Sponsored

4 door storage bags at $350 a WASTE of money....?

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Depends on time of year I get mine, if summer I'll use my ford pass points for them. If winter I'll wait to see what after market has.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I currently store my jeep doors on the garage wall. May get storage bags for them for when we to take them off and store them at camp but will wait for aftermarket products since I don't need them to or want to store them inside the Bronco.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since there isn't a window frame to hang them, I was planning on hanging the bags in the garage using the bags. But I'm hoping aftermarket comes up with something VERY sturdy to make me feel better about the handles not ripping off and dropping the doors when I'm not looking.

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its probably not a waste of money but with the extra Ford cash given ($250) I would buy those separate and not wrap them into the car payment (+2.9% est.). If you do opt for them then they will end up costing you more then $350 with the interest. I opted against many options because of that and stuck with the items that go direct to the cars value. If I see something I want later I am sure aftermarket will have it. Roof rails, door bags, pod lights, winch, roof tent, ect. all fall in this category.

Note: I am not criticizing anyone that did opt for those. I just felt like it wasn't in my best interest.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand $350 seems excess for some canvas bags, but really everything is expensive and you usually get what you pay for. I would say if you ever intend to remove your doors I'd get them.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a side note:
I've looked into several ways Jeep owners store their doors while off the vehicle (no pictures handy but you can find them on some threads here a while back) and found some cool, simple ideas.
Not exactly on topic, but similar.
Of course, our doors are a bit different in geometry, design, and how they mount.
One I found particularly interesting was a person had a bracket on the wall that the Jeep doors' hinges fit into.
This solved potentially the biggest problem/difference, which is the lack of the frame around the window.
It looked like something that could easily be adapted to our setup.
Possibly have a dowel pin or something to rest one hinge on and a recessed threaded portion for the other that you could thread your bolt into to secure it.
I see it usable also with the bags covering 99% of the door, except open where the hinges come through.
I, for one, am going to adapt this setup for mine when storing in the shop.
Just some food for thought on the "storage" end of the subject outside of the on-board storage with the bags.

I tend to shy away from anything taking up a footprint on the floor.
I have oodles of stuff in my shop taking up floor space from cabinets to parts washers to a rotisserie to 4 post lifts. Anything I can store out of the way is a plus, as available floor space (even if it is a rack on casters) is a premium.
It's easy to find yourself out of usable floor space if you get carried away.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$350 gets you 4 bags + all the gear required to strap them down in the Back.

If you order them later you will pay more (unless the Accessory Catalog Price Changes)

And as others mentioned..the bags will give you the means to easily hang them on your garage wall from the beginning.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't walk 5 feet without spilling my coffee. I definitely need the door bags or they will be scratched to hell the first day.

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$350 gets you 4 bags + all the gear required to strap them down in the Back.

If you order them later you will pay more (unless the Accessory Catalog Price Changes)

And as others mentioned..the bags will give you the means to easily hang them on your garage wall from the beginning.
If they also come with the gear that straps them down, seems like it's a decent price. Plus the OEM quality should be worth it. I'm sure some aftermarket Co's will end up making options at different price points (and quality).

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4 door storage bags are 350, at least at the base level....are they a "waste of money" or do you think they will actually get used...? I know its only 350, but money is money. Probably can pick some up on ebay within the first year if needed. Thoughts?
An oversized reusable grocery bag for doors, made with maybe $15 worth of cloth selling for $350. Is it overpriced ...

This was a rhetorical question, right?

Sponsored

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those that purchased these, where were the I bolts that are supposed to come with them? I can't find them anywhere in my bronco

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon; 2020 LR Defender
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

coryfg

Wildtrak
First Name
Corrado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FWIW, the door bags include the rigging for rear cargo storage (at least on the 4 door).
@Catmandu I just got my door bags and was wondering about the strap to store them in the trunk. Mine didn't come with it and couldn't find it on the Ford accessories page. Your bags came with it?

For those questioning, they bags are great. Took my front doors off for the first time and the bags are helpful in removing and storing them.
Sponsored