Sponsored

4 door Bronco on 33s next to my Jeep Wrangler 2 door on 33s!

AustyPosty

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door 2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I took a Bronco for a test drive. Got some cool shots of my 2017 2 door Jeep Wrangler next to the Bronco. The Jeep had slightly more underbelly clearance on a 1.5 inch leveling kit. Seemed to be similar in overall height, keep in mind my driveway was sloped down towards the Jeep but the bronco seems taller for sure.
Ford Bronco 4 door Bronco on 33s next to my Jeep Wrangler 2 door on 33s! FF8B289E-2D39-4856-8B2E-42F1B66348A2

Ford Bronco 4 door Bronco on 33s next to my Jeep Wrangler 2 door on 33s! 5AD35D66-346A-4F96-ADF0-21FC8415B494

Ford Bronco 4 door Bronco on 33s next to my Jeep Wrangler 2 door on 33s! 5BAF90FE-B4ED-4993-9D54-72FA8304BEC4

overall, my thoughts are: Itā€™s an IFS Jeep. a 4Runner would be a better comparison to the bronco in my opinion Whether thatā€™s your thing or not is up to you I for one would pick a Bronco over a 4runner any day! Itā€™s amazing how similar just being in one is to being in a 4 door JL. One thing I noticed compared to my Jeep, this thing is WIDE, prepare to get a lot of scratches on tight trails, but with easily removable fender panels I donā€™t think itā€™ll be a problem. The quality of the hardtop Bronco they had in the showroom was very poor with unfinished edges and the weather stripping was already peeling off. the soft top quality was passable, but not as good as the Jeep JLs the window was very wavy and looked lower quality than jeeps. Obviously this is a first year model, it will get much better as time goes by. It was however surprisingly quiet on the highway though! This particular Bronco had some harsh scratches on the roll cage from the soft top at only 800 miles. Apparently some sales person did not pull the soft top down right...

Overall I really enjoyed what I saw, i think itā€™s easily the coolest new vehicle in a LONG time. Iā€™m very happy with the new Bronco and I think itā€™ll be a hell of a vehicle.Not too sure if Iā€™m sold on an IFS vehicle for the type of hardcore off-roading I like to do. However I canā€™t wait to see a 2 door in person. I really want to test drive a 2 door on 35s, I have no interest in buying a 4 door bronco, I would consider a 2 door bronco though! Itā€™s tempting... maybe one day haha
Sponsored

Last edited: