Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL has the 285/70s with both crash bars so we know they are a direct swap. You are right on getting different crash bars and probably a 1/4" spacer for 285/75s, maybe even have to do the 1-2" lift that Sas has.

1607819915396.jpeg
Doesn’t the BD and BL have different suspension? I wasn’t aware we had verification that the 285/70/17 fit the BD? All of it seems like minor fit issues, if there are any. My main focus is on the HD front axle.Ford seems to be pretty focused on limiting factory to 265/70/17 on the 190 axle. They have to warranty every ham fisted owner, reasonable owners should be able to use the 190 with the larger tires without issue.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doesn’t the BD and BL have different suspension? I wasn’t aware we had verification that the 285/70/17 fit the BD? All of it seems like minor fit issues, if there are any. My main focus is on the HD front axle.Ford seems to be pretty focused on limiting factory to 265/70/17 on the 190 axle. They have to warranty every ham fisted owner, reasonable owners should be able to use the 190 with the larger tires without issue.
I am starting to think the difference between Sas/BL and the HOSS suspension isnt going to be much. We still havent gotten a straight answer on parts. Definetly a different axle and locker up front, rims and tires for sure, and something to do with the coil overs and about a 1” lift. We haven't seen anything else different as far as control arms or anything of that nature that I am aware of.

I dont think rock crawling with 34” tires on a non Sas BD is a good idea for most folks. I just use my rigs for hunting/exploring so I am ok with it.

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you not see the pictures that are the reason this thread exists?
Sorry, in person, as well as MIC top, but wheel/tire look on this Bronco is hard to grasp since most marketing seems to have 35” tires in all moving videos.

The_Axeman

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BL has the 285/70s with both crash bars so we know they are a direct swap. You are right on getting different crash bars and probably a 1/4" spacer for 285/75s, maybe even have to do the 1-2" lift that Sas has.

Ford Bronco 4-Door Oxford White Badlands (@ MAP) Bronco_2-D_Trail-Rig_02-1280x720
Can someone tell me what the crash bars are for? Is there any real risk in simply removing them? They seem to greatly limit tire size....

Sponsored

Papa Bear

Badlands
First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Lariat 4x4 Diesel, 1966 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think those are the 33 inch tires with optional wheels? So not a Sasquatch. Someone else can probably confirm as I am not 100%. Lucky you to see one in person. Love the white badlands!
You are correct, those are 33s.

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Saturday stroll was successful! This looked higher than most? More lift? Idk ??‍♀ ?

Ford Bronco 4-Door Oxford White Badlands (@ MAP) Bronco_2-D_Trail-Rig_02-1280x720
Thanks, I drove down to Allen Park and drove past MAP on Sunday but the only thing I saw was a sport in Allen Park and a two-door driving the opposite side of 94 from me.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think so too. I’m stuck between the std bumper (for WT) or the HD mod. Love fog lights but hate the std bumper. Do you get the HD Mod bumper now or wait for a totally different aftermarket bumper? I’m on the fence. What I don’t want to happen is I wait for an aftermarket bumper only the learn that I’ll have to relocate any sensors. Rather just not deal with that.
Is the Capable bumper available for your Trim? That is fog light capable anyway. Unsure if it comes with them.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is the Capable bumper available for your Trim? That is fog light capable anyway. Unsure if it comes with them.
It is and that is the bumper I originally wanted, but I’m not sure if it’s status. I saw that it’s not available on the 21MY. Didn’t want to delay my bronco just for this bumper. Could always just get it later I assume.

Sponsored

BronkoNagurski

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sweet! I’m getting BD as well. I know 33’s are a good to go, but am gonna have my dealer try similar 34. You’ve gotta post if you get yours first
It's good to see someone confident in fitting 33s on a BD off the bat, that's what I'll be doing. I know the subject has been beaten to death, but I really hope 285/70 will fit the steelies without any other modifications ?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can someone tell me what the crash bars are for? Is there any real risk in simply removing them? They seem to greatly limit tire size....
They are there to stop the tire / wheel from intruding into the passenger compartment footwell. The mostly likely occurrence would be during an offset frontal impact. Evidently that little bit of extra steel makes a big difference on walking away vs having broken legs.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model