Sponsored

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Expedition has a integrated TBC now. Sounds like I need a Bronco with the 2022 DRW package. ?

Ford Bronco ?4-door Bronco Outer Banks test towing a big empty trailer 1610310143868
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Point taken, but no I do not KOH and neither do the vast majority of prospective Bronco owners. Pretending that this sort of thing is the only activity that this vehicle should be used for is not helpful to the overall conversation.

Sorry about the second part - it was edited for actual usable language shortly after the initial post. Was making pancakes again.
With blueberries?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I used the "Do you even [blank], bro?" phrasing because I wasn't that serious about it.

I think the Jeep Wrangler is just about the only competitor to use when complaining about the towing capacity of the Bronco and it caps out at 3500lbs. You've got to look at all of the strict rules in SAE J2807. Also, if anyone wants to see the effect softer suspension (maybe more importantly, longer travel and different gearing) has on a vehicle, the Raptor loses about 3-5000 lbs of rating to a 3.5L EcoBoost F150 with less power.
I wasn't 100% sure - there are the occasional numpties on this forum...

I'm certainly not arguing that a soft suspension limits towing and payload, and I agree that the Raptor is a fantastic example of just that. At this point we don't know what a Bronco is actually capable of though - it could be able to tow more than 3500 if it had a higher-rated receiver. It's very suspicious that they rated every single Bronco at the rating of the Class II and makes me think that some should be able to handle more. Do we seriously believe that a 4-door non-squatched BB cannot tow more than a 2-door Wildtrak?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we seriously believe that a 4-door non-squatched BB cannot tow more than a 2-door Wildtrak?
A long, long time ago, on a very different B6G, there was a Ford insider with a VERY solid reputation and was "in the loop" for all things Bronco.
He had hinted around the Bronco having a really good tow rating for the vehicle that it is ...... so there is some solid merit to your theory.

I agree with you, I'd wish for more towing, but I am also not shocked that it matches the Jeep.
Vehicles as expensive as they are today, many cannot afford specialty vehicles for each task ....tow rigs to tow the trail rig/boat/camper ...a daily driver possibly AWD for those who have to deal with inclimate weather....minivan/suv family truckster .... talk about a tough order to fill with one vehicle.

AMB or VB 4door nonSquatch towing my old mans Ranger boat = HELL YEAH!
I'd even get the Navy pier so the interiors would match!!!! LOL
Ford Bronco ?4-door Bronco Outer Banks test towing a big empty trailer 1610321293080

I've titled this fishing in the rain pic, "Better than a good day working." LOL

Sponsored

Truckl451

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Expedition has a integrated TBC now. Sounds like I need a Bronco with the 2022 DRW package. ?

Ford Bronco ?4-door Bronco Outer Banks test towing a big empty trailer 1610321293080
Where was this photo of an N60 Toyota Hi-Lux Pickup Truck taken, and do you know which company had converted it into a Fifth-Wheel hauler?

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where was this photo of an N60 Toyota Hi-Lux Pickup Truck taken, and do you know which company had converted it into a Fifth-Wheel hauler?
Found it on the interwebs.