Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes.....i know that this topic has been beaten to DEATH, but why in the hell dont they just make the damn hard top standard......i really have a big issue with paying extra for it. I just dont like soft tops. I really like the practicality of a 4 door, but by the time you pay for the 2 extra doors, and a hard top, you are in for over 3k more than the 2 door with hard top. are 2 doors worth 3000$?
Sponsored

OP
OP
pat86323

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree. More bothered by the price. Rather high. Once my hardtop goes on. It is staying. No desire to swap them out.
Yep, been driving my 94 for 5 years, and have never had any desire to take it off. I might remove the front row section on occasion, but I doubt that even.

Sponsored

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the hard top too, and I think it's lame that the molded top is gray. It doesn't even match the carbonized gray paint, or the black mirrors/fenders. So regardless, it's going to look out of place and bad. (It's ok on Cactus Gray, but that's it) So I'm looking at a pretty penny for a black painted top? They haven't released the price of a body color painted top. Not sure if that is more or less.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes.....i know that this topic has been beaten to DEATH, but why in the hell dont they just make the damn hard top standard......i really have a big issue with paying extra for it. I just dont like soft tops. I really like the practicality of a 4 door, but by the time you pay for the 2 extra doors, and a hard top, you are in for over 3k more than the 2 door with hard top. are 2 doors worth 3000$?
See Iā€™d actually complain how the two door doesnā€™t even have it as standard or as an option. And if they had it as standard Iā€™d be complaining as well. At least for the door door it should be like a no cost option to change to the hard top or have it at a much lower cost to switch to hard top. But theyā€™re probably trying to milk the four door because they know more people will be buying that more than the two door.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I kind of wish that ford stuck to one of their renderings with the non removable top, dual/triple sunroof and auto rear window. You could go quasi convertible at the flick of a switch.

What I dislike the most about the hardtop is that I HATE driving cars with the sunroof shade closed. The bronco will be effectively that unless I remove the top two panels, which IMO Iā€™m only going to do during joy rides and most certainly not going to do when the toddlers are in the back (wife rules). Sometimes I wonder why Iā€™m getting this at all. Lol. Iā€™d probably get more real time open air use with a 4 runner given I could quickly roll down the rear window and sunroof.

And while the functionality of the bronco flip up front panel is preferred I just canā€™t bring myself to do it given it will horribly contrast with my white top.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you all are missing the obvious answer.

Ford Bronco 4 door hard top woes 1598482430717

Same reason, Homelink is on the high end package and the base lacks lighted visor mirrors. Ford knows that if it bothers you enough, youā€™ll pay for it.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to think the same thing about it but thenI realized how many times the wife and I took the Freedom panels off her JK (3 times in 5 years) and how many times we took the whole top off (0 times in 5 years). Reason? I hate lugging the stupid panels around, and no matter how careful I was they always seemed to pick up a new scratch and from years spent at Chrysler dealer, Iā€™m well aware that the more times you take them off the closer you are to the inevitable water leak. Iā€™m actually happy with the soft top. No panels to worry about and it folds up behind the rear roll bar. Not super excited about the look of soft tops, but I can more about function than looks.

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Iā€™m really confused why the standard tops are different between the two and four-door versions. That being said, itā€™s delusional to believe making the hard top standard wonā€™t have an impact on price.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m really confused why the standard tops are different between the two and four-door versions. That being said, itā€™s delusional to believe making the hard top standard wonā€™t have an impact on price.
It's simple

To make the 4 door appear cheaper than it actually is

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4 door hard top is only $700.

think of it this way, take the base price of whatever 4door you are getting and subtract $1500. That would be itā€™s base price with NO top.

Now,

Add $1500 if you want softtop
Add $2200 if you want hardtop

seems reasonable to me
Sponsored