Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ye
Yes, but this in a Bronco! I did that for 7 years in my Raptor too but it's a Raptor. This is can do all the extreme off-roading but just happens to be able to do a little Raptor desert stuff too. Pretty flipping awesome!!
Yeah I'm just messing, this thing looks like a great jack of all trades. I'm excited to see what a set of fox or king coilovers can do to it

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™m such a closet comms nerd. I saw a corded mic (nothing to do with the roof, this time). Whereā€™d they mount the radio? Didnā€™t see an antenna. Howā€™s that work?
The Bronco videos are just awesome. Off to price a slightly optioned Badlands, even though I donā€™t need sbd, but Iā€™m tired of off roading coming with no wheel travel.

patchymanz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone previously said, it isnā€™t ok to be in 4H on the highway, but is it ok to go that fast on a loose traction road (snow/dirt/sand/gravel) in 4H?
The bronco will be my first 4WD, so sorry for the ignorance.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone previously said, it isnā€™t ok to be in 4H on the highway, but is it ok to go that fast on a loose traction road (snow/dirt/sand/gravel) in 4H?
The bronco will be my first 4WD, so sorry for the ignorance.
4H on the highway should not be used if it's dry as it puts additional strain on the driveline parts since any turning requires slippage to avoid binding and you won't get that on dry asphalt or concrete. 4A mode is more like AWD mode and is safe to use on the highway and is great when the roads are a mixture of dry and wet or dry and snow/ice covered. If roads are totally wet or snow/ice covered then 4H is ok.

Sponsored

GatorDave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone else having trouble with the rear legroom video? Also, where does he demonstrate the sway bar disconnect? Thanks!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love seeing these 4-doors driving high speed with the front 3 roof panels removed.

Hoping I can keep the roof rack on, load all 3 roof panels in the back (one seat down?), and have it wide open up there for daily driving with the hard top.
You can't remove the 2nd row panel with the roof rack on (you can remove the front 2 with it on), so to do that, you'd have to have the roof rack off, remove the 3 panels and then put the roof rack back on.

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can't remove the 2nd row panel with the roof rack on (you can remove the front 2 with it on), so to do that, you'd have to have the roof rack off, remove the 3 panels and then put the roof rack back on.
Yeah thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been reading since the start... but then I wonder why? The roof rack doesnā€™t appear to interface with the middle panel. Maybe itā€™s a restriction thing when trying to thread it under the rack.

Iā€™m hopeful but my expectation is still what you said, that Iā€™ll have to take the rack off. I am curious what the limiting factor is though.

edit: After looking at the b&p angles again, I think thatā€™s exactly what it is: the top curves too far down to be able to fit under the rack when removing. Bummer

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great videos!

Layperson's question here:

Functionally, what does the video demonstrate the Badland doing that a Base, Big Bend, or Black Diamond couldn't do? I would assume that any of the Bronco models would be able to traverse desert roads, similarly.

I guess I am trying to understand the functional delta between a base and a Badland (ex, can a base accomplish 90% of what a Badlands can).

Sponsored

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope. If you listen to the video, he literally says Baja mode switches it into 4H. You still get all the GOAT modes for your trim level, even if you have part-time selectable 4x4. Having the Advanced 4x4 makes no difference. Thatā€™s why im not going to pay extra for it. I originally wanted it for driving on wet highways. But after seeing it go 70mph in 4H, itā€™s not necessary. Iā€™d rather switch it on myself.
The fact that Baja mode only comes on trims with 4A standard would make me think it uses the advanced transfer case and isnt locked in4H...not certain on that obviously.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks mom, but I think youā€™re looking for the Prius forum.
What does caring about peoples health in a pandemic have to do with driving a Prius?

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great videos!

Layperson's question here:

Functionally, what does the video demonstrate the Badland doing that a Base, Big Bend, or Black Diamond couldn't do? I would assume that any of the Bronco models would be able to traverse desert roads, similarly.

I guess I am trying to understand the functional delta between a base and a Badland (ex, can a base accomplish 90% of what a Badlands can).
The Badlands has the sway bar disconnect which allows additional suspension travel to keep more wheels planted on off camber obstacles.
The Badlands also has the Bilstein progressive shocks that based on commentary from the pro drivers at KOH reduce hard ā€œstopsā€ as the shock nears the limits of travel.
If you add the Sasquatch package to any trim youā€™ll get the upgraded Bilstein shocks and a small lift (these are included on the Badlands, witā€™s the caveat that the overall suspension height is slightly different (about 4cm).
Only the Badlands and First Edition have the sway bar disconnect.
If you use the search bar there is a lot of info and discussion on the suspension and sway bar disconnect. There is also a cool video of some Jeep You Tubers touring the Bilstein factory that can be found.
I think the normal Bronco suspension is going to be capable, but the Badlands trim and Sasquatch package really take it up a notch. There is no way you can duplicate the Sasquatch package for the price on your own unless you really know what you are doing.
Hereā€™s one more awesome Badlands/FE sway bar fact: the sway bar can disconnect under load. That is pretty amazing.
All of the Broncos are awesome. Decide how you want to use your Bronco and then get the one that bests fits your adventure and budget.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks mom, but I think youā€™re looking for the Prius forum.
This guy doesn't get it and demonstrates what's wrong with society.
What does caring about peoples health in a pandemic have to do with driving a Prius?
This guy gets it and gives me hope that there's still hope for us all.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The biggest thing that surprised me... in the long YouTube video, the driver mentioned it having full-belly skid plates. Is this true? I remember rock rails and bash plates for the FE, but I don't ever remember full belly skids being a standard option on any trim? Did I miss something?
Sponsored