JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well crap. So I'm all excited about my blend date being today, 9/20, but based on what I'm reading that doesn't mean jack shit. I should expect to be in production for quite a while then, right? Is this an attempt to get as many built before the end of the MY22 period?
Sponsored

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Scarey to think Ice Mtn 2 in production …. Then probably have Dirt Mtn 2 ….

BLACKBURNx92x

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Explains the likely reason I blended 9/13 and stuck in production a week later. Modules are live and it has a tear tag.

Dang. I guess it’s off to leaf peeper mountain.

I Just sold my motorcycle today to clear the Broncos stable space. my friends and family think I’m crazy for remaining this patient. Making life decisions around the Bronco order has caused so much frustration.
damn i could never sell my bike for the bronco. in fact if the bank wont ok the trade in on my new indian in jan ill be selling my bronco thats currently in transit to my dealer lol.

SquatchErik

Wildtrak
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Explains the likely reason I blended 9/13 and stuck in production a week later. Modules are live and it has a tear tag.

Dang. I guess it’s off to leaf peeper mountain.

I Just sold my motorcycle today to clear the Broncos stable space. my friends and family think I’m crazy for remaining this patient. Making life decisions around the Bronco order has caused so much frustration.
Same here; got a Wildtrak, Lux, HOSS 3.0, MIC top that I was notified to start on 9/13 and is still stuck in Build mode on the official tracker..

Sponsored

IEBronco24

Wildtrak
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XL Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's a crap shoot. Dealer has thrown his hands up and just said he's sorry but there's not much to report. No updates and no information on status or delays. Ford chat says they haven't seen any holds or constraints listed. There's simply no idea from anyone where my build is or its status.

I thought I'd have it by my birthday this weekend and that's looking definitely unlikely. Maybe Christmas? That'll put me on the 2 year mark.
I reserved July 19, 2020... took me 2 years and 2 months, dragged on forever. I dont want anyone waiting that long. I want to understand ford's processes but its seems their employees don't even understand.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here; got a Wildtrak, Lux, HOSS 3.0, MIC top that I was notified to start on 9/13 and is still stuck in Build mode on the official tracker..
I thought it was weird that my build with so many constraints got picked up. I guess this was their plan. Get a bunch of builds on the books for MY22 and deliver them whenever.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It obviously demand that is driving up the prices but this video does a nice job on explaining what happened to the chips. There was another article I read that said that Ford (and other automakers) rely on their parts suppliers to order the chips and they Ford (for example) doesn't order the chips directly. But that Ford would be changing that model and taking a more active role in procuring the chips.

Unfortunately that process takes a while.
Gee...take more control of your company what a great idea. Maybe they should have kept the manufacturing in good ole USA.

Rdonohoe

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco & 2022 Bronco (ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well crap. So I'm all excited about my blend date being today, 9/20, but based on what I'm reading that doesn't mean jack shit. I should expect to be in production for quite a while then, right? Is this an attempt to get as many built before the end of the MY22 period?
I share that blend date.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a vin # now but with the 2023's are in the order bank ,who wants to pay full money for a year old Bronco before you ever get to see it. The 2023's will be at the dealer before mine arrives. Think they will give me a year end discount....I don't think so,
I ordered my Base 18 months ago. Very glad I barely made the cutoff for 22. Why would I want to pay $4k more for the same truck because it was made a week later and said MY23 instead of MY22? ($1500 mid year price increase, plus $500 midyear price increase, + $2k (presumed) MY 23 price increase)

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered my Base 18 months ago. Very glad I barely made the cutoff for 22. Why would I want to pay $4k more for the same truck because it was made a week later and said MY23 instead of MY22? ($1500 mid year price increase, plus $500 midyear price increase, + $2k (presumed) MY 23 price increase)
Wouldn’t price protection apply for those that qualify?

DrewBran

Big Bend
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine was built on 9 August. 4 door base model with SAS....Expected delivery was 22 August...Still no Bronco. Dealership said that the Zone Rep will no longer give them information about vehicles that they are waiting on 🙈
I know you have to be frustrated! I got my Base Sas last week, and I promise it is with the wait. I love it even more than I thought I would. Hopefully they get yours straightened out soon!

jaboticaba

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 Chevy Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why Ford will have to eat an extra $1B in supplier costs this quarter

"Ford also disclosed that supply shortages have caused a backlog of thousands of assembled, yet incomplete vehicles. Ford anticipates between 40,000 to 45,000 unfinished vehicles — most of which are high-margin trucks and SUVs — will remain in the automaker’s inventory waiting for needed parts through the end of the third quarter."

Full press release:https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ect-of-parts-shortages-on-q3-performance.html

Yikes...
45k vehicles, $1 Billion, $22k each, Ouch

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
How about publishing an actual phone number at Ford so we can voice our opinion or actually check our build. Not the Bronco Support #, Not the Marketing Program and not Customer Satisfaction ..they are all the same BS. I have a vin # now but with the 2023's are in the order bank ,who wants to pay full money for a year old Bronco before you ever get to see it. The 2023's will be at the dealer before mine arrives. Think they will give me a year end discount....I don't think so,
Technically, you are getting a discount. You'll be paying thousands less than you would if you were buying a MY23 today.
Sponsored