Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@IfIHMadeA2021Scout

This is incredibly helpful, but its extremely important to understand your size so others could be aware. Do you mind sharing your height/weight/inseam....and do you have broad shoulders, etc.
Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@IfIHMadeA2021Scout

This is incredibly helpful, but its extremely important to understand your size so others could be aware. Do you mind sharing your height/weight/inseam....and do you have broad shoulders, etc.
I thought I mentioned that but here you go.

Think an old linebacker which I was. 6'-1" and 285 now. I was "skinny" at 240 a few decades ago so that should give you an idea of my build. Yes, I have broad shoulders. Structure is just bigger than normal but nothing amazing.

Think of the guy that has to order his clothes from the big and tall store because his shoulders and neck don't fit in a dress shirt from the department store. Even my baseball caps are special order or it looks like I'm wearing a yarmulke. You don't want to sit next to me on an airplane. I'm that guy.

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take a look at my review and photos here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ll-people-in-the-2021-bronco.2003/post-538733
I am 6'5", 280. The picture of the side of the empty 4 door is where I positioned the driver seat. I thought the seat position was decently comfortable (read: tolerable and what I expected for my size). But the thing I noticed most was that the B pillar position was awkward for me getting in and out. I am thinking the 2-door is the best option for me.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take a look at my review and photos here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ll-people-in-the-2021-bronco.2003/post-538733
I am 6'5", 280. The picture of the side of the empty 4 door is where I positioned the driver seat. I thought the seat position was decently comfortable (read: tolerable and what I expected for my size). But the thing I noticed most was that the B pillar position was awkward for me getting in and out. I am thinking the 2-door is the best option for me.

Can you clarify one thing about the B pillar - you said it made it awkward to get in/out but once you were in was the B pillar pressing against your shoulder and making you feel cramped due to lack of shoulder space? Do you know if you could still rest your elbow on the window sill and grip the left hand side of the steering wheel without the pillar being in the way?

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you clarify one thing about the B pillar - you said it made it awkward to get in/out but once you were in was the B pillar pressing against your shoulder and making you feel cramped due to lack of shoulder space? Do you know if you could still rest your elbow on the window sill and grip the left hand side of the steering wheel without the pillar being in the way?
I am going strictly from memory here, but when I closed the door it was not uncomfortable. I did not feel like my shoulders were pressing against the B-pillar while seated. I don't recall the window sill or pillar being an issue for my left arm. I think if it was an issue I would have noticed it and written about it (like the ingress/egress issue).

I won't purchase the vehicle if it is going to be extremely uncomfortable on long drives or it's going to screw up my back getting in/out. Some of this is perception and/or managing expectations for me. Obviously my "comfort" may not equal your expectations of comfort. I knew this was going to be a smaller vehicle than I am used to driving, so going into this I knew there may be things that I would have to tolerate in order to get the vehicle I wanted.

Now if they simply offered an Expedition with manual transmission and Sasquatch package, I would have a lot more time on my hands because I would have nothing to read/post about on this forum!

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going strictly from memory here, but when I closed the door it was not uncomfortable. I did not feel like my shoulders were pressing against the B-pillar while seated. I don't recall the window sill or pillar being an issue for my left arm. I think if it was an issue I would have noticed it and written about it (like the ingress/egress issue).

I won't purchase the vehicle if it is going to be extremely uncomfortable on long drives or it's going to screw up my back getting in/out. Some of this is perception and/or managing expectations for me. Obviously my "comfort" may not equal your expectations of comfort. I knew this was going to be a smaller vehicle than I am used to driving, so going into this I knew there may be things that I would have to tolerate in order to get the vehicle I wanted.

Now if they simply offered an Expedition with manual transmission and Sasquatch package, I would have a lot more time on my hands because I would have nothing to read/post about on this forum!
Thanks, I'll be going to one of the roadshows at the end of April to test it myself but your feedback is useful in the meantime.
Sponsored