First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As the title states I am currently between two models and am interested to hear some opinions. Current list of wants are:

2.7L
Mid pack
MGV
33" tires - I want to run 33" tires since this will be my daily driver with small kids.
m210 front axel

It would be nice to have the high pack pending the 12" screen reviews but it is not a requirement.

So my question is do I go BD with Sasquatch and swap the 35s for 33s or just go Badlands. From the pictures I have seen the 4-door pulls off 33s well but with the BD option I would have the choice to stay 35s. As built price is about the same. I like the interior of the BD better with the two tone seats but would likely go Cyber Orange exterior if I got a Badlands so everything would match. I don't think I need the sway bar disconnects as I will just be doing overlanding and light off roading.

Anything I am missing? Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
As the title states I am currently between two models and am interested to hear some opinions. Current list of wants are:

2.7L
Mid pack
MGV
33" tires - I want to run 33" tires since this will be my daily driver with small kids.
m210 front axel

It would be nice to have the high pack pending the 12" screen reviews but it is not a requirement.

So my question is do I go BD with Sasquatch and swap the 35s for 33s or just go Badlands. From the pictures I have seen the 4-door pulls off 33s well but with the BD option I would have the choice to stay 35s. As built price is about the same. I like the interior of the BD better with the two tone seats but would likely go Cyber Orange exterior if I got a Badlands so everything would match. I don't think I need the sway bar disconnects as I will just be doing overlanding and light off roading.

Your BD won't have the BL extra 4cm of suspension travel. Your final grearing of 4.7 might not be as optimal for 33s as 4.46. You'll need to recalibrate the speedo. Badlands optional rims have carbonized grey beauty rings as opposed to Squatch shiny silver rings.

BL interior will be good with Cyber Orange. Go Badlands. It's going to be a more iconic vehicle in the future, esp in Cyber Orange. A future classic!

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm having the same dilemma. I'm going with a BL. I don't want to mess with swapping tires, regearing, speedo adjusting, etc to a brand new vehicle. And possibly voiding warranty work by making these changes. And BL should be better resale value.

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I struggled with the same decision but I think I am just going to go BL Squatched. I think AMB or VB will go well with the grey grill, MIC top and orange accents. I still hate that I am forced to choose orange but I am slowly getting over it. Originally I was thinking Carbonized Grey but I think with the MIC top and grill it will just be too grey.

TheBronc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the same predicament but am waiting for more clear communication from Ford regarding the difference in the BL suspension and the SAS suspension. Specifically, the ride height.

Sponsored

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

pretty much sacrificing BL signature lighting, sway bar, better cluster, 33in bfgoodrich to BD better wheels, 35 goodyear, wide fenders.
Im in the exact same boat

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.7L
Mid pack
MGV
m210 front axel

badlands all the way....... look at those headlights my dude, the black diamond looks like a base model with white bronco letters

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500/1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I struggled with the same decision but I think I am just going to go BL Squatched. I think AMB or VB will go well with the grey grill, MIC top and orange accents. I still hate that I am forced to choose orange but I am slowly getting over it. Originally I was thinking Carbonized Grey but I think with the MIC top and grill it will just be too grey.
I can't live with that ORANGE! I prefer the BD's interior. I'm in the same dilemma though. To Squatch or not to Squatch. The reality is, I'm probably not going to use it. As much as I would like to Off-Road, I have 3 small kiddo's and time is limited. The beefier tires and suspension look so good though. I like BD, 2.7, AB, hardtop, with Mid package. Squatch or no Squatch?

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't live with that ORANGE! I prefer the BD's interior. I'm in the same dilemma though. To Squatch or not to Squatch. The reality is, I'm probably not going to use it. As much as I would like to Off-Road, I have 3 small kiddo's and time is limited. The beefier tires and suspension look so good though. I like BD, 2.7, AB, hardtop, with Mid package. Squatch or no Squatch?
Sqautch it. Same here, probably not a lot of off roading in the near future but I would be so disappointed every time I see a sqautched bronco roll by.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hmmm, I want the BD semi loaded with MGV and squatched. I do not want the sway bar disco as I will go aftermarket. I want the 12" screen, but if only the BD offered the high package I would be set. I will swap out the Squatch wheels for steelies. Why? Steelies are a lot easier to fix (small sledge) on the trail then other wheels that will leave you stranded.

Sponsored

Yosef

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the same boat, must have the MGV seats and therefore down to essentially two builds. A 2.7, auto BD, Sasquatch, mid is almost the same price as a badlands 2.3, manual, high package (and I get the extra sound deadening with high package and can add on the headliner sound deadening as well with the stock 33s from factory, can’t do that with BD Sasquatch build and 2.7). The 33s will be more than enough for me, but I love the stance with the 35s. Decisions, decisions....the manual is tempting, not gonna lie..

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sqautch it. Same here, probably not a lot of off roading in the near future but I would be so disappointed every time I see a sqautched bronco roll by.

Exactly!

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I have a deep hatred of Orange and don't think I can live with that everyday. If it we're just the grab handles, then ok...that can be changed. But then there is the stitching. Puke!

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will swap out the Squatch wheels for steelies. Why? Steelies are a lot easier to fix (small sledge) on the trail then other wheels that will leave you stranded.
Ah yes, the ole Jeremy Clarkson hit it with a sledge trick.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The trouble is desire/money creep. By that, I mean, when I look at the BL, I can't help adding bells and whistles, and end up about $8k more than the BD.....so I have to keep deciding how much is too much?
Sponsored