First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After reading a quadrillion threads, surfing the internet for comparison pictures, and overheating the B&P page I've decided the best overall purchase for me is a Badlands w/o Squatch. The upgraded suspension is all I really want and BL has it. Unless you're a serious offroad fanatic, 35" tires aren't necessary nor practical. They may look badass but considering the cost of ownership (less mpg, wear & tear on brakes, tranny, etc., tire replacement), decreased acceleration speeds and a louder ride, 33" tires fit my wants, needs, and desires perfectly.

Will I have a little Squatch envy? Probably, but it will be shortlived and I think I'll sleep better at night knowing I didn't just buy a 'look' but rather a very capable, sharp looking Bronco that will go anywhere I wanna go.
Sponsored

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My current dilemna! I don't need the sway bar disconnect and prefer the blue to the orange stitching, high pkg would be nice over the Mid pkg but am still able to get built in NAV on BD. Leaning towards SAS BD in Velocity Blue or Area 51

MotownSpartan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape XLT 6cyl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally in this dilemma... Was leaning toward BD 2.7L SAS Mid/Tow 4 dr. and now really thinking toward BL 2.7L non-SAS Mid/Tow 4 dr. BL has the suspension underpinnings of the SAS package just with the 33"s vs. 35"s, which for a daily driver would be better. Actually even thinking about setteling with a BD with 32" Steelies... Love the Look!. Here in NC with GF's folks up in Black Mountain, so am looking for some medium level trail adventure but nothing too crazy. Had a CJ-5 back in college up in MI that I came real close to rolling a several times... so been there, done that! LOL

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just like everyone else... this is what I'm debating too. I want the MGV interior so it comes down to BD or BL. I HATE the BD grill but I know it can be changed out. But how much will grills be? I also like the signature headlights and different tail lights on the BL better. One thing that does make me mad is "sport" mode will be on BD but not on BL. Why? BL is the higher price trim but no sport mode? Stupid. I think I will go with BL on 33's in the end but who knows.

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just like everyone else... this is what I'm debating too. I want the MGV interior so it comes down to BD or BL. I HATE the BD grill but I know it can be changed out. But how much will grills be? I also like the signature headlights and different tail lights on the BL better. One thing that does make me mad is "sport" mode will be on BD but not on BL. Why? BL is the higher price trim but no sport mode? Stupid. I think I will go with BL on 33's in the end but who knows.
Well, the good (or bad) news is we have more time to decide!! ??

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going with four door Badlands Sasquatch package. The only thing I lose out on is sport mode. I still get the MGV seats, high package with 12 inch screen and trail cam, rubberized flooring with drains, signature lights, sway bar disconnect, all of the hero switches, tow package, option between soft and hard top, etc. You can’t get all of that on Black Diamond, Wildtrak, or First Edition. The Badlands might not be perfect but it still gives you the most bells and whistles versus the other trims. It’s also not the most expensive either.

Last edited:

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These two builds had been my dilemma for the last month. As a daily driver, the Badlands with the 33s gave me exactly (re: more than) what i needed. However, this isn't going to be my daily driver, this is gonna be my off-road adventure present to myself and i will eventually want bigger tires than the 33s. My budget (and wife) allows me to spend up to $50k so the Black Diamond SAS gets me almost all the mechanical tools that i will need for almost any type of terrain (minus the disconnect). The lights and grill are nicer on the BL, yes, but i see those as cosmetic options that i can possible change out later if i wanted. I'd rather spend as much as possible up front on the mechanical systems that are backed by factory warranty. So far the Bronco reservation journey has been fun, i don't mind the delays. Perhaps i will change my mind again before ordering day...?
Sponsored