Sponsored

4-door rear roll bar fire extinguisher solution?

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've read a number of threads here and elsewhere on mounting options and extinguishers - but I haven't found the solution for what I think I want to go with.

I don't overland - but want to be prepared when on the trail and do on occasion expect to be tent camping.

I'm going to invest in the H3R 2.5lb extinguisher. Most likely the Halguard BC option.

I want to mount to the top of the roll bar in the back. I don't want a pin with a tag that will flap in the wind when the top is off and I don't want bulky or sharp mounting brackets that have to be on the extinguisher when/if in use. And I'd like a mounting solution that will use the existing threaded mounting holes on the roll bar.

I like the look and function of Camlock options - like the offerings from H3R and Course.

https://coursemotorsports.com/produ...MIrt7eysyJ_wIVhf7jBx2fmQZNEAQYBSABEgIutfD_BwE

What I haven't found is a means to mount the flat bracket that is part of those (with 4 holes) to the mounting holes on the roll bar.

I did find this - but it's a bit more than I what I need for this purpose - https://desertdoesit.com/collections/ford-parts/products/roll-bar-triple-molle-2021-2022-ford-bronco

And JCR has this - but it doesn't accommodate the flat plate.https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6-EXT.html

Or has someone figured out a means to use the included wall mount that comes with the extinguisher on the roll bar? https://www.h3rperformance.com/coll...uard-clean-agent-car-fire-extinguisher-2-5lbs
Sponsored

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks - that was one of the threads I had gone through, got lots of ideas, learned about some options I didn't know about - but didn't see exactly what I'm trying to do.

I'm envisioning a plate that mounts to the existing points on the roll bar, and then has 4 mounting points for the standard spacing most flat brackets seem to use.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just fabbed up an aluminum plate to offset ours inward slightly.

0AiWQeQ.jpg

HQXGiem.jpg

tsZ0LmE.jpg

EGTnoak.jpg

8BsUghq.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just fabbed up an aluminum plate to offset ours inward slightly.

Ford Bronco 4-door rear roll bar fire extinguisher solution? 8BsUghq

Nice work! I already have the flat back quick release bracket - so I just need a means to mount that to the existing accessory mounting points.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice work! I already have the flat back quick release bracket - so I just need a means to mount that to the existing accessory mounting points.
Well....after measuring a couple of times, we went to drop the top all the way back yesterday and one of the bows on the soft top was hitting the fire extinguisher and preventing the top from going all the way back 🤦‍♂️.

So I ordered a new aluminum quick release mount off Amazon and mounted the fire extinguisher to the tailgate table.

Ford Bronco 4-door rear roll bar fire extinguisher solution? ljARW0W

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is perfect. I will be using your idea. Thanks!

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've read a number of threads here and elsewhere on mounting options and extinguishers - but I haven't found the solution for what I think I want to go with.

I don't overland - but want to be prepared when on the trail and do on occasion expect to be tent camping.

I'm going to invest in the H3R 2.5lb extinguisher. Most likely the Halguard BC option.

I want to mount to the top of the roll bar in the back. I don't want a pin with a tag that will flap in the wind when the top is off and I don't want bulky or sharp mounting brackets that have to be on the extinguisher when/if in use. And I'd like a mounting solution that will use the existing threaded mounting holes on the roll bar.

I like the look and function of Camlock options - like the offerings from H3R and Course.

https://coursemotorsports.com/products/quick-grab-billet-fire-extinguisher-quick-release-for-3-bottles?currency=USD&variant=31418442252339&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrt7eysyJ_wIVhf7jBx2fmQZNEAQYBSABEgIutfD_BwE

What I haven't found is a means to mount the flat bracket that is part of those (with 4 holes) to the mounting holes on the roll bar.

I did find this - but it's a bit more than I what I need for this purpose - https://desertdoesit.com/collections/ford-parts/products/roll-bar-triple-molle-2021-2022-ford-bronco

And JCR has this - but it doesn't accommodate the flat plate.https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6-EXT.html

Or has someone figured out a means to use the included wall mount that comes with the extinguisher on the roll bar? https://www.h3rperformance.com/coll...uard-clean-agent-car-fire-extinguisher-2-5lbs
I have a 2 door, but I like where I mounted mine out of the way

Ford Bronco 4-door rear roll bar fire extinguisher solution? IMG_1040

OP
OP

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, H3R is working on, but doesn't have available a roll bar mount like they have for the Jeep that will work with the standard 4-hole fire extinguisher mounting positions.

Not knowing timing for availability for the H3R solution (and needing a solution for a trip), I called up Desert Does It and had confirmation that the openings on their 3-sided Molle for the roll bar will work with the mounting positions and I could use my Course Motor Sports quick release mount with it.

It did not. The holes and openings on the Dessert Does It 3-panel Molle do no line up with the standard fire extinguisher mounting holes.

So, next best thing, table the idea of using the quick release flat bracket from Course Motor Sports and buy the Desert Does It fire extinguisher mount that I can mount to the top of the Molle panel (confirmed before I ordered).

Not quite - you can't mount the fire extinguisher mount from Desert Does It to the top of the Molle panel from Desert Does it - they didn't design the mount to be mounted AFTER the Molle is attached to the roll bar, and you can't get to the accessory mounting points on the roll bar with the mount installed on the Molle. So, options were bottom or side mounting locations. Not ideal - as I wanted the extinguisher to the top so I could mount a pull away first aid kit to the bottom and not have them interfere with each other (thinking it was more common to pull down and away for access).

So - now I'm rethinking where/how to mount the pull away first aid kit if I keep this setup. But that's another thread topic... lol.

But the real reason for this follow up was to ask how people with pull pin extinguisher mounts silent the pin ring - as it comes in contact with the body of the extinguisher when mounted (which is why I had selected the quick release option from Course Motor Sports in the first place - no free moving parts to rattle).

Desert Does It suggested getting a different pin with a non moving pull handle - which I haven't been able to find and even if I did, may not be compatible with the spacing and diameter of their C brackets (not too mention, now I'm trying to find a part to make up for an issue with a solution that has fallen short of what I had planned for in the first place).
Sponsored