Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can dream right?! ?. Yeah I guess I didn’t quite think about that when I got myself excited about a back door dual top option lol.
Yeah, $3700 for dual top would definitely make me look at other options. Hoping thats a mistake. Jeep dual top around $2300.

GetBucked

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, $3700 for dual top would definitely make me look at other options. Hoping thats a mistake. Jeep dual top around $2300.
My thinking was that the “dual top option” comes with the “modular hard top”. I don’t particularly want the modular top. I’d just want the MIC hard top with the soft. Not sure if that’ll be an option or not. That’s what sparked my thinking of the cheaper dual top option.

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My thinking was that the “dual top option” comes with the “modular hard top”. I don’t particularly want the modular top. I’d just want the MIC hard top with the soft. Not sure if that’ll be an option or not. That’s what sparked my thinking of the cheaper dual top option.
I'm gonna start with MIC hard top only as I don’t really mind the gray, and I’m hoping when compared to a wrangler it’s easier to take on/off and I’d be more likely to do. Then I’ll look for a quality aftermarket soft top or some sort of emergency covering for when it’s caught out in the rain.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We need an explanation from Ford on why such a glaring and obvious mistake was made with the grey hardtop that doesn't match the other plastics.

There has to be an extenuating circumstance because this vehicle was so meticulously designed down to the bronco-engraved bolts.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We need an explanation from Ford on why such a glaring and obvious mistake was made with the grey hardtop that doesn't match the other plastics.

There has to be an extenuating circumstance because this vehicle was so meticulously designed down to the bronco-engraved bolts.
I’m wondering if the gray top isn’t going to fade the way a black top does (like on the jeep)... so they’re doing it to keep your bronco looking fresh longer.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It was shocking to me that the 2d came with a hardtop and the 4d with a soft top standard...seems totally bassackwards. But I'm good, I've been a 2d hardtop guy all along. Also, very strange they offer no soft top for the 2d? I'm looking forward to The "freedom panels" in the MIC top, I've always been sad my 05 LJ doesn't have them.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How hard is something like that? I’ve never done any kind of work like that before.
I've only vinyl wrapped some furniture, but if you have the patience, and and time to familiarize yourself on techniques on youtube, I dont think it's very hard.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can you wrap something with the rough texture of the MIC top? How could you press that vinyl into all the little low points? I've only seen videos where it's done to smooth lacquer on car bodies.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it’s the modular top but not sure. Wonder if there are any specs on the different tops. I’ve searched but haven’t found anything
I'm sure there was another modular top positioned below the $1900 one. Difference is it doesn't have removable windows in back. I can't find anything on that one now.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m pretty sure this has been settled for a while (confirmed after a Q+A with Ford rep)

All hard top models have the two removable “freedom” panels over the front row.

Here’s the breakdown:

2-door MIC: 2 freedom panels, rear clamshell (3)
2-door modular: 2 freedom panels, one panel over the back seat (gunner hatch), 2 rear windows, rear clamshell (6)

4-door MIC: 2 freedom panels, one panel over the back seat, rear clamshell (4)
4-door modular: 2 freedom panels, one panel over the back seat, 2 rear windows, rear clamshell (6)
I thought there was also this?
4-door modular: 2 freedom panels, one panel over the back seat,rear clamshell (4)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whether it’s standard, or an option, you’re paying extra for it. ??‍♂
I get your point and I get his point and you’re both right. But, I kind of compare it to stuff like a $3 “covid” fee at a restaurant for PPE. Or concert tickets and “service fees,” it’s a lot less frustrating when you’re buying something and the price is just what it is. If someone said $150 for concert tickets with $100 in fees you feel like you’re getting ripped off due to stupid fees. If they said “they’re $400, $200 per,” you feel like they just cost $200. That’s how my mind works anyways

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can you wrap something with the rough texture of the MIC top? How could you press that vinyl into all the little low points? I've only seen videos where it's done to smooth lacquer on car bodies.
someone answer this question (because I'm wondering the same thing myself)!!!!

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

someone answer this question (because I'm wondering the same thing myself)!!!!
I’m sure there is a way, but why not use a product like Line-X and have it any color you want? Durable and probably the same cost.
Sponsored