First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f3506.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, anyone besides me planning on installing 4 point harnesses " just incase" I sure as hell do. While I'm not trying to roll my new rig, it's not gonna be a pavement princess by any means. Which means where in gonna take it, rollover potential exists so I wonder if ford thought of that and made provisions for 4 pts. That woukd be nice, as I woukd feel alot safer with harnesses. I've been looking at as many interior photos as a can to see what my options are for mounting points. It woukd be alot easier if there was a cross bar between the back of the seats to mount the shoulder restraints. Any body besides me been thinking about this? What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd guess about 90% of the Bronco drivers would be pissed about a cross bar taking up space as it'd be useless to them and be an eye sore in the 4dr. I dont know of one factory vehicle that has incorporated a viable harness system right from the factory floor. Hell, they cant even get the child car seat attachment point right LMAO

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It would be tough to get the correct mounting angles for the shoulder straps without using a harness bar. Why would you bother running a 4-point system and for go the crotch strap?

OP
OP
ryansbronco

ryansbronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f3506.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be tough to get the correct mounting angles for the shoulder straps without using a harness bar. Why would you bother running a 4-point system and for go the crotch strap?
I'm a big boy. Not a hole Lotta crotch room in that area once I get in that pig. I'm a 3XL kinda guy.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I dont know of one factory vehicle that has incorporated a viable harness system right from the factory floor.
Funny you'd say that, just saw a review of the 2021 M3, and it's got mounts and holes in the seats just for a 5 point.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Having seen the after pictures of rolled Wranglers, I think I'd stand a better chance being thrown from the vehicle in a roll over.
EP-201019955.jpg

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Funny you'd say that, just saw a review of the 2021 M3, and it's got mounts and holes in the seats just for a 5 point.
Well, now there is always a first I guess. Interesting, Ill have to check that out as I was looking at a 5 series for something else outside the WT

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok, anyone besides me planning on installing 4 point harnesses " just incase" I sure as hell do. While I'm not trying to roll my new rig, it's not gonna be a pavement princess by any means. Which means where in gonna take it, rollover potential exists so I wonder if ford thought of that and made provisions for 4 pts. That woukd be nice, as I woukd feel alot safer with harnesses. I've been looking at as many interior photos as a can to see what my options are for mounting points. It woukd be alot easier if there was a cross bar between the back of the seats to mount the shoulder restraints. Any body besides me been thinking about this? What are your thoughts?
I will be adding a harness intend to use it more off road most likely weld in cage support

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, now there is always a first I guess. Interesting, Ill have to check that out as I was looking at a 5 series for something else outside the WT
The nose is still uglier than homegrown sin, but BMW does not fuck around with the M3, and upwards of 500hp in a rwd, manual sedan sounds like the right recipe to me. Pricing is gonna be a solid OOF tho.

Sponsored

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
LOL $3,800 option

OP
OP
ryansbronco

ryansbronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f3506.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be adding a harness intend to use it more off road most likely weld in cage support
I'm thinking about extra cage aswell I mean, if I get really wadded up, then I got more problems than just being in a harness, I love the "open air concept, but I really feel there shoukd be alteast one cross bar going across the roof, behind the front seats, if you roll it, and there is a big rock you land on, its gonna go right through that open air concept and right into your head. Granted I'm thinking worst case scenario, but hey fucked up shit can happen to anybody.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People that buy a Comp pkg M3, really don't care about $3800 tho...

I wish I didn't have to care, lol.
Agreed there, just was laughing at the increased price, sounds like some posts around here. But, you nailed it, cant have 2 brand new vehicles

HaugenRacing

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Been waiting for someone to make a harness bar. Glad I'm not the only one. Also asked PRP Seats about seat mounts for the bronco and they have no plans :(
Sponsored