First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'll give the Broncbuster guy this, he's not afraid to break a few eggs (or like 17 steering racks). Not sure if he's really really dumb or really really smart....

Personally I'm waiting for a completely re-engineered rack (weather that's the Hoss 3.0 or something aftermarket). $1730 for their "Ultimate Upgrade" is a little much considering the Hoss 3.0 rack is like $950 (once someone figures out how to make it work).
Honestly though if the new heavy duty steering rack is only 30% beefier with the same designed weak points, then I believe BroncBuster's upgraded parts on the enemic OEM rack is altogether more robust and capable at handling larger tires. The perfect steering rack for those that use their Bronco for mild to wild off-roading would be the new HD rack with BroncBuster's upgrades if it is the same design. Also Tyler usually offers some great discounts if you reach out to him. I have bought his Ultimate kit and installed. Totally happy 😊!
Sponsored

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't look like you changed the gearing. Why not?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you folks gotta go to the instagram of the op, he responded once and I don’t think you’re gonna get any more based on the statement that he doesn’t live on the forum 🤷‍♂️
Who is going to be the hero and post the updates here on B6G for those of us not on those other silly sites? Lol

Like my video, subscribe, check out my blah blah blah I hate it all and I'm not even an old person haha

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who is going to be the hero and post the updates here on B6G for those of us not on those other silly sites? Lol

Like my video, subscribe, check out my blah blah blah I hate it all and I'm not even an old person haha
I hear ya, not much on the instagram profile about the Bronco anyway. It’s probably lifted on big spacers and mega body lift with the fender flares and who knows what else removed for clearance so it’s all about the look and being first. The Broncos I saw around the Broncbuster tent at super cel west were all massively lifted with huge body lifts and body-frame gaps and were beat to piss from very aggressive off-roading.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly though if the new heavy duty steering rack is only 30% beefier with the same designed weak points, then I believe BroncBuster's upgraded parts on the enemic OEM rack is altogether more robust and capable at handling larger tires. The perfect steering rack for those that use their Bronco for mild to wild off-roading would be the new HD rack with BroncBuster's upgrades if it is the same design. Also Tyler usually offers some great discounts if you reach out to him. I have bought his Ultimate kit and installed. Totally happy 😊!
I think you may have missed my point. How can Ford sell an entire rack for $950 yet this kit costs $1730? Just a little overpriced.

$1200 for that CNC milled housing is more in line with one off custom pricing for something like that where you're paying for all of the development time, 3d modeling, machine setup, getting the CAM ready, workholding setups,... along with labor, machine, tooling, and raw material costs all together at once for one part. When you're running a bunch of parts that cost should be spread out. I can tell you that the cost of aluminum in that size part isn't all that much. I haven't priced aluminum stock for a while but I can buy a 6"x6"x6" cube of 6061 from McMasterCarr for like $230 (which is super ultra high compared to buying it from a supplier at stock lengths). I would be SUPER surprised if the finished cost on his housing part was anywhere near $300.

It's like he's trying to get the money back for all those racks he broke as quickly as possible. What's even a bit funnier is he's really not fixing the TRUE problem, which is fixing the steering geometry, instead of just beefing up stuff that's breaking.

I bet he's the nicest guy in the world when he's taking handfuls of your money. I'd be throwing out discounts too when you're spending $1700 on stuff that should cost a fraction of that.

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First I want to thank tyler with broncbuster…

this lift is what he offers… every part he makes is on my bronco

@4Lo_Lyfe for any questions…. I just don’t check this forum much. Enjoy

0C8B4E1D-91EA-41EB-A445-D79490FF92BC.jpeg

Wait! I want 40s… Tell me more!

Sponsored

AaronW

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll give the Broncbuster guy this, he's not afraid to break a few eggs (or like 17 steering racks). Not sure if he's really really dumb or really really smart....

Personally I'm waiting for a completely re-engineered rack (weather that's the Hoss 3.0 or something aftermarket). $1730 for their "Ultimate Upgrade" is a little much considering the Hoss 3.0 rack is like $950 (once someone figures out how to make it work).
hmmmm the engineering and design is above par what even Ford Performance can produce with the HOSS 3.0 steering which is not $950. According to my Ford Parts retailer it is more like $3600. But hey, buy yet another under engineered product if you want. BroncBuster fixed their issue with the current Bronco steering outside of the weak motor. Don’t hate on the ones who fix manufacturers limitations.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think you may have missed my point. How can Ford sell an entire rack for $950 yet this kit costs $1730? Just a little overpriced.

$1200 for that CNC milled housing is more in line with one off custom pricing for something like that where you're paying for all of the development time, 3d modeling, machine setup, getting the CAM ready, workholding setups,... along with labor, machine, tooling, and raw material costs all together at once for one part. When you're running a bunch of parts that cost should be spread out. I can tell you that the cost of aluminum in that size part isn't all that much. I haven't priced aluminum stock for a while but I can buy a 6"x6"x6" cube of 6061 from McMasterCarr for like $230 (which is super ultra high compared to buying it from a supplier at stock lengths). I would be SUPER surprised if the finished cost on his housing part was anywhere near $300.

It's like he's trying to get the money back for all those racks he broke as quickly as possible. What's even a bit funnier is he's really not fixing the TRUE problem, which is fixing the steering geometry, instead of just beefing up stuff that's breaking.

I bet he's the nicest guy in the world when he's taking handfuls of your money. I'd be throwing out discounts too when you're spending $1700 on stuff that should cost a fraction of that.
Well from someone that has actually replaced the factory steering rack housing with BroncBuster's solid billet housing, I will say that the aftermarket part is 100% worth every penny I paid for it. The OEM housing is like having cardboard around your body with duck tape and saying its a bulletproof vest. If you drop the OEM housing from 4' or above I would expect it to crack and brake whereas, if you drop the aftermarket housing its solid billet it will maybe make a mark on the ground and on the billet but its no going to crack. Also what is really important is the OEM inner bushing is a thin 3/8-1/2" plastic guide and does not do well in keeping the steering screw thread secure so there is play which leads to the metal screw chewing up the weak aluminum OEM housing. The BroncBuster Housing has a 1" steel bushing that will outlast any human life span.

Bottom line if your going to lift and offroad your Bronco, the BroncBuster steering upgrades will save you time, money, and being without steering issues for years to come.

Last edited:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well from someone that has actually replaced the factory steering rack housing with BroncBuster's solid billet housing, I will say that the aftermarket part is 100% worth every penny I paid for it. The OEM housing is like having cardboard around your body with duck tape and saying its a bulletproof vest. If you drop the OEM housing from 4' or above I would expect it to crack and brake whereas, if you drop the aftermarket housing its solid billet it will maybe make a mark on the ground and on the billet but its no going to crack. Also what is really important is the OEM inner bushing is a thin 3/8-1/2" plastic guide and does not do well in keeping the steering screw thread secure so there is play which leads to the metal screw chewing up the weak aluminum OEM housing.

Bottom line if your going to lift and offroad your Bronco, the BroncBuster steering upgrades will save you time, money, and being without steering for years to come.
Just because you have enough money that you don't care to be over charged doesn't mean he isn't over charging.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just because you have enough money that you don't care to be over charged doesn't mean he isn't over charging.
I feel everyone is overcharging these days, especially for the new Bronco. Everything is to high in price and the value of the dollar is crap. I looked at Bajakits rear trailing arms billet pivot plates which are a probably 1/10 fraction of billet material of the BroncBuster Steering housing and they are charging $375. Also I used shop pay to pay for the BroncBuster's ultimate kit in (3) payments to help spread out the cost.

California DMV Registration/Tags for me is around $750 smh....
Sponsored