Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want the hard top too, and I think it's lame that the molded top is gray. It doesn't even match the carbonized gray paint, or the black mirrors/fenders. So regardless, it's going to look out of place and bad. (It's ok on Cactus Gray, but that's it) So I'm looking at a pretty penny for a black painted top? They haven't released the price of a body color painted top. Not sure if that is more or less.
A few cans of Plasti Dip paint will solve that problem cheaply, and you can pick any color you like ..... you can have it wrapped too
Sponsored

sootie007

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC , Scion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So complicated ....so there are 3-4 different tops ?
Molded top - $700
Modular top -$1900
Molded and soft - $3700
Soft - price ?

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So complicated ....so there are 3-4 different tops ?
Molded top - $700
Modular top -$1900
Molded and soft - $3700
Soft - price ?
We think that 3700 for both is an error. Should be $2200 for both. Determined that the soft top is valued at $1500.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

which hard top is the one where we can take certain panels off to function as a moon roof?

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few cans of Plasti Dip paint will solve that problem cheaply, and you can pick any color you like ..... you can have it wrapped too
My plan is to have my $700 top wrapped white. And because the roof is segmented panels, I'll probably be able to do it myself since I won't be wrestling with overtly large pieces of sticky vinyl. Might wrap the grill and side mirrors too.

(I'm just no t able to see the value in the Modular Shadow Black Top, unless your Bronco is Shadow Black. If not, you can always wrap the top in a gloss black if you like the look of the MSBT with your Bronco (thats any color other than Shadow Black, since the vinyl wouldn't be 100% match color-wise) ?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
which hard top is the one where we can take certain panels off to function as a moon roof?
I think itā€™s the modular top but not sure. Wonder if there are any specs on the different tops. Iā€™ve searched but havenā€™t found anything

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes.....i know that this topic has been beaten to DEATH, but why in the hell dont they just make the damn hard top standard......i really have a big issue with paying extra for it. I just dont like soft tops. I really like the practicality of a 4 door, but by the time you pay for the 2 extra doors, and a hard top, you are in for over 3k more than the 2 door with hard top. are 2 doors worth 3000$?
Uh Jeep doesnā€™t, why should Ford?

The 2dr would be soft top standard too if they had a soft top for it.

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My plan is to have my $700 top wrapped white. And because the roof is segmented panels, I'll probably be able to do it myself since I won't be wrestling with overtly large pieces of sticky vinyl. Might wrap the grill and side mirrors too.

(I'm just no t able to see the value in the Modular Shadow Black Top, unless your Bronco is Shadow Black. If not, you can always wrap the top in a gloss black if you like the look of the MSBT with your Bronco (thats any color other than Shadow Black, since the vinyl wouldn't be 100% match color-wise) ?
How hard is something like that? Iā€™ve never done any kind of work like that before.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it is because 2 door soft top was never a thing in first gen and they want to give that a nod.

http://earlybroncosforsale.com/earl...ronco-sales-brochures/1966-brochures-page-04/
Because what Ford should want to do is be head and shoulders over their competitors. If they were the only manufacturer to offer both their hard top and soft top at the same low price, it may force the competition to do the same. I know I wouldn't want to be just barely better than ny competitors, I want to humiliate them.

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think itā€™s the modular top but not sure. Wonder if there are any specs on the different tops. Iā€™ve searched but havenā€™t found anything
You are right, but I have gone through so many articles and forums pages in the last month that I don't know where I saw it either.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Because what Ford should want to do is be head and shoulders over their competitors. If they were the only manufacturer to offer both their hard top and soft top at the same low price, it may force the competition to do the same. I know I wouldn't want to be just barely better than ny competitors, I want to humiliate them.
Ok, but how do you do that, and offer a less expensive soft top?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m pretty sure this has been settled for a while (confirmed after a Q+A with Ford rep)

All hard top models have the two removable ā€œfreedomā€ panels over the front row.

Hereā€™s the breakdown:

2-door MIC: 2 freedom panels, rear clamshell (3)
2-door modular: 2 freedom panels, one panel over the back seat (gunner hatch), 2 rear windows, rear clamshell (6)

4-door MIC: 2 freedom panels, one panel over the back seat, rear clamshell (4)
4-door modular: 2 freedom panels, one panel over the back seat, 2 rear windows, rear clamshell (6)
Sponsored

Last edited: