4 legged travel companions

weezy_jw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How many of you plan on taking your 4 legged companions on your Bronco adventures? Just wondering for those who do already, how do you travel with them now? Any special considerations? Or just load up and go?!?
Sponsored

Hard Learner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150 XL Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before I got 2 more dogs equaling 3 total and a baby, my first dog and I would always go and get ice cream together. Now that everyone else is around it's a lot harder to do. Would be fun for one of the first rides to take her on a car ride again and go get some ice cream.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My dogs go for random rides with me. One at a time though, Pyrenees & St. Bernard, and short trips only. Load and go for my short drives.

Longer trips they'll ride together in the back of the old ladies Mazda. Usually load and go as well. Sometimes a crate for the Pyrenees, he's younger.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One Pyrenees/rottweiler/lab and one husky/collie.

Fire them in the back seat and off we go. We use a dog seat cover in the back. Like a big hammock. We used it to keep our old cloth seats clean but now use it on the vinyl seats in our 4Runner to keep them from sliding around.

If we have people in the back then they will ride in the trunk but one always makes his way back up to the seats.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a rear seat pet cover that's spill proof. Keep them from puncturing a seat, stains and getting hair everything.

Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m in the same boat and wondering if MGV or Leather will hold up better with dog claws? Iā€™ve heard vinyl is more prone to tearing. Anybody have an opinion?

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My pup loves to ride with me. Heā€™s a 45 pound doodle. Iā€™ve got him trained to ride in a dog bed in the car so he doesnā€™t mess with the leather.

Iā€™m getting a two door. Plan on loading him through the back. Iā€™ll keep one seat folded down and his car bed on the other back seat.

I plan on rolling with tube doors and the panels over the front seat off. If I ever go fully without the top, Iā€™d like to get one of these contraptions to make sure he stays in.

6DE879E4-F383-4B6B-AC9A-46E8EB94FC7D.jpeg

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m in the same boat and wondering if MGV or Leather will hold up better with dog claws? Iā€™ve heard vinyl is more prone to tearing. Anybody have an opinion?
I would guess your pupā€™s nails would scratch up leather and MGV. Best to have some kind of seat protection. For a quick fix if your pup rides shotgun, something like this would work.

https://www.amazon.com/Seat-Armour-...over&qid=1604261370&sprefix=towel+seat&sr=8-8

It is basically just a towel with a slot that fits over the headrest.

OP
OP
weezy_jw

weezy_jw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Before I got 2 more dogs equaling 3 total and a baby, my first dog and I would always go and get ice cream together. Now that everyone else is around it's a lot harder to do. Would be fun for one of the first rides to take her on a car ride again and go get some ice cream.
I feel you. Before my kids I had a German Shepherd that went with me everywhere, even before the wife!

the wife had a Pomeranian who loved to swim and go dove hunting, so she was pretty cool too! Haha

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I take my two everywhere and is the reason I went 4 dr for my wrangler. The dogs love the open air and know when I take them to the Jeep we are going on an adventure.

in all my vehicles I have a rear seat hammock style cover (recommend ruffwear brand) and keep them in harnesses connected to latch points. Even if I go BD or BL on the bronco I will still have the rear seat cover on as nails, drool, hair, etc. is too much for any kind of seat.

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dog rides in my Mustang all the time that has the Recaro Leather seats and when I clean out the hair you'd never be any wiser a dog had ridden in it. And she's not a little one either 75 lbs. worth of dog and the seat looks just fine.

vel23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a PWD and she goes in my car almost daily. I'm getting a 4dr Badlands so she can hang out the back windows. I'm getting leather and I've never used a cover or anything for her and she's been just fine. If my off road vehicle can't handle dog claws....

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep. She's always with me on the farm.

Ford Bronco 4 legged travel companions IMG_0293.JPG

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our 2 dogs (both 75lbs, labradoodle & sheepadoodle) go on every wheeling adventure with us. In the wifeā€™s grand cherokee (which will be replaced by the Bronco) seats are always folded down, in my truck rear seat is always in folded up position, in my wrangler I have the rear bench removed. If technical rocky trails, they are tethered to their chest harness. When weā€™re in the wrangler and top down theyre teathered at all times even when on regular roads.

Here is the oldest one.

FD3B9F3B-E281-47FE-A2EC-404FA3CC5C85.jpeg
Sponsored