Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone confirm the bumper name on the left 2dr? Steel modular bumper? and is the metal skid plate added on the bottom? These are options or standard on badlands? What I'm saying is, i like the look so much better than that standard bumper on the right bronco!
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly after seeing them in person, the Bronco didn't seem as big as I thought it was. It definitely has more interior space which imo is a win in my book but overall it didn't seem as bulky as I thought it would be. But the 4 door hood did seem a little shorter to me, which I thought looked a little weird, I could've been imagining things tho lol.
Probably an optical illusion because of the difference in cab length. These look much better to me than that Cyber Orange Black Diamond we saw a few days back. Thanks for the pics!

OP
OP
BroncoStang

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are your thoughts of the Bronco now that you have seen it in person next to your Rubicon? I've not owned an off-road vehicle, so It would be nice to hear your perspective as Jeep owner. Does Bronco look or make you feel it is as capable as your Jeep? Did you fancy that Cactus Gray in person or that's hard pass?
I actually really liked the Cactus Gray and I'm not usually a fan of of gray colors. If I didn't have to work in the morning I would have loved to swing by and grab some day time pictures of it ?

I think it's perfectly as capable as my Jeep (solid-axle purists would disagree but whatever lol). The Bronco also didn't seem as big in person as I expected it to be, but that being said it definitely did come across as wider than my Jeep, peeking inside it also definitely has a bit more interior space. I'd be happy with either one but some of the issues plaguing the JL has me planning to switch to the Bronco.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I swung by the same Bronco group (in AZ) and threw my Rubicon next to them so here's more pics lol.... also found a gray Bronco hiding in the back, all I had was my phone camera so it's a bit dark.
This is at the Hampton Inn on Bell and 84th. (Peoria 83).

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 1.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 2.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 3.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 4.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 5.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 6.jpg
Love the colors on your Rubi?

OP
OP
BroncoStang

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, definitely made me feel small haha

Sponsored

Absolomb

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That bronco on the left of your jeep in the pictures is that on 33s or the 35s? It looks like it’s the two door one.

Plus I didn’t expect the broncos to be this big lol.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That two door looks almost as long as your Jeep! How did you feel about the size in direct comparison? I am planning to "downsize" from a JKU to a two door, but it doesn't look like it will be a big jump! :ROFLMAO:
I’m noticing the same thing. Or maybe the angle is deceptive? The two door looks close in size to the jeep.

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m in san diego, might pull up just to join the rest of u

OP
OP
BroncoStang

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That bronco on the left of your jeep in the pictures is that on 33s or the 35s? It looks like it’s the two door one.

Plus I didn’t expect the broncos to be this big lol.
The 2 door Bronco on the Jeep's right was on 35's (315/70/17R), my Rubi sits on the factory 33's.

The 4 door Bronco I actually didn't look at the tires so I'm not sure what it was on but I do remember they were a little smaller than my 33's. Pretty sure it was just sitting on the stock Outer Banks tires (255/70/18R) cause those wheels are the stock OB wheels.

Sponsored

Absolomb

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BroncoStang thank you for this, definitely shows the squatch isn’t messing around!!

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I actually really liked the Cactus Gray and I'm not usually a fan of of gray colors. If I didn't have to work in the morning I would have loved to swing by and grab some day time pictures of it ?

I think it's perfectly as capable as my Jeep (solid-axle purists would disagree but whatever lol). The Bronco also didn't seem as big in person as I expected it to be, but that being said it definitely did come across as wider than my Jeep, peeking inside it also definitely has a bit more interior space. I'd be happy with either one but some of the issues plaguing the JL has me planning to switch to the Bronco.
what type of issues are you talking on the JL? I’m in for a First Edition but I haven’t written Jeep off yet.. trying to consider all options

OP
OP
BroncoStang

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m noticing the same thing. Or maybe the angle is deceptive? The two door looks close in size to the jeep.
I think it's the hood lengths honestly, playing games with our eyes. Pictures aside when I was looking at them in person the 4 door hood seemed shorter than both my Rubi hood and the 2 door Bronco hood but both Bronco hoods remained the same width, meanwhile the length of the 2 door's hood my Jeep's hood seemed very similar. If you look at the second picture I took you can even tell the 4 door Bronco's hood seems shorter than the rest. I think this difference kinda makes the 2 door Bronco look longer contributing to the illusion it's as long as my Rubi. It was shorter though, I was actually thinking about going back in the very early morning for some day time side by side pictures before I go to work and most people are awake haha.

OP
OP
BroncoStang

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what type of issues are you talking on the JL? I’m in for a First Edition but I haven’t written Jeep off yet.. trying to consider all options
The biggest being the aux battery for the ESS system, they are failing very early and leaving people stranded. Supposedly it was fixed for the later years but 18's in particular were plagued with this issue, I haven't had a problem with mine yet but I have seen some 19-20 MY owners report aux battery issues leaving their Jeep dead. The ESS is also an incredibly annoying gas "saving" feature.
Then there's the steering problem, Jeep was using some garbage aluminum steering box that was causing all kinds of wandering issues in the 18-20 MY's, it's been fixed for 2021 with a steel box.
Corrosion is pretty much a guarantee on the door hinges. Lots and lots of reports on that and fighting with FCA to get it fixed.
The diesel engines are garbage lol so don't even dare tread in those waters.
Radio/Uconnect issues leaving owners having to get them replaced.
And then just random little things breaking, the funniest one is the sun visors are breaking on people lol

From what I've seen it seems you either get one that is fine or you get one that just wants to fall apart, gotta win the Wrangler lottery lol. Overall though I do think the JL is an excellent vehicle and they did do a good job bringing the interior up to date, I daily drive mine and it's been pretty comfortable. If I did it again I'd get the Bronco or a 2021 Rubicon (since most problems have been fixed by now and the Rubi now offers the Sahara "full-time" AWD combined with the traditional Rubi part-time 4x4). Between those 2 they're so similar that I'd go with whatever I got a better deal on, that's just my $0.02 tho.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's the hood lengths honestly, playing games with our eyes. Pictures aside when I was looking at them in person the 4 door hood seemed shorter than both my Rubi hood and the 2 door Bronco hood but both Bronco hoods remained the same width, meanwhile the length of the 2 door's hood my Jeep's hood seemed very similar. If you look at the second picture I took you can even tell the 4 door Bronco's hood seems shorter than the rest. I think this difference kinda makes the 2 door Bronco look longer contributing to the illusion it's as long as my Rubi. It was shorter though, I was actually thinking about going back in the very early morning for some day time side by side pictures before I go to work and most people are awake haha.
Yeah I figured it was an illusion. Lol. But yes more pictures!
Sponsored