Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q3, Bronco Badlands 4Dr NoSas MIC 2.7 CG High
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm picking up my 4-door MIC Top Badlands in a few weeks, and safe to say I'm disappointed that the 4-door roof rack is not an option for my build as I am specifically looking to do roof-top camping in the near future.

In the B&P for the Badlands 4-door, you are able to select (and I assume build) a 4-door hardtop with the rails with the 2.3L engine, but when you go to add the 2.7L, the roof rack has to get removed. Not sure if this has to do with curb weight or height issues but here we are.

So my question is thus: What are my actual options for a roof-rack on the 4-door MIC? Are people even able to get a 2.3L with one? If so, is my only option at this point to wait to buy some take-offs or look for a 3rd party option? It also seems like I can't buy it from Ford, at least not on their site.

I can't seem to find any online and building my own seems daunting and sketchy considering the MIC top issues. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you are correct, the factory option roof rack does not appear as an accessory purchase currently. I'd speak to a dealership's parts department to see if one is orderable through them, they may be able to be purchased as a repair item even if not available as an accessory.

OP
OP
FernieSanders

FernieSanders

Badlands
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you are correct, the factory option roof rack does not appear as an accessory purchase currently. I'd speak to a dealership's parts department to see if one is orderable through them, they may be able to be purchased as a repair item even if not available as an accessory.
I'll definitely be asking the parts counter when I go to get the car delivered. I also read somewhere (I could have imagined it, it's been a while) that the weight capacity for the top is 400 lbs, is that correct?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just spoke with a Ford Rep for accessories at a Bronco event. You can get the roof rack with the Sas Mic from the dealership at time of purchase as an accessory. I'll tell you what my actual dealer says if you'd like, I'm on the way to order accessories as I just got a delivery date.

OP
OP
FernieSanders

FernieSanders

Badlands
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just spoke with a Ford Rep for accessories at a Bronco event. You can get the roof rack with the Sas Mic from the dealership at time of purchase as an accessory. I'll tell you what my actual dealer says if you'd like, I'm on the way to order accessories as I just got a delivery date.
That would be great, thank you! My delivery is Oct 22-28th range.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll definitely be asking the parts counter when I go to get the car delivered. I also read somewhere (I could have imagined it, it's been a while) that the weight capacity for the top is 400 lbs, is that correct?
Static IIRC is 450. I know dynamic is 110

OP
OP
FernieSanders

FernieSanders

Badlands
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In one of the videos I watched recently, it seems that the factory roof rack makes it difficult to take out the backseat panel with the MIC top. That could be an aftermarket opportunity.

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have SAS it will not allow you to add the roof rack. So you will have to purchase it after you receive your Bronco. If that is not true than the computer, original order and dealer are not telling me the truth. I figured I would get mine after from ford or aftermarket when I get my Badlands SAS
Sponsored