Sponsored

4 dr roof rack guys - how often are you going to leave the rack installed?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Given that you cant remove the mid panel, what are your thoughts? I see myself ordering a roof rack, just to have it. It will probably be in storage more than it will be on the car. I will probably remove the mid panel way more often than needing the rack to install a cargo box. That said, i'd probably go rackless from spring-summer, and maybe install once or twice for any road trips. But i know for sure I'll need it in the winter for xmas tree, presents, winter trips, etc.

I like the look of the rack, but will need it maybe 3-5x a year. Whereas, I'd be removing the mid panels maybe 50+ times a year.

That's all....curious what you guys were thinking?
Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking same as you, almost exactly. Keep it off in the summer except when going on any road trips where I will need the rack space. Then probably just keep it on most of the time in the cold seasons.

Even though I am downsizing from Explorer to this my vehicle will still be the largest vehicle we own, so I'll need that rack space for trips. Most of the other time I want to get with no doors and top as much as I can.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was thinking same as you, almost exactly. Keep it off in the summer except when going on any road trips where I will need the rack space. Then probably just keep it on most of the time in the cold seasons.

Even though I am downsizing from Explorer to this my vehicle will still be the largest vehicle we own, so I'll need that rack space for trips. Most of the other time I want to get with no doors and top as much as I can.
Yup. This will be our larger of the two vehicles and serve family duty. Sounds like we have the same plan. Unless my wife freaks out by having the kids in the back with no roof on, then I may leave the rack on more than I am initially planning, since I would just remove the front panels on solo weekend driving. lol.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm waiting for this rack solution...
Ford Bronco 4 dr roof rack guys - how often are you going to leave the rack installed? rack

I don't want a roof rack interfering with the front AND mid roof removal.

Last edited:

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
+1. Ideally I’d have a sunrider that works for the front and middle sections and a hard top rear with rack, but I don’t know where the front 2 would fold back to. Would help since I’ll be loading stuff in and out of the back a lot with kids which a hard top would be better (strollers, etc).

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stupid me I still thought the mid/ back seat panel could me moved even in the MIC

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will wait for an aftermarket solution from someone like frontrunner that only uses the 4 mounting point on the rear section and leave it on all the time. Coming from a Tacoma I'm gonna have to put my shit on a diet to fit it all so being able to put tings on the rack will be very useful for me. I was thinking it may be a good spot for a roof panels and/or doors, with a mount of course. While being able to put them in the back sounds cool I cant think of many trips where I have 4 people in the truck and no cargo in the back.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well, step 1 is going to be to find a way to get a roof rack on my BadSquatch 4 door 2.7 ... then, if I can make that happen - it'll likely stay on permanently.... I'm fine just removing the panels over the front seats.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't want a roof rack interfering with the front roof removal.
It doesnt. You could remove the front L/R panels with the rack on. What you cant remove is the mid panel.

sirvegetable

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

summer will be roof rack tent time so I'll prob have it on most of the non-winter months.

Sponsored

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always. I have a kayak that pretty much lives on my car from spring to fall. I do a little bit of fishing.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not with the rack on, unfortunately
Ok my bad, if no roof rack the mid panel comes off, with rack on mid panel can’t be removed...
Thanks ?

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the look of the roof rack and will run it most of the time. Whenever I go topless the rack will come off. The rack is 4 -6 bolts basically so not that hard to remove. I have had 2 Jeeps and we either go totally topless or run the hard top. I very rarely take the front panels off by themselves. If I’m taking the front panels off, I’d rather take the whole thing off. During winter I’ll run the rack always.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought we couldn’t put a roof rack on the four door. At least Ford said we can’t.
Sponsored