Sponsored

4 door storage bags at $350 a WASTE of money....?

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 4 door storage bags are 350, at least at the base level....are they a "waste of money" or do you think they will actually get used...? I know its only 350, but money is money. Probably can pick some up on ebay within the first year if needed. Thoughts?
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want to protect the doors from day 1, $350 isn't a bad amount to spend.
We will see sets on CL and FB marketplace (and on here), but not for a good while after deliveries start.
I'm playing it safe and ponying up the $350.

*plus I had to comment on something. My messages count was 666 and I didn't like that.

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You won’t regret having protection for the doors when you remove them, but there will be a simpler, more durable aftermarket solution for storing these doors...
If you plan on getting the slide-out tailgate, that’s one more reason to hesitate. I’m curious how different the DIO “off-vehicle storage bags” are. They may be a more appropriate option for some?
All that said, I’m getting them lol feels like it completes the package for me.

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4 door storage bags are 350, at least at the base level....are they a "waste of money" or do you think they will actually get used...? I know its only 350, but money is money. Probably can pick some up on ebay within the first year if needed. Thoughts?
I keep thinking there might be some aftermarket bags that might be better (or maybe something with more protection for those of us without a garage?).
But if I was getting a 4-door that could use the bags to stow the doors in the back, and I was getting my Bronco early enough to go door less, I’d get them because I know I’d want to take the doors off right away. Also it seems like they designed them well.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, the door bags include the rigging for rear cargo storage (at least on the 4 door).

Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Another benefit to the onboard storage bag, rather than towels sewn together, are the attachment buckles that hold the bags upright, almost "cradled" if you will. Keeps them from sliding/bumping/banging into things.

To each their own but the money for that particular product seems fair and reasonable, especially for a "chicken soup" type of cure.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$350 is minor compared to the cost of repairing scratches. With that said, the reason I won't be upgrading is because they appear to take up the entire rear cargo area and I cannot foresee ever having the room available in the cargo area just for doors as I always carry a couple of JIC cargo containers holding essentials.

tower9000

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can anyone tell my how to purchase these with the Black Diamond trim? Apparently Ford made an oversight on including this in the order sheet.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I remember a video showing that their designed to hang then from the rear pillars and cross bar. Assuming your getting a 4 door I think it's worth it to be able to hang all the doors safely instead of laying them on the rear floor. Even for storage in a garage or something. Will also make it easier to lock them up to a tree on a trail for 2 door guys and gals.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can anyone tell my how to purchase these with the Black Diamond trim? Apparently Ford made an oversight on including this in the order sheet.
Ditto. I just wrote my dealer. Assuming it's just an accessory code. Though, I don't want to finance them - so, I hope that I can just buy them outright at delivery.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure you can add them to your order. Call your salesperson up.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't see myself ever storing the doors in the back but I know I'll be putting them in the garage, either mine or an airBNB, so I wanted protection of some sort. $350 for the option to put them in the back and otherwise use them for garage storage seemed fair.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought about getting these but I should be able to get them cheaper once deliveries start. I'd just use them to keep the doors in the garage as I can't foresee taking the doors off while I'm on the road.

Also, I don't want any option that could possibly hold up my order. So I didn't add any accessories.

I think I remember a video showing that their designed to hang then from the rear pillars and cross bar. Assuming your getting a 4 door I think it's worth it to be able to hang all the doors safely instead of laying them on the rear floor. Even for storage in a garage or something. Will also make it easier to lock them up to a tree on a trail for 2 door guys and gals.
They don't hang, they sit upright on the floor. But the tie down points are on the roll bar

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was on the fence, my wife was completely down with them, she is always smarter than me, so I will be getting the bags! I was going to use my FordPass $ for a Bimini, but bags it is!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SInce I'm a 22, I will wait and see what the feedback is on the bags, and whether an aftermarket option pops up....but will most likely add them before I get my VIN. I kind of have to have them and like the idea of putting them on as I'm taking the doors off.
Sponsored