First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The four door is a much better family vehicle than some crappy lifted impreza.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Also family of 4 here. Kids are 9 & 12. They’re excited to ride in it & go car camping with it. They are kind of tired of hearing about it from me already, tho. ? I ran thru a few (cough) color combinations with my daughter, now she rolls her eyes when she hears ‘Bronco’ ? Pffft. Kids these days.

Anyway, by me it’s not at all uncommon for a 2DR or 4DR Wrangler to be pulling family duty. My understanding is Bronco will be slightly larger in width and the hood is slightly shorter to allow for a bigger box for passengers. But in any case, it’ll be plenty big for car seats, backpacks, sippy cups, iPads Velcro’d to seat backs, etc etc. When you will get to transform it into the weekend fun vehicle and let it stretch it’s legs will feel amazing. ???

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cushy and comfortable, maybe not as much as a minivan. But you won't be able to wipe the smiles off their faces when you ride those kids around with the top off! I think it's the ideal family car. Good choice.

Last edited:

LolaD

Outer Banks
First Name
Lola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rode quite few times in my fathers 69 vette with my two brothers lol. Of course this was the late 80's hahaha. To answer the Op's question, when my first son was born I bought a two door jeep wrangler and had that till he was about 10 or 11. So I would say any 4 door vehicle would more than suffice for a family vehicle.
Lol! My dad had a Datsun 280ZX back in the 80's I think i recall my sister and I taking up space in the hatch back space, lying flat. Those were the days!

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Buy what you want! Others opinion doesn’t matter. We all can’t drive minivans.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I mean, I see where they are coming from, it’s not a crazy option. A Bronco could never be a family vehicle for us, and we are only a family of 3 atm. Never. But everyone’s needs are different. Go test a 4 door wrangler, the Bronco is nearly identical. Shouldn’t take more than a test drive to see if will work for your needs.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would tactfully challenge their rational if they say it is not a family vehicle. Once you hear them out, they might have some useful issues to consider, or maybe they are naive. Having gone through various vehicles with two kids, there are some legitimate issues. Someone mentioned earlier about whether child seats would realistically fit in a bronco, or whether the car seats, diaper bags, family pets and family would all really fit especially in a longer trip. I think it also depends on the vehicle(s) you have now. If you are going to own a second car that is family-oriented, it does not really matter what the bronco's limitations are. All those things being said, I say if there is any way you can swing the bronco within the context of a young family context, DO IT! They grow up REALLY fast (I do not know where the time went between changing my son's diapers and the day he came home and asked me to sign a release for him to become a U.S. Marine)and will love the experience of the bronco especially door and roofless! You will cherish the family bronco trips and excursions for the rest of your life (take a boatload of pictures with the family and the bronco). Life is short, live it for every second you and your family can-go bronco!

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a recommended age limit for driving around with doors and roof off? My son will be 8 by the time I get my 22MY and most likely out of a booster seat by then. What concerns, if any, do you have about kids with doors off?

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our current two family vehicles are a lifted JKU and an F150 Super Crew. Buy whatever works for you. My wife hauls the kids (7 and 9) around in the soft top Wrangler. We took it out to Ouray CO over the summer. Any long trip that doesn't include off-roading is done in the truck. A four door Bronco will be just fine.

Sponsored

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been trying to find a way to articulate the difference between the 2 door and 4 door 'family' Bronco, but I think that this picture says it best.

Ford Bronco 4 door Bronco Family vehicle? unnamed (1)

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't get all the pigeon holing. If it has enough seatbelts for everyone, it works. I mean more room is always cool, but families aren't built on which car anyone drives.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Growing up in sunny England (early 90s, three siblings in our early-mid teens) a 4dr Jeep Cherokee was our family vehicle.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a recommended age limit for driving around with doors and roof off? My son will be 8 by the time I get my 22MY and most likely out of a booster seat by then. What concerns, if any, do you have about kids with doors off?
IMO 8 is plenty old enough to understand the importance and general idea of it.
Younger ones who have a tendency to unbuckle themselves, throw things against the door/window whilst throwing a tantrum (won't be recovering that iPhone12/Gameboy/iPad/Cray computer once it is thrown out of the open doorway at 65mph) probably not the best of ideas as far as no doors...
My buddy takes his 8 yr and 2 yr old sons around all the time in his TJ without the top on.
Doors open up a whole different set of hazards/opportunities for issues.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like the OP has some jealous friends.
Sponsored