Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you wanting to see? The look of the tire compared to the vehicle? The ride height?
The look of the tire compared to the vehicle. For me, I don’t need any more capability than a standard badlands on 33s.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to try and fit the new Toyo Open Country IIIs on a non-Sas Black Diamond. Toyo is one of the few that make a 34" tire in 'C' rating. I think a 285/75x17 will look just as good as Sas. They measure 33.86 as compared to the Sas tire at 34.4. Won't notice that small difference in height and they are a tad lighter.
Toyo.jpg
I will be interested to see. Seems like a minimum of crash bar modification and wheel spacer, but only time and test fitting will tell! 285/70 even seems tight with factory wheels.

GBlue

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
groncobronco.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going to try and fit the new Toyo Open Country IIIs on a non-Sas Black Diamond. Toyo is one of the few that make a 34" tire in 'C' rating. I think a 285/75x17 will look just as good as Sas. They measure 33.86 as compared to the Sas tire at 34.4. Won't notice that small difference in height and they are a tad lighter.
Toyo.jpg
Sweet! I’m getting BD as well. I know 33’s are a good to go, but am gonna have my dealer try similar 34. You’ve gotta post if you get yours first

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great pics! So excited as this is my build, minus the brush guard/bar, but I am going with Sas. Can’t wait.

Sponsored

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One other thing that has always stood out to me with smaller tires, is sliders or steps really make a difference, it adds some fill-area making the body of the truck look more flush with the tires visually.

I would love to see 33’s with rock sliders on a 4-door.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One other thing that has always stood out to me with smaller tires, is sliders or steps really make a difference, it adds some fill-area making the body of the truck look more flush with the tires visually.

I would love to see 33’s with rock sliders on a 4-door.
Did you not see the pictures that are the reason this thread exists?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be interested to see. Seems like a minimum of crash bar modification and wheel spacer, but only time and test fitting will tell! 285/70 even seems tight with factory wheels.
Sweet! I’m getting BD as well. I know 33’s are a good to go, but am gonna have my dealer try similar 34. You’ve gotta post if you get yours first
BL has the 285/70s with both crash bars so we know they are a direct swap. You are right on getting different crash bars and probably a 1/4" spacer for 285/75s, maybe even have to do the 1-2" lift that Sas has.

Ford Bronco 4-Door Oxford White Badlands (@ MAP) 1607819915396

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The look of the tire compared to the vehicle. For me, I don’t need any more capability than a standard badlands on 33s.
There are multiple threads that have pictures of the Broncos next to each other including Badlands and Squatch. But keep in mind that the pictures make the tires seems smaller than they appear to the eye. I've seen 33s and 35s side by side and they both look huge.

These are 33's (Jeep) and 35's (Raptor)

Ford Bronco 4-Door Oxford White Badlands (@ MAP) 20210107_134018
Ford Bronco 4-Door Oxford White Badlands (@ MAP) 20210107_134321

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do not generally like white vehicles.. but I love white on the G6 Bronco. I think I’m going white!

The_Axeman

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That Brush Guard / grille logo alignment stinks.
I agree ?. Gladly the brush guard placement with the winch is much better. The BRONCO logo is so iconic - why would you want to cover it completely with this alignment? I’m not trying to be bitchy but how does that pass through all the channels at Ford with nobody saying “hold on. Wait a sec. let’s make the brush guard go BENEATH our beautiful BRONCO logo ok?”
??‍♂??‍♂

The_Axeman

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just addressing the look because many people have stated that Sasquatch is "mandatory" on the 4 doors for it to look right. (BS)

Regarding capability, it sounds like you have a specific situation that the 35s will be perfect for, so that's obviously the way to go. I'm a newbie at this, but from the research I've done, 33s will do just about everything the 35's will, but there will be a few situations (that 99% of us will never get into) where the 35s would make things easier.

For me personally, the weight of the 35s worries me, as I'd like to be able to change my own wheels, but what really sealed the "no squatch" on my build is when I saw that video that showed the stopping differences between 35s and 33s.
Everything’s subjective ultimately.
I’m ordering a 4 door BL manual. I believe like many that the 33’s are great on a 2 door. 35’s look big - but nice big.
On the 4 door I believe they look a little small - but that’s all personal taste. I think that the Sasquatch 35’s look small to because of the light alloy beauty ring. I find that the BL 33’s look as good as the Sasquatch 35’s.
I’m personally going with aftermarket wheels and still looking at upsizing tires as well. Living up in Montréal - I’m not sure about the GY Territories - they don’t have the 3 peak mountain snowflake rating (which is mandatory here for the winter). I also don’t like the look of them. I prefer the BFG KO2’s.
Again - everything’s subjective and personal preference.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saturday stroll was successful! This looked higher than most? More lift? Idk ??‍♀ ?

THAT'S MY TRUCK!

Well, not... really MY truck, but, what my truck is gonna be probably I hope someday soon......

Thanks for showing OW some love!

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Everything’s subjective ultimately.
I’m ordering a 4 door BL manual. I believe like many that the 33’s are great on a 2 door. 35’s look big - but nice big.
On the 4 door I believe they look a little small - but that’s all personal taste. I think that the Sasquatch 35’s look small to because of the light alloy beauty ring. I find that the BL 33’s look as good as the Sasquatch 35’s.
I’m personally going with aftermarket wheels and still looking at upsizing tires as well. Living up in Montréal - I’m not sure about the GY Territories - they don’t have the 3 peak mountain snowflake rating (which is mandatory here for the winter). I also don’t like the look of them. I prefer the BFG KO2’s.
Again - everything’s subjective and personal preference.
I also think 33s are plenty capable and look good on the 4 door but I think the 35s do look better. Also, I’m willing to bet that the GY Territory tires do get the 3 Peak snow symbol ASAP. These are basically the same as Duratracs (which have it) but with actually more road contact and more siping so these should definitely get the 3 Peaks. It appears to be a softer tire so question is how long will the tread life be.
Sponsored