wise is such a mess.
Sponsored