Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello, so to give some background to my question. I have a family of 4 including myself (married and two kid) my kids are a toddler and 1 y/o. When the conversation starts and I tell someone I am going to get a 4 door bronco I have been told a couple of times that the bronco isn't really a "family vehicle". Although the answers won't stop me from getting my bronco, what is everyone else's thoughts on that?
Sponsored

LolaD

Outer Banks
First Name
Lola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I mean... did you ask their opinion? ??‍♀ Or was this just conversation? I feel like you can make any car you want (unless it's maybe a corvette /s) into your family car. I think if there's enough space, it can be your family car.

Sponsored

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Your family - your vehicle. Your kids will love riding in the back (when they get a bit older) with the top and doors off. My kids are in their 20s and they still enjoy doing that in our Wrangler.

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello, so to give some background to my question. I have a family of 4 including myself (married and two kid) my kids are a toddler and 1 y/o. When the conversation starts and I tell someone I am going to get a 4 door bronco I have been told a couple of times that the bronco isn't really a "family vehicle". Although the answers won't stop me from getting my bronco, what is everyone else's thoughts on that?
Better than some of the family vehicles of my youth. Try a single cab pickup with kids free ranging in the open bed. Completely normal through my 20's.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Never had a problem with my 4 dr Rubicon pulling family duty, then hitting the trails to pull all out fun duty. It's call double duty.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We had “family vehicles” growing up that shouldnt have even had backseats. 280zx for one..... The Bronco will be fine (2 or 4 door). Will it be as comfortable as a sedan, van or SUV? No but it looks cooler.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what if it is...
A bad ass rig that can do it all that you can pack the kiddos in and teach them about the mountains you will be running around in with your “family rig”

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kogi

Kogi

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Im happy to know I'm thinking straight. I figure it fits the family so we are good. Looking forward to hitting the trails with the family as I watch them grow up.

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a similar family (wife, 11yo boy, 2yo girl) and currently drive a 14 Grand Cherokee. I had been wondering the same thing so I compared the two cars interior measurements. They're surprisingly close. I lose 1.5" across the whole width of the car, gain a little headroom, lose a little standard cargo room, gain several cu ft of cargo with the seats down.

Day to day it might be a little bit smaller than my current jeep, but top down, doors off, headroom and open air I'm positive it's going to feel spacious.

I was considering cancelling my order but now I'm locked and loaded. 4dr Badlands in Area 51. Hoping for a white top!

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has seatbelts and cup holders. When your kid pukes, you can wash it out via the drain holes. It has hvac, sort of. Pretty family friendly I'd say. It's not a sienna or odyssey if that's what they mean.

brunch.jpg

"Oh, did you hear? Kogi didn't even get a third row of seating in his family car. What a shitty parent."

OP
OP
Kogi

Kogi

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a similar family (wife, 11yo boy, 2yo girl) and currently drive a 14 Grand Cherokee. I had been wondering the same thing so I compared the two cars interior measurements. They're surprisingly close. I lose 1.5" across the whole width of the car, gain a little headroom, lose a little standard cargo room, gain several cu ft of cargo with the seats down.

Day to day it might be a little bit smaller than my current jeep, but top down, doors off, headroom and open air I'm positive it's going to feel spacious.

I was considering cancelling my order but now I'm locked and loaded. 4dr Badlands in Area 51. Hoping for a white top!
Nice. We are in a 14 crosstrek and I think im gaining an inch roughly. I cant wait to see one in person to get a feel for the size of the vehicle. Im 6'2" so thats the only thing im slightly worried about. Honestly though Im sure it'll be fine.

Sahara00

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler, 2017 WRX, 2001Bmw 330cic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean... did you ask their opinion? ??‍♀ Or was this just conversation? I feel like you can make any car you want (unless it's maybe a corvette /s) into your family car. I think if there's enough space, it can be your family car.
Rode quite few times in my fathers 69 vette with my two brothers lol. Of course this was the late 80's hahaha. To answer the Op's question, when my first son was born I bought a two door jeep wrangler and had that till he was about 10 or 11. So I would say any 4 door vehicle would more than suffice for a family vehicle.
Sponsored