First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The biggest being the aux battery for the ESS system, they are failing very early and leaving people stranded. Supposedly it was fixed for the later years but 18's in particular were plagued with this issue, I haven't had a problem with mine yet but I have seen some 19-20 MY owners report aux battery issues leaving their Jeep dead. The ESS is also an incredibly annoying gas "saving" feature.
Then there's the steering problem, Jeep was using some garbage aluminum steering box that was causing all kinds of wandering issues in the 18-20 MY's, it's been fixed for 2021 with a steel box.
Corrosion is pretty much a guarantee on the door hinges. Lots and lots of reports on that and fighting with FCA to get it fixed.
The diesel engines are garbage lol so don't even dare tread in those waters.
Radio/Uconnect issues leaving owners having to get them replaced.
And then just random little things breaking, the funniest one is the sun visors are breaking on people lol

From what I've seen it seems you either get one that is fine or you get one that just wants to fall apart, gotta win the Wrangler lottery lol. Overall though I do think the JL is an excellent vehicle and they did do a good job bringing the interior up to date, I daily drive mine and it's been pretty comfortable. If I did it again I'd get the Bronco or a 2021 Rubicon (since most problems have been fixed by now and the Rubi now offers the Sahara "full-time" AWD combined with the traditional Rubi part-time 4x4). Between those 2 they're so similar that I'd go with whatever I got a better deal on, that's just my $0.02 tho.
Appreciate the info! I think the Bronco is going to be great competition to get Jeep’s ass in gear to fix a lot of QC issues and actually innovate more.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I swung by the same Bronco group (in AZ) and threw my Rubicon next to them so here's more pics lol.... also found a gray Bronco hiding in the back, all I had was my phone camera so it's a bit dark.
This is at the Hampton Inn on Bell and 84th. (Peoria 83).

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 1.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 2.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 3.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 4.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 5.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 6.jpg

20201109_192608.jpg

[Grat Job. Now if Ford would do a great non-sparkle Green like that..

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe even more so than Wranglers, Broncos need big tires to look good.

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone confirm the bumper name on the left 2dr? Steel modular bumper? and is the metal skid plate added on the bottom? These are options or standard on badlands? What I'm saying is, i like the look so much better than that standard bumper on the right bronco!
optional mod bumper, incl. on the badlands. when you select on any trim it automatically includes the skids.

zoldham

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ha-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ram 1500, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I swung by the same Bronco group (in AZ) and threw my Rubicon next to them so here's more pics lol.... also found a gray Bronco hiding in the back, all I had was my phone camera so it's a bit dark.
This is at the Hampton Inn on Bell and 84th. (Peoria 83).

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 1.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 2.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 3.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 4.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 5.jpg

2021 Bronco preproduction MIC top by BroncoStang 6.jpg

20201109_192608.jpg
Love the Sarge Green Rubicon. What were your feeling of your Rubicon against the Bronco visually in person? Did you see anything you wish your Jeep had?

OP
OP
BroncoStang

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love the Sarge Green Rubicon. What were your feeling of your Rubicon against the Bronco visually in person? Did you see anything you wish your Jeep had?
Honestly. Not really....
The 2 door sitting on the 35's definitely made me tire envious though haha.

And if I have to be 100% honest, I'm not sure I'm gonna make the trade in for a Bronco now, well maybe idk, I could ditch the Mustang for one instead of the Jeep lol. If I had a JK I'd be more inclined to make the trade for the updated interior but the JL did receive a pretty decent modernization of the interior.
Anyway back to my point, when it comes down to it they're so similar and I'm not the manufacturer loyalty type so I'd go with the vehicle that I could get the better deal out of. Seeing them in person, side by side, I do have one caveat with the Bronco and that would be it's much wider body style. That being said, obviously preference for which body style is going to be subjective.

Last edited:

mandrew

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you tell me a bit more about the perceived increased interior space? I am a big dude and I feel like a bear on a bicycle in the Jeep. Is the interior much wider/taller? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you for the pictures! The comments and comparisons here have been helpful.

tenmidgets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jeep looks like a Tonka toy next to those Broncos. I’ve seen some comparison pictures on the forum before but this really highlights the size differences.

edit: Nice Jeep by the way...
This Jeep makes the Bronco look pretty plain!

Andrews910

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
no one noticed the RED 2021 F-150 in the background?? Can we get pics of that as well? lol.
Sponsored