Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Placed my reservation on July 15 2020 and received this beast 3 weeks ago... It exceeds my expectations!
Ford Bronco 4 door BaseSquatch received EF6CA7B4-E4A6-44F0-8D88-05FC8DE0284D
Congrats! I'm thinking of changing to the Base. Have you found it limiting in any way compared to the other trims? Thanks!

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats! I'm thinking of changing to the Base. Have you found it limiting in any way compared to the other trims? Thanks!
Only thing it should be limited in compared to other models is inside the cabin. Capability off-road should be more capable than the other stock models outside of Badlands and Wildtrak. I've been BaseSas since late last summer. I still flirt with the creature comforts of Black Diamond at times. LOL

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only thing it should be limited in compared to other models is inside the cabin. Capability off-road should be more capable than the other stock models outside of Badlands and Wildtrak. I've been BaseSas since late last summer. I still flirt with the creature comforts of Black Diamond at times. LOL
I know, it's a tough decision. I like the washout interior of BD, but I like sway bar (although I doubt I need that) and the cameras with the BL.

I don't know if it's worth the over $12+k price jump. At the same time, I just don't want to regret getting the BL that I ordered if I change over to the Base.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

How would the Wildtrak be any more capable than a base-sasquatch with 2.7 and the mod bumper?

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How would the Wildtrak be any more capable than a base-sasquatch with 2.7 and the mod bumper?
It's not. BaseSas isn't more capable than the Wildtrak either. They're the same. That's why I typed it's MORE capable than the other stock models.

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know, it's a tough decision. I like the washout interior of BD, but I like sway bar (although I doubt I need that) and the cameras with the BL.

I don't know if it's worth the over $12+k price jump. At the same time, I just don't want to regret getting the BL that I ordered if I change over to the Base.
Having been to an offroadeo this weekend and driving a basequatch 2 door and have a VIN on a 4 door BL. Just order the Base unless there's something you can't live without. Loved it.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having been to an offroadeo this weekend and driving a basequatch 2 door and have a VIN on a 4 door BL. Just order the Base unless there's something you can't live without. Loved it.
if ford offered BD mid manual i'd consider spending more money. But with no packages available with a manual transmission anywhere expect BL, i'm sticking to base. Katzkin and Husky got my back where Ford don't.

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was OBX b/c I wanted the 12” screen and roast interior, but after test driving a demo OBX I thought the basesquatch was a better value b/c the interior wasn’t impressive enough to spend OBX $$ imo. Really glad I got to see one in person before ordering.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been waiting for a post like this. I wonder if they brought BaseSas to Off Roadeo to highlight this a bit. So, they could clear out orders for those wanting a capable option without all the bells and whistles inside. Food for thought.

Thanks for posting.

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel like base is pretty loaded inside. At least it is for 10 years ago cabins.

OP
OP
Swagger

Swagger

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Placed my reservation on July 15 2020 and received this beast 3 weeks ago... It exceeds my expectations!
EF6CA7B4-E4A6-44F0-8D88-05FC8DE0284D.png
I could go on for pages about this purchase but I only have a couple of minutes to write this and then I have to go back to work. For me, the BaseSquatch is THE way to go. No regrets.
There's a lot I figured out before I received the truck, and a lot I figured out after. Just a few choice points I want to make:
  • The GOAT modes are presets. That means that for most (not all) of them, you can get the same off roading effects by configuring your settings manually. The experienced drivers at one of the Bronco events told me they don't bother with the GOAT knob. The main exception is Sport mode -which is an ON-road mode.
  • The higher trim levels -as many others have indicated- basically come with more interior comforts, not with many more off-roading features. One big exception to that is the 360 camera, which does give the significant advantage of watching your front tires in action.
  • The 12" screen gets a lot of ink, but again, no regrets. First of all, it's touch screen, and reaching around the bigger area while driving has as many cons as it does pros. The 8" screen works great, although the Sync 4 has minor glitches (with over the air updates I'm hoping these will be smoothed out). Another thing: You could pay for a high trim level, but if you don't also purchase the additional 'high' or 'lux' package, you're still going to receive an 8" screen. In other words, a lot of $ for those upgrades. You do get more Sync 4 settings and options with those packages, but for me it wasn't worth it.
  • Regarding Base vs. upper trims: When I went to the Bronco event in Ft. McDowell, AZ there were about a dozen high trim level Broncos waiting there for us customers to drive. I was one of the very few who had received -and brought- my own Bronco there. Let me tell you, when people saw my Bronco, most of them -Ford people and Bronco customers alike- walked straight to my BaseSquatch and Ooohed and Aaahed at it. When people asked what trim it was and I told them with a huge grin it's a Base, they were dumbstruck. Most couldn't believe my truck was a Base model!
  • If you don't get the Sasquatch package from Ford, then you won't get the 2 locking differential 'hero switches'. And if you don't get the 2.7 V6 engine, then you lose the 4-automatic option on the 2 and 4 wheel drive knob.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could go on for pages about this purchase but I only have a couple of minutes to write this and then I have to go back to work. For me, the BaseSquatch is THE way to go. No regrets.
There's a lot I figured out before I received the truck, and a lot I figured out after. Just a few choice points I want to make:
  • The GOAT modes are presets. That means that for most (not all) of them, you can get the same off roading effects by configuring your settings manually. The experienced drivers at one of the Bronco events told me they don't bother with the GOAT knob. The main exception is Sport mode -which is an ON-road mode.
  • The higher trim levels -as many others have indicated- basically come with more interior comforts, not with many more off-roading features. One big exception to that is the 360 camera, which does give the significant advantage of watching your front tires in action.
  • The 12" screen gets a lot of ink, but again, no regrets. First of all, it's touch screen, and reaching around the bigger area while driving has as many cons as it does pros. The 8" screen works great, although the Sync 4 has minor glitches (with over the air updates I'm hoping these will be smoothed out). Another thing: You could pay for a high trim level, but if you don't also purchase the additional 'high' or 'lux' package, you're still going to receive an 8" screen. In other words, a lot of $ for those upgrades. You do get more Sync 4 settings and options with those packages, but for me it wasn't worth it.
  • Regarding Base vs. upper trims: When I went to the Bronco event in Ft. McDowell, AZ there were about a dozen high trim level Broncos waiting there for us customers to drive. I was one of the very few who had received -and brought- my own Bronco there. Let me tell you, when people saw my Bronco, most of them -Ford people and Bronco customers alike- walked straight to my BaseSquatch and Ooohed and Aaahed at it. When people asked what trim it was and I told them with a huge grin it's a Base, they were dumbstruck. Most couldn't believe my truck was a Base model!
  • If you don't get the Sasquatch package from Ford, then you won't get the 2 locking differential 'hero switches'. And if you don't get the 2.7 V6 engine, then you lose the 4-automatic option on the 2 and 4 wheel drive knob.
Thanks for the info. I received similar advice from someone else on here, and I ended up switching my order from BL to Base w/Sas and switches. I think I made the correct decision. BTW, what mods have you made so far?

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I get the two door base squatch as it is cheap, but if you are going four door doesn’t it make sense to go big bend?
Sponsored