First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F250, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
One day shy of four weeks, this is the latest in the blown motor saga. My service manager has received word (electronically) that there is a replacement engine cued up to be sent. However, no one actually knows when that replacement engine will actually be made and/or shipped.

The best I can gather (from talking with folks at my dealership in Ca, calling Customer Relations in Tx and speaking with the Executive Liaison I’ve made contact with in Detroit), a serial number has been assigned to replace my Bronco’s dead engine. Unfortunately, it appears to be unclear to everyone I’ve spoken with if said serial number has actually been built yet or where it currently is in the manufacturing or shipping line. So it could be here in a few days or a few months.

For such a huge company that literally makes millions of vehicle parts every year, this seems a bit odd to me. I will update again once I learn/hear something.
Sponsored

jeremy.wilson237

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Ford Super duty, Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
we are still waiting on parts for our engine that blew on Dec 8th. Didn't take long for them to acquire a new engine but the small parts are taking forever. we are still waiting on a couple gaskets and we are on week 6

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
One day shy of four weeks, this is the latest in the blown motor saga. My service manager has received word (electronically) that there is a replacement engine cued up to be sent. However, no one actually knows when that replacement engine will actually be made and/or shipped.

The best I can gather (from talking with folks at my dealership in Ca, calling Customer Relations in Tx and speaking with the Executive Liaison I’ve made contact with in Detroit), a serial number has been assigned to replace my Bronco’s dead engine. Unfortunately, it appears to be unclear to everyone I’ve spoken with if said serial number has actually been built yet or where it currently is in the manufacturing or shipping line. So it could be here in a few days or a few months.

For such a huge company that literally makes millions of vehicle parts every year, this seems a bit odd to me. I will update again once I learn/hear something.

That sucks!
Did they tell you if you're getting an engine with all the same parts or maybe it has a different head or something?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If only @Ford Motor Company would show a little transparency on the issue :|
I know, right?!? I called up the Lima plant manager and asked him specifically about Lance's engine. He asked me if I was the owner, and I said, "Well... uhhh... not exactly, but I'm an anxious consumer, and I need to..." Then he effectively told me to piss off... blah blah blah... customer privacy, etc., etc. The fuckin' nerve of that guy! :mad:

/s

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lance103222

Lance103222

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That sucks!
Did they tell you if you're getting an engine with all the same parts or maybe it has a different head or something?
My dealership's service manager requested a create motor and new turbos. I don't know what a create motor entails as far as parts. Sorry.

OP
OP
Lance103222

Lance103222

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know, right?!? I called up the Lima plant manager and asked him specifically about Lance's engine. He asked me if I was the owner, and I said, "Well... uhhh... not exactly, but I'm an anxious consumer, and I need to..." Then he effectively told me to piss off... blah blah blah... customer privacy, etc., etc. The fuckin' nerve of that guy! :mad:

/s
Give'em Hell!

69-300

Black Diamond
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
we are still waiting on parts for our engine that blew on Dec 8th. Didn't take long for them to acquire a new engine but the small parts are taking forever. we are still waiting on a couple gaskets and we are on week 6
So has any of you considered Lemon Laws and/or buy backs ? 6 weeks without a car you paid for is really pushing it.

jeremy.wilson237

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So has any of you considered Lemon Laws and/or buy backs ? 6 weeks without a car you paid for is really pushing it.
We have contemplated contacting a lawyer in Indiana. I contacted one from Texas and they told me 90 days. I need to check Indiana laws.

69-300

Black Diamond
First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have contemplated contacting a lawyer in Indiana. I contacted one from Texas and they told me 90 days. I need to check Indiana laws.
I think TX like most states its 30 days not working or repaired - I wonder if the fact that the part is technically not available, or that you potentially have a loaner - has any effect in the day counting for the process. You may want to bring it up with Ford Customer Service, as in any case the process usually requires a written notice and a 10 day lapse before it is effective.
https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lance103222

Lance103222

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sadly you need to check with your local laws (State), each State is different. Ca is 30 days.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Common lemon laws are it has to be back for the same repair 3 times within 30 days. Blown engines won't qualify in any state as a lemon law no matter how long it sits.

jeremy.wilson237

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Common lemon laws are it has to be back for the same repair 3 times within 30 days. Blown engines won't qualify in any state as a lemon law no matter how long it sits.
what does in purgatory mean in your signature? Also I was told new vehicles have different time frames on lemon laws, but I can see not being able to like you mentioned.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Most states have a time out of service requirement that can be used for lemon qualification

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just switched my order to a 2.3, so there is one less 2.7 for production. Good luck.
Sponsored